Coronavirus

faraway saint

53 minutes ago, W6er said:

I didn't watch it, Shull. Icke make the points I have made, but then claim a the people trying to implement the New World Order are reptiles living in the moon, which is actually a spaceship. It would be funny if it didn't  tarnish vigilant people, concerned with the potential loss of their liberties, as tin foil hat wearing lunatics. If David Icke didn't exist TPTB would have to pay someone to do what he does, if he's not actually on their payroll already. 

So you don't watch the video then make things up.

1 minute ago, munoz said:

Have just picked up a load of flooring in Falkirk. 

Essential items my arse. 

I've just spoken to another guy in the engineering industry who says his company, because they weren't mentioned specifically, are carrying on, seeing it as a way to make extra money.

I'd have thought this was a dangerous strategy as if anyone, directly or indirectly, catches this they could be seen as failing to protect the public.

At this stage plenty of companies will be unsure so the next few days will be chaotic.

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

I've just spoken to another guy in the engineering industry who says his company, because they weren't mentioned specifically, are carrying on, seeing it as a way to make extra money.

I'd have thought this was a dangerous strategy as if anyone, directly or indirectly, catches this they could be seen as failing to protect the public.

At this stage plenty of companies will be unsure so the next few days will be chaotic.

Cala Homes have now shut their sites and others will hopefully follow.  

I could understand if I was delivering and picking up food stuff or medicine,  but the majority is just stuff with no real importance right now. It just seems like profits over welfare. 

I'm hearing that a bill is going through the House of Lords for self employed people.

Looks like they are going to offer 80% of earnings averaged over the last 3 years up to about £2.5k-ish providing you are not earning at the moment. Not sure if that includes (probably not) the current financial year which is about to end in a fortnight.

I think that is perfectly fair and around what employees are going to get.

4 minutes ago, Dickson said:

I think the government officially exempted building sites from the lock down - at least that's my understanding of the various exchanges I've seen by e-mail today. Around here Bellway and Persimmon are still building and Taylor Wimpy have big lorries going up and down the road nearby although their site appears to be quiet. The problem for construction companies is often the large penalties that they get charged if they don't complete on time. That is where an exemption should be put in place. If it was then construction work on non essential buildings would stop. 

People are thick as shit though. Yesterday my son - who works on one of these sites - told me that a group of subbies went on strike refusing to go out onto the job because the felt it wasn't safe and that they could catch this virus. Instead they spent four hours sitting huddled together in a Portacabin,. 🙄

Sturgeon made it very clear today the construction industry is NOT exempt unless they were building NHS buildings, no grey area. 

It'll interesting what action is taken against companies ignoring this. 

Edited by faraway saint

7 minutes ago, Dickson said:

Yet this morning she has issued a statement on the Scottish Government website saying that her advice to construction sites and hairdressers is to close. "advice" gives the grey area. 

BY lunchtime she made it very clear in her speech in Parliament.

Hey, I can't be arsed searching, I'll let you do that. 

PS Changed my mind....................She said construction sites should close unless they are involved in essential building ie building a hospital.

Edited by faraway saint

Just now, Dickson said:

Fair enough I didn't watch it. However I know of at least one construction company working on a Scottish Government project that has nothing to do with hospitals that is still working. 

There will be lots of companies, for various reasons, carrying on.

As I've mentioned, it'll be interesting to see what the authorities do, more so if an employee gets this and it happened to be fatal. 

Guest TPAFKATS
Believe or not i'm in working tomorrow
No one seems to know what essential is?
Consistent message required. Hancock stood on Parliament earlier and gave a different message to Johnson last night.
Sturgeon says close building sites, London mayor says he wanted to but was over ruled by Johnson.

Need to get legislation through asap as too many twats see only money over health of their employees.

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

There will be lots of companies, for various reasons, carrying on.

As I've mentioned, it'll be interesting to see what the authorities do, more so if an employee gets this and it happened to be fatal. 

Now that is an interesting point.

Surely someone, somewhere is going to sue a company for something like this.

Guest TPAFKATS
Pinpointing the source and linking it to the workplace will be almost impossible.

38 minutes ago, Dickson said:

I think the government officially exempted building sites from the lock down - at least that's my understanding of the various exchanges I've seen by e-mail today. Around here Bellway and Persimmon are still building and Taylor Wimpy have big lorries going up and down the road nearby although their site appears to be quiet. The problem for construction companies is often the large penalties that they get charged if they don't complete on time. That is where an exemption should be put in place. If it was then construction work on non essential buildings would stop. 

People are thick as shit though. Yesterday my son - who works on one of these sites - told me that a group of subbies went on strike refusing to go out onto the job because the felt it wasn't safe and that they could catch this virus. Instead they spent four hours sitting huddled together in a Portacabin,. 🙄

Quote from BBC Newswebsite( Also heard it on Radio S cotland at lunch time.

"Housebuilding giant Taylor Wimpey is one of the few construction firms that has announced it is closing its sites to prevent the spread of Covid-19,

But Cabinet minister Michael Gove told the BBC building work could continue if it can be done safely in the open air.

Photos of workers crammed into tube trains and on crowded building sites have angered many."

20 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
22 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Pinpointing the source and linking it to the workplace will be almost impossible.

But showing negligence wouldn't 

44 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

BY lunchtime she made it very clear in her speech in Parliament.

Hey, I can't be arsed searching, I'll let you do that. 

PS Changed my mind....................She said construction sites should close unless they are involved in essential building ie building a hospital.

The building site behind my house have been working all day

Building more houses

My wife factory have told them to be in or face the sack once this dies down

They make plastic plumbing parts

There seems to be bending the rules to suit

Guest TPAFKATS
Quote from BBC Newswebsite( Also heard it on Radio S cotland at lunch time.
"Housebuilding giant Taylor Wimpey is one of the few construction firms that has announced it is closing its sites to prevent the spread of Covid-19,
But Cabinet minister Michael Gove told the BBC building work could continue if it can be done safely in the open air.
Photos of workers crammed into tube trains and on crowded building sites have angered many."
Gove went on BBC, itv and sky TV this morning and also radio 4 and managed to say something slightly different each time. That's no mean feat!