Coronavirus

faraway saint

Guest TPAFKATS
 But showing negligence wouldn't 
Yeah, once it's been defined properly. Some companies in this area waiting on "further guidance" from Scottish government.

I was setting up laptops for home workers today but had to travel to collect them. I saw guys mono blocking another garden being turfed by a four man squad, an estate agent putting up a sale sign, a hand car wash open and a window cleaner, all in a journey under 30 mins. Plenty folk around the streets of Ayr and still a decent amount of shops open. Unless fully enforced this isn't going to have the desired effect.

I was setting up laptops for home workers today but had to travel to collect them. I saw guys mono blocking another garden being turfed by a four man squad, an estate agent putting up a sale sign, a hand car wash open and a window cleaner, all in a journey under 30 mins. Plenty folk around the streets of Ayr and still a decent amount of shops open. Unless fully enforced this isn't going to have the desired effect.

A big feature I’ve noticed about the crisis is folk who are out and about complaining about other folk being out and about

3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I'm hearing that a bill is going through the House of Lords for self employed people.

Looks like they are going to offer 80% of earnings averaged over the last 3 years up to about £2.5k-ish providing you are not earning at the moment. Not sure if that includes (probably not) the current financial year which is about to end in a fortnight.

I think that is perfectly fair and around what employees are going to get.

Does this include earnings made from working in employment in those three years?

I only started as self-employed at the end of September. My earnings proper to that were in normal employment. As such, HMRC currently have no figures of what I’ve earned since the change in job. Would this take in my earnings of the previous job, and likewise until I give them the earned figures post-Sep how would they get a figure on this?

32 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Does this include earnings made from working in employment in those three years?

I only started as self-employed at the end of September. My earnings proper to that were in normal employment. As such, HMRC currently have no figures of what I’ve earned since the change in job. Would this take in my earnings of the previous job, and likewise until I give them the earned figures post-Sep how would they get a figure on this?

That's a brilliant idea, mate! I'm just opening up Excel as we speak...how long do you reckon it'll take to knock together a set of 'accounts'... :lol: :wink:

1 hour ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Don't know I'm afraid. We'll need to wait and see.

What I will say is that in 2 weeks, the end of the financial year occurs.

You could submit a set of accounts on 6th April, aligning your companies tax year with it (I have always do this - so much easier), and maybe that will count for something.

Edited by oaksoft

27 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

Me as well I’ve been working as a £2000 a week gigolo, that’s going on my new accounts.

Unfortunately once you've paid the tax, national insurance and VAT on that sort of declared income you'd be quite a bit down on any deal the government could give you. :lol:

40 minutes ago, W6er said:

That's a brilliant idea, mate! I'm just opening up Excel as we speak...how long do you reckon it'll take to knock together a set of 'accounts'... :lol: :wink:

How would you intend to create 3 years of submitted accounts?

BTW, CS is deadly serious about his situation. He went self employed last year.

Edited by oaksoft

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

How would you intend to create 3 years of submitted accounts?

BTW, CS is deadly serious about his situation. He went self employed last year.

It was a joke! Possibly a little bit crass, given the hardship folk are potentially facing, but no malice was intended.  

38 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Don't know I'm afraid. We'll need to wait and see.

What I will say is that in 2 weeks, the end of the financial year occurs.

You could submit a set of accounts on 6th April, aligning your companies tax year with it (I have always do this - so much easier), and maybe that will count for something.

As it’s the first time I’ve gone down this route I’m acquiring help from a guy who’s an accountant. I know it was in the plans to meet up in the next few weeks to sort the figures out (that part itself will be easy enough as I need to take down total earnings before leasing costs anyway). As things draw nearer I will probably end up asking him about this, but there doesn’t seem to be a clear answer on the government websites for those who only became self employed in the past three years.

6 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

As it’s the first time I’ve gone down this route I’m acquiring help from a guy who’s an accountant. I know it was in the plans to meet up in the next few weeks to sort the figures out (that part itself will be easy enough as I need to take down total earnings before leasing costs anyway). As things draw nearer I will probably end up asking him about this, but there doesn’t seem to be a clear answer on the government websites for those who only became self employed in the past three years.

Good luck, pal. I was only joking earlier. I'm sure there'll be some assistance available to you. 

55 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Yeah and the BBC are quoting the chancellor as saying they are struggling to work out how to avoid abuse.

This might not be an imminent thing after all.

Employees are the priority for some reason - probably because there's more of them and they are easier to deal with.

3 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I'm in the same boat, became self employed in January. If they either count total earnings over the last three years, or your monthly earnings since you became self employed that's fine, but if they calculate a few months earnings over three years, it discriminates against new businesses. We can always have a two man protest, which is all that would be allowed now anyway.

😂  😂  😂  😂

Just been chatting to one of my pals, and he thinks the army should be on the streets and people obviously flouting the rules should be shot on sight. I never listen to the radio, but are there any of those old-school phone ins where mad people phone in and say stuff like that? 

Couple of days ago we were apparently 2 weeks behind Italy based on the facts that our number of deaths were the same as the number in Italy 2 weeks ago

Number of deaths in the UK today stand at about 62% of where they were at in Italy 2 weeks ago

As I highlighted last week, our curve is not as steep as Italy’s.

1 death in Japan today despite it hitting them earlier and there being no lockdown in Japan. Bars and restaurants open over there. Oldest population in the world and a relatively high number of smokers.

The relatively low number of deaths continues in Germany.