Coronavirus

faraway saint

8 minutes ago, W6er said:

😂  😂  😂  😂

Just been chatting to one of my pals, and he thinks the army should be on the streets and people obviously flouting the rules should be shot on sight. I never listen to the radio, but are there any of those old-school phone ins where mad people phone in and say stuff like that? 

The voices in your head don't count as pals.

Nice story right enough. :thumbs2

4 minutes ago, Hiram Abiff said:

Couple of days ago we were apparently 2 weeks behind Italy based on the facts that our number of deaths were the same as the number in Italy 2 weeks ago

Number of deaths in the UK today stand at about 62% of where they were at in Italy 2 weeks ago

As I highlighted last week, our curve is not as steep as Italy’s.

1 death in Japan today despite it hitting them earlier and there being no lockdown in Japan. Bars and restaurants open over there. Oldest population in the world and a relatively high number of smokers.

The relatively low number of deaths continues in Germany.

The countries who are containing it better are the ones that have got better testing in place and isolate those known to be infected. The government's decision to fail to test has been a massive mistake.

[emoji23]  [emoji23]  [emoji23]  [emoji23]

Just been chatting to one of my pals, and he thinks the army should be on the streets and people obviously flouting the rules should be shot on sight. I never listen to the radio, but are there any of those old-school phone ins where mad people phone in and say stuff like that? 

Guy I know is a runner and he’s been moaning today about there being too many folk on the streets when he was out running. I think his logic is that he’s doing ‘real’ exercise and folk just going for a walk aren’t. Wants the army brought in.

The risk from catching this virus outdoors from passing by folk walking must be almost negligible.

Another person I know has been posting online about everyone needs to stay in the house.

She was out at the pub on Friday night before they were shut to ‘support’ local business!

Read another post today from a guy moaning about the traffic on the M8 on the way to Edinburgh this morning.

Someone else moaning about the roads being busy today.

And there was Ayrshire Saints post earlier

So many folk out and about moaning about other folk being out and about!

It’s that sort of person that the army needs to round up!

The countries who are containing it better are the ones that have got better testing in place and isolate those known to be infected. The government's decision to fail to test has been a massive mistake.

Italy, France and Spain all seem to be faring far worse than the UK. I’ve read a lot of criticism of the testing in Japan.

When the early cases surfaced in the UK, I read quite a lot about those people being isolated and the work going into tracing everyone they came into contact with.

There doesn’t seem to be an real explanation yet or any evidence as to why some countries are faring better than others.

Testing and contact tracing may well be the answer, like in South Korea.

1 hour ago, Hiram Abiff said:

Couple of days ago we were apparently 2 weeks behind Italy based on the facts that our number of deaths were the same as the number in Italy 2 weeks ago

Number of deaths in the UK today stand at about 62% of where they were at in Italy 2 weeks ago

As I highlighted last week, our curve is not as steep as Italy’s.

1 death in Japan today despite it hitting them earlier and there being no lockdown in Japan. Bars and restaurants open over there. Oldest population in the world and a relatively high number of smokers.

The relatively low number of deaths continues in Germany.

Sorry but you are kidding yourself looking at total deaths.

On 9th March, Italy recorded 96 new deaths.

I'm afraid that we are pretty much precisely 2 weeks behind Italy and still on course to hit about 3000 daily deaths and the overwhelimg of our NHS around 5th to 7th April unless something changes. I wish I could be more positive and in a few days I might be. Not at the moment though.

Edited by oaksoft

Italy, France and Spain all seem to be faring far worse than the UK. I’ve read a lot of criticism of the testing in Japan.

When the early cases surfaced in the UK, I read quite a lot about those people being isolated and the work going into tracing everyone they came into contact with.

There doesn’t seem to be an real explanation yet or any evidence as to why some countries are faring better than others.

Testing and contact tracing may well be the answer, like in South Korea.
Epidemiologists suggest for every one death... there are 1000 people infected...
So as of yesterday that 422,000 in the UK infected.
And as the death rate almost doubles on a daily basis now if it's an additional (87 yesterday)190 today we are looking at 612,000 infected.

Aye it's just like the flu this....

6 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Sorry but you are kidding yourself looking at total deaths.

On 9th March, Italy recorded 96 new deaths.

I'm afraid that we are pretty much precisely 2 weeks behind Italy and still on course to hit about 3000 daily deaths and the overwhelimg of our NHS around 5th to 7th April unless something changes. I wish I could be more positive and in a few days I might be. Not at the moment though.

Fist of all, let's deal with your predicted numbers for Italy.

I would suggest that's, 3,000 daily deaths, more than unlikely as their daily rate has averaged 683 over the last 5 days.

image.png.7552f8a44c009637af68243d23cc2f12.png

The Italian health president said this 3 days ago................"We expect to see the first effects of the stringent lockdown measures adopted on March 11 after 2-3 weeks, so the coming week will be absolutely crucial in this sense: we expect to finally see a  sign of trend reversal," said Franco Locatelli, President of the Health Council

As for the UK, the NHS could be seen as "overwhelmed" at anytime as we seem to be close to that at anytime if you believe some.

As for you wishing you could be more positive, you've never showed any positivity throughout this, unlikely you'll start now. 

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Epidemiologists suggest for every one death... there are 1000 people infected...
And as the death rate almost doubles on a daily basis now if it's an additional (87 yesterday)190 today we are looking at 612,000 infected.

Can you show a link/evidence for this? 

Not that I doubt you it's just the "cry wolf" thing. 

Now, the death rate...........................:lol:

You have been spouting this shite for some time and you're either "at it" or your ability to do simple arithmetic is at an astounding level. 

That apart you are talking utter drivel yet again.

image.png.a1d00d8e739e7b57875dfdba93c1ac20.png

image.png.4d8dd0f876275bfeaf5a3690c5943bf6.png

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/

Edited by faraway saint

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

20 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Can you show a link/evidence for this? Not that I doubt you it's just the "cry wolf" thing. 

image.png.4d8dd0f876275bfeaf5a3690c5943bf6.png

I have seen at least two epidemiologists cite precisely the figures rate that lpm has quoted.

Edited by antrin
Wrong spelling of lpm - TWICE!

5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Could you show this as I couldn't find this?

*No.  it was on tv.    
for every one person who does not/cannot self isolate - they can catch it then infect 2.6 others, who can infect 2.6 and so on.

By the time it reaches 1000, at least 1 of them has had underlying causes/is unlucky but has perished.*

You understand why I have my doubts, don't  you? 

*I thought as you live by the tv you’d have watched more than fitba for a change as there’s f**k all else.*

Why have you posted the daily death rates? 

couldnae be arsed editing it oot.

clunky on iPad, as you see...*

Nicola Sturgeon revealed On Sunday afternoon that Scotland had called on the military to help amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. Speaking at a press conference, the Scottish First Minister told reporters that the military was needed to evacuate a coronavirus patient from an island. This comes as Scotland's Chief Medical Officer Dr Catherine Calderwood told the same press conference that around 54,000 people will die from the virus in Scotland.

So given the population of England that'll be times ten.

7 minutes ago, antrin said:

Unlike you I’ve been so busy that I had no time to post an avalanche of typically unrelenting, cut and paste shite on here.

genuinely sorry if your work has ceased.

even more sorry as it means you’ll be on here all the more.  :(

Where is the shite? 

Would you prefer I just make shite up, like LPM? (Quite easy to spell LPM by the way) :1eye

Surprised you've not managed to bring in Rangers to this thread, you do it on every other  thread you can. :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

11 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Nicola Sturgeon revealed On Sunday afternoon that Scotland had called on the military to help amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. Speaking at a press conference, the Scottish First Minister told reporters that the military was needed to evacuate a coronavirus patient from an island. This comes as Scotland's Chief Medical Officer Dr Catherine Calderwood told the same press conference that around 54,000 people will die from the virus in Scotland.

So given the population of England that'll be times ten.

Apologies, I can't find any EVIDENCE of this, can you please post?

Hurry, I'm holding my breath.