Coronavirus

faraway saint

13 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:
16 minutes ago, faraway saint said:
Apologies, I can't find any EVIDENCE of this, can you please post?
Hurry, I'm holding my breath. 

Aye I can help... google it dobber.

So you made it up? :lol:

You're having a nightmare. :byebye

PS A "like" for "dobber", great word. :thumbs2

Edited by faraway saint

1 minute ago, cockles1987 said:

Forgot I had posted that yesterday.

No doubt I'll post it again tomorrow as it's Groundhog Day for real.

Wake up, goto work, come home, sleep.

Wake up, goto work, come home, sleep...

Just grateful that I'm getting paid when I read what's happening with so many others. emoji106.png

Hearing more and more stories from people that suggest that companies are more interested in profit rather than the health of employees. 

(See @munoz posts ) 

11 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Hearing more and more stories from people that suggest that companies are more interested in profit rather than the health of employees. 

(See @munoz posts ) 

Probably right, my employer (Tesco Bank) have given me 12 weeks off with full pay due to being classed as vulnerable (Type 1 Diabetic) and also my wife has been given 12 weeks off with full pay because partly of my situation.

There are some employers who are trying to look after their staff but a lot are looking for guidance in how to do this.

12 minutes ago, chalky1 said:

Probably right, my employer (Tesco Bank) have given me 12 weeks off with full pay due to being classed as vulnerable (Type 1 Diabetic) and also my wife has been given 12 weeks off with full pay because partly of my situation.

There are some employers who are trying to look after their staff but a lot are looking for guidance in how to do this.

That's exactly the position my company are in.

Yesterday they were clearly unsure, bit wanting to do the right thing and safeguard the employees.

So, they sent us home on full pay to give them time to get clarification and seek legal advice.

Not all are in this boat I'm afraid. 

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

That's exactly the position my company are in.

Yesterday they were clearly unsure, bit wanting to do the right thing and safeguard the employees.

So, they sent us home on full pay to give them time to get clarification and seek legal advice.

Not all are in this boat I'm afraid. 

Agree bud, my role is Finance with customer services, seen as vital because customers are calling up worried about how they are going to pay etc. Also Tesco where starting to segragate teams who site beside each other. all staff who can work from home have been told to work from home, so as to free up more space within the office.

Guest TPAFKATS
Yeah and the BBC are quoting the chancellor as saying they are struggling to work out how to avoid abuse.
This might not be an imminent thing after all.
Employees are the priority for some reason - probably because there's more of them and they are easier to deal with.
How many folk is he prepared to see struggle in order to prevent others abusing the system?
Any and every scheme he brings in will be open to abuse by some.

Prince Charles has the Virus. 

But the good news is  I have just had a hot pie and a lovely cup of tea due to McHargs the Bakers being open on the Paisley Road West. 

Pie is better than Greggs effort. 

Edited by shull

Epidemiologists suggest for every one death... there are 1000 people infected...
So as of yesterday that 422,000 in the UK infected.
And as the death rate almost doubles on a daily basis now if it's an additional (87 yesterday)190 today we are looking at 612,000 infected.

Aye it's just like the flu this....

Can you provide the evidence for this?

I’ve never claimed this was just like the flu. That was faraway.

Sorry but you are kidding yourself looking at total deaths.

On 9th March, Italy recorded 96 new deaths.

I'm afraid that we are pretty much precisely 2 weeks behind Italy and still on course to hit about 3000 daily deaths and the overwhelimg of our NHS around 5th to 7th April unless something changes. I wish I could be more positive and in a few days I might be. Not at the moment though.

I note that you deleted most of your reply after realising you were wrong and I was right.

Also note your pal TPAFTWAT liking it

The Chuckle Brothers

The 2 of you should just concentrate on going out and about and getting your guaranteed monthly pay whilst shouting for everyone else to be locked down.

I work in maintenance for the water industry. We talk about "essential services" but let's not forget we can't do our jobs if we can't purchase the parts to repair the pumps and filters that keep the water pure and the sewage system functioning.  Thank goodness we have had word from some suppliers saying they will be open for business with stringent rules in place to protect us and their staff. The numbers of people who could be classed as essential is far more than some might think initially. 

Edited by stlucifer

1 hour ago, Hiram Abiff said:

I note that you deleted most of your reply after realising you were wrong and I was right.

Also note your pal TPAFTWAT liking it

The Chuckle Brothers

The 2 of you should just concentrate on going out and about and getting your guaranteed monthly pay whilst shouting for everyone else to be locked down.

I most certainly didn't delete most of anything,

We're on track for 3000 daily deaths by 6th April or thereabouts unless something significant happens to change the trend.

I have absolutely no idea why you and Faraway are trying to play down what is happening but that's up to the pair of you.

@Hiram Abiff @faraway saint. Both of you are intelligent enough.

Instead of posting absolutely shite and calling everyone else names, why don't the pair of you stop being so fecking lazy and quite simply take the data from worldometer on UK daily deaths, put them in a spreadsheet, fit an exponential trend line and then use the equation of the curve to give a rough and ready prediction of how many deaths we'll be at by 6th April.

It's literally 5 minutes work and it's not as if you brainboxes have anything better to do with your time.

5 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I most certainly didn't delete most of anything,

We're on track for 3000 daily deaths by 6th April or thereabouts unless something significant happens to change the trend.

I have absolutely no idea why you and Faraway are trying to play down what is happening but that's up to the pair of you.

I'll bet YOU any money you like we DON'T hit 3,000 a day by that date?

If your that confident, and I'm fecked where you think that will come from, back it up with something apart from unfounded words.

While you pointing the finger what's your view on the utter drivel LPM has been spreading or are you in that boat as well? 

Spreading scare stories, you should be ashamed although after your hoarding I suspect you have no shame. 

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I'll bet YOU any money you like we DON'T hit 3,000 a day by that date?

If your that confident, and I'm fecked where you think that will come from, back it up with something apart from unfounded words.

Go and do the work I suggested.

Then come back and admit that I have made it crystal clear that my stats are rough and ready and hedged with all sorts of caveats such as needing something to change. OR come back and critique the trend curve that emerges.

Edited by oaksoft

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

Go and do the work I suggested.

Then come back and admit that I have made it crystal clear that my stats are rough and ready and hedged with all sorts of caveats such as needing something to change. OR come back and critique the trend curve that emerges.

Brilliant, you spout 3,000 a day then squirm using as many "get out clauses" as possible.

Using the FACTS from any country do NOT back up your wild claims.

Aye, time will tell. :byebye

20 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Brilliant, you spout 3,000 a day then squirm using as many "get out clauses" as possible.

Using the FACTS from any country do NOT back up your wild claims.

Aye, time will tell. :byebye

If you are not prepared or not capable of creating the spreadsheet or the trend line equation then why the f**k are you talking at all?

For anyone interested, here is the daily deaths data for the UK from worldometer, along with an exponential fit I made from the spreadsheet data which I've then used to predict where we could be in a few weeks time.

The R^2 value is reasonably good and the trend line equation is included.

I hope any sane person can see the good fit between the exponential and the actual data.

Faraway and hiram should be ashamed at not being able to do the 5 minutes of work to reproduce this but I guess not everyone is capable of even the most trivial of technical work.

image.png.240be2180dc99b1c697a92025b0b4a22.png

Horizontal axis - starts at 15th Feb 2020. Each data point is a subsequent day.

Vertical axis is number of deaths in that day.

Axes didn't show when I copied the file.

Edited by oaksoft

6 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

If you are not prepared or not capable of creating the spreadsheet or the trend line equation then why the f**k are you talking at all?

:lol:

Here's what the Italians are saying...............they, have hit 793 in one day, they, are already seeing a levelling out.

"We expect to see the first effects of the stringent lockdown measures adopted on March 11 after 2-3 weeks, so the coming week will be absolutely crucial in this sense: we expect to finally see a  sign of trend reversal," said Franco Locatelli, President of the Health Council

You do realise the Italian figures would need to rocket to reach 3,000 per day.

Edited by faraway saint

Children, please! :lol: What's all this squabbling about? I'm sure it's pretty hard to accurately model the disease's spread, who knows what variables are at play. Unless I'm correct in my suspicions that this is a New World Order plot, it's safe to assume the measures taken are due to the deadly potential of this virus, and so I think it's reasonable to assume that at its worst there may well be thousands dying every day. Nobody wants that and let's pray it doesn't materialise. Why argue about it, and insult each other?

Just now, W6er said:

Children, please! :lol: What's all this squabbling about? I'm sure it's pretty hard to accurately model the disease's spread, who knows what variables are at play. Unless I'm correct in my suspicions that this is a New World Order plot, it's safe to assume the measures taken are due to the deadly potential of this virus, and so I think it's reasonable to assume that at its worst there may well be thousands dying every day. Nobody wants that and let's pray it doesn't materialise. Why argue about it, and insult each other?

It's very easy to do a quick and cheap estimate based on trend alone.

Just now, oaksoft said:

It's very easy to do a quick and cheap estimate based on trend alone.

Maybe. However, let's hope that the lockdown is successful in slowing the spread of the virus, so that your predictions don't come to pass.