Coronavirus

faraway saint

11 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

:lol:

Here's what the Italians are saying...............they, have hit 793 in one day, they, are already seeing a levelling out.

"We expect to see the first effects of the stringent lockdown measures adopted on March 11 after 2-3 weeks, so the coming week will be absolutely crucial in this sense: we expect to finally see a  sign of trend reversal," said Franco Locatelli, President of the Health Council

You do realise the Italian figures would need to rocket to reach 3,000 per day.

FFS. Two things.

First - did I not just say "if something doesn't change" when I posted my prediction? Hmmm. Yes, yes I did. You appear to have missed that.

Second - the Italians can say whatever they like. The FACT is that their death rates are still increasing.

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

The numbers of people who could be classed as essential is far more than some might think initially. 

Your right.   The demand for laptops is high, for government  bodies and people working from home. 

I work in facilities, in buildings that is churning out new and recycled PC's. Thinking initially it would dry up. Know there's big demand from other European countries governments.

We also have a big MOD data centre to maintain.     Would rather self isolate, but company at present won't let us.  

Edited by pod

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

FFS. Two things.

First - did I not just say "if something doesn't change" when I posted my prediction? Hmmm. Yes, yes I did. You appear to have missed that.

Second - the Italians can say whatever they like. The FACT is that their death rates are still increasing.

FFS, you , all of a sudden like FACTS, when it suits you but you love a wee graph to back up your hysterical claims? :lol:

Let's agree it's tragic, no matter what the numbers are, every numbers a person. 

Time will tell, the current measures SHOULD slow this down to a manageable rate for the NHS to do their best. 

5 hours ago, munoz said:

The latest strict measures on keeping employees safe at my work this morning- got given 1 pair of latex gloves. 

I'm feeling so much safer now.

The latex should cause a nice rash 

you should ask to see the risk assessment that identifies how you are exposed to risk and how a single pair of gloves will protect you, how they should be worn, in what circumstances, how they should be stored, etc

if they really are latex rather than Nitrile rubber then a skin surveillance programme needs to be in place

it is an offence to supply PPE without a risk assessment 

Just when you thought people could not get any more stupid, there are videos on Youtube and something called TikTok showing people taking part in a new public toilet bowl licking challenge.

No idea if this is fake or not but it's so brainless I actually can't stop laughing. 

2 hours ago, Yflab said:

MoTs to be extended by 6 months.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52036333

I read that as saying existing MOT to be extended by 6 months.

What if your car is just under 3 years old and doesn't have a MOT  ?

My 1st MOT wont be due till June so it isn't a problem for me at this moment.

Are garages open for doing a service to maintain the warranty a car owner may have from the manufactures ?

3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

@Hiram Abiff @faraway saint. Both of you are intelligent enough.

Instead of posting absolutely shite and calling everyone else names, why don't the pair of you stop being so fecking lazy and quite simply take the data from worldometer on UK daily deaths, put them in a spreadsheet, fit an exponential trend line and then use the equation of the curve to give a rough and ready prediction of how many deaths we'll be at by 6th April.

It's literally 5 minutes work and it's not as if you brainboxes have anything better to do with your time.

whether they are dummies or not, YOU are certainly an arrogant twat

1 minute ago, Dickson said:

As far as I know many of them are. The place where I bought my car sent out an e-mail to advise they were operating with reduced staffing levels to assist with social distancing. 

My local garage is still open, and the one that I usually use for servicing and MOT's when I need them, in Wishaw, is open.

I actually been using the independence Toyota garage in Helensburgh for my services and MOT for a lot of years now.

Always get a good discount and service.

No chance I am giving my car to any Arnold Clark garage, specifically Linwood  :lol:

3 hours ago, W6er said:

Children, please! :lol: What's all this squabbling about? I'm sure it's pretty hard to accurately model the disease's spread, who knows what variables are at play. Unless I'm correct in my suspicions that this is a New World Order plot, it's safe to assume the measures taken are due to the deadly potential of this virus, and so I think it's reasonable to assume that at its worst there may well be thousands dying every day. Nobody wants that and let's pray it doesn't materialise. Why argue about it, and insult each other?

Mainly because there no footie on and people like Oaky who stick their heads up.........................need shooting

33 minutes ago, shull said:

Thought this economic shutdown would suit these maniacs. 

ET5YP4gWsAM5IRF?format=jpg&name=240x240

To be fair, they have a point. 

Human_population_growth_from_1800_to_2000-1-e1570793729448.png.49258384008fd16e858f52ef5bbc3fad.png

The world doesn't have infinite resources. I think this century we'll start to see resource wars, famines and more pandemics, unfortunately.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Just when you thought people could not get any more stupid, there are videos on Youtube and something called TikTok showing people taking part in a new public toilet bowl licking challenge.

No idea if this is fake or not but it's so brainless I actually can't stop laughing. 

Just why would ANYONE think that funny? bizzare.

So the Scottish government is setting up its own expert group which they say may provide different advice from the UK government. Just what we need at a time where national unity is so important. They've hardly managed to work with the UK government for a week without sliding into the our coronavirus is different from your coronavirus. Pathetic. 

28 minutes ago, Dickson said:
52 minutes ago, pod said:

Electricity, gas, comms. it's endless.  

Yep and the heroes on the oil rigs and the refineries, Undertakers and the private ambulance drivers that take away the dead bodies. The HVAC engineers who are trying to keep data halls and server rooms cold whilst trying to heat hospitals and super markets and keep the air supply fresh and clean. Then you've got all their supply chain. And that's before you look at the factory workers and engineering plant companies that have responded to the governments call to manufacture respirators despite that not being their main business. 

There is literally an army of millions of essential workers in the UK at the moment that aren't getting a round of applause when they leave their houses; who aren't getting any praise on social media and who - to their credit - don't expect any either. Yet without them doctors and nurses couldn't begin to do their job, the supermarkets would be completely empty, our streets would be muck ridden with sewage being backed up, and where rubbish was blown everywhere from the overflowing bins. 

Not everyone should work from home. 

well said, nice to see you in sensible mode :)

12 minutes ago, Oldfellow said:

So the Scottish government is setting up its own expert group which they say may provide different advice from the UK government. Just what we need at a time where national unity is so important. They've hardly managed to work with the UK government for a week without sliding into the our coronavirus is different from your coronavirus. Pathetic. 

They have already been giving different advice.

I agree it's not helping, although, on a personal note, I'm more inclined to agree with the Scottish advice. 

PS This isn't in anyway a political reason. 

Edited by faraway saint

40 minutes ago, Oldfellow said:

A Scottish Government who are responsible for our carpetbombed third world roads. 

Edited by shull

32 minutes ago, W6er said:

To be fair, they have a point. 

Human_population_growth_from_1800_to_2000-1-e1570793729448.png.49258384008fd16e858f52ef5bbc3fad.png

The world doesn't have infinite resources. I think this century we'll start to see resource wars, famines and more pandemics, unfortunately.

I did some quick calculations once on this for a bit of fun years ago.

I think that you could fit all people into an area of about 30 square miles assuming each human is about 1 metre wide and half a metre deep..

There are plenty of resources to go around everyone if there was a will to do it. It's inequality in that sense which causes most of the problems.

Edited by oaksoft