Coronavirus

faraway saint

17 minutes ago, shull said:

A Scottish Government who are responsible for our csrpetbombed third world roads. 

Yes, because that is a priority right now.

Are you trying to be as stupid as jaybee?

Honestly, a national emergency not seen since the two wars and we have people wittering on about shite like bumpy roads and Greggs being shut. :lol:

Edited by oaksoft

6 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I did some quick calculations once on this for a bit of fun years ago.

I think that you could fit all people into an area of about 30 square miles assuming each human is about 1 metre wide and half a metre deep..

There are plenty of resources to go around everyone if there was a will to do it. It's inequality in that sense which causes most of the problems.

Lots of short fat people than in your calculations then   :lol:

59 minutes ago, Dickson said:

Yep and the heroes on the oil rigs and the refineries, Undertakers and the private ambulance drivers that take away the dead bodies. The HVAC engineers who are trying to keep data halls and server rooms cold whilst trying to heat hospitals and super markets and keep the air supply fresh and clean. Then you've got all their supply chain. And that's before you look at the factory workers and engineering plant companies that have responded to the governments call to manufacture respirators despite that not being their main business. 

There is literally an army of millions of essential workers in the UK at the moment that aren't getting a round of applause when they leave their houses; who aren't getting any praise on social media and who - to their credit - don't expect any either. Yet without them doctors and nurses couldn't begin to do their job, the supermarkets would be completely empty, our streets would be muck ridden with sewage being backed up, and where rubbish was blown everywhere from the overflowing bins. 

Not everyone should work from home. 

It's unhelpful and inappropriate to be chucking around words like "heroes" when you are describing exceptionally well paid members of staff.

Most of the people who are holding the country together right now are those who are paid the least and treated with disrespect by society - cleaners, those involved in food production and delivery etc.

When this is all done and dusted these people don't need to be patronised by applause. They need to be paid a wage which reflects their importance to the nation.

I'm hugely hopeful that this group of workers can find some way of ensuring that happens once this is finished.

Edited by oaksoft

19 minutes ago, Tommy said:

They could be fixing them the now while nobody is driving over them.

Barrhead Rd in Paisley 1st please   :whistle

Indeed, perfect time to get them all sorted. 

10 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I think that you could fit all people into an area of about 30 square miles assuming each human is about 1 metre wide and half a metre deep..

There are plenty of resources to go around everyone if there was a will to do it. It's inequality in that sense which causes most of the problems.

My only hope would be I was 30 miles away from you. :rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Just re-did the numbers.

7 billion people times 1 metre times 0.5 metres is 3.5 billion square metres. That's 59km by 59km which is near as damn it 36 miles by 36 miles.

So not 30 square miles but you could certainly fit everyone into a surprisingly small area.

You'd need a lot of toilets though..... :lol:

Edited by oaksoft

11 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Honestly, a national emergency not seen since the two wars and we have people wittering on about shite like bumpy roads and Greggs being shut. :lol:

Up your own arse drama queen fecking Jessie. Still a bully and condescending wanker. 

McHargs the Bakers certainly satisfied my needs today. They will be rewarded in the future. 

2 minutes ago, shull said:

Up your own arse drama queen fecking Jessie. Still a bully and condescending wanker. 

McHargs the Bakers certainly satisfied my needs today. They will be rewarded in the future. 

Oh piss off shull and take jaybee with you. A waste of f**king space the pair of you. :lol:

8 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

My only hope would be I was 30 miles away from you. :rolleyes:

Oh I wouldn't be anywhere near that 36 x 36 mile area.

I'd rather jump off a cliff than be amongst people wittering on about Greggs, potholes and how exponential trends are "scaremongering shite".

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Oh piss off shull and take jaybee with you. A waste of f**king space the pair of you. :lol:

Bully who was torn to shreds a few weeks ago. 

Jealous, envious and bullying cnut. 

You ain't the fecking daddy on here. 

Let me know when you see your first football match. 

10 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Just re-did the numbers.

7 billion people times 1 metre times 0.5 metres is 3.5 billion square metres. That's 59km by 59km which is near as damn it 36 miles by 36 miles.

So not 30 square miles but you could certainly fit everyone into a surprisingly small area.

It's often been said that the world's population could stand together on the Isle of Man. Why they would want to do that is beyond me. 

22 minutes ago, oaksoft said:
40 minutes ago, shull said:

A Scottish Government who are responsible for our csrpetbombed third world roads. 

AND prats like YOU wittering on about nobody listening to your shite

20 minutes ago, Tommy said:
28 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Oaky comes across as Mr Fecking know it all .....very superior, he thinks and THEN he comes up with shite like this and hell mend you if he dissnae like you and ye get on is bad books..................PLONKER.

2 minutes ago, jaybee said:

AND prats like YOU wittering on about nobody listening to your shite

He is a sanctimonious and condescending fecking bully. 

His self esteem is in the gutter and he tries to ridicule and put others down constantly. 

An absolute cnut of a person is Oaksoft who has no fecking clue about St Mirren or football. 

Fecking moron. 

I have the faraway walloper on ignore thankfully but saw Oaksoft quoting him and I have to say I thought I had seen it all on BWA but this has no be a new low in a very deep pit. Faraway wanting a BET on how many folk die. Get a fukin grip of yourself man, that is an utter disgrace !!!

Go and do the work I suggested.
Then come back and admit that I have made it crystal clear that my stats are rough and ready and hedged with all sorts of caveats such as needing something to change. OR come back and critique the trend curve that emerges.

17 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Just re-did the numbers.

Talking about people being half a metre deep and a metre wide was weird.

Don't know anybody that fits that description    :lol:

3 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Oaky comes across as Mr Fecking know it all .....very superior, he thinks and THEN he comes up with shite like this and hell mend you if he dissnae like you and ye get on is bad books..................PLONKER.

He has bullied a few on here, particularly IOBS which was unforgivable. 

Unfortunately for Oakcnut, he tried to do Ricky but Ricky absolutely and hilariously melted the wanker. His jealousy and meltdown  of Rickys success was wonderful to witness. 

19 minutes ago, oaksoft said:
21 minutes ago, shull said:

A wee bit of advice Mr clever dick don't be cnut all your life have a day off.............................. and then feck off.

5 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

I have the faraway walloper on ignore thankfully but saw Oaksoft quoting him and I have to say I thought I had seen it all on BWA but this has no be a new low in a very deep pit. Faraway wanting a BET on how many folk die. Get a fukin grip of yourself man, that is an utter disgrace !!!

4 hours ago, oaksoft said:
Go and do the work I suggested.
Then come back and admit that I have made it crystal clear that my stats are rough and ready and hedged with all sorts of caveats such as needing something to change. OR come back and critique the trend curve that emerges.

you need to read it all (sorry) to get the context

7 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Who made you read his post 

How can you ignore somebody then see his quoted post then fecking read it ? 

Skim you clown. 

12 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Says the guy willing a forum member lose his livelihood for posting a few words on a forum. :lol:

You can't even read, I was betting the the number of people who WOULDN'T die.🤡

Back to the village, every one needs one. :byebye