Coronavirus

faraway saint

It should be remembered that the fatality rate in the UK is .0009 confirming that this is not killer some are making out.

Aids/HIV killed 36,000,000, this virus has killed just over 24,000 worldwide.

Some perspective when people are calling people cnuts. @TPAFKATS simply because they see things differently. 

As far as I know no one on the forum has killed anyone, let alone been confirmed WITH this virus.  

On 3/25/2020 at 1:32 PM, W6er said:

Children, please! :lol: What's all this squabbling about? I'm sure it's pretty hard to accurately model the disease's spread, who knows what variables are at play. Unless I'm correct in my suspicions that this is a New World Order plot, it's safe to assume the measures taken are due to the deadly potential of this virus, and so I think it's reasonable to assume that at its worst there may well be thousands dying every day. Nobody wants that and let's pray it doesn't materialise. Why argue about it, and insult each other?

17 hours ago, FTOF said:

The one thing that has become obvious throughout this whole sequence of events, is that there are so many variables in play here, that it is impossible to predict how this going to pan out.

For a start, comparing one country with another which has completely different demographic, is simply invalid. It's basic science.

Mathematical models are all fine and well, in theory.

In reality when nature is involved its sheer unpredictability often manages to outwit these models. I notice that they're now employing such models to try and contain the locust plague in the Africa and Asia. It seems to be helping just now, but it's very early stages. 

Given the extraordinary speed that this pandemic has developed at, it is impossible to have any data that is particularly reliable. I can understand governments, with hosts of experts behind them, announcing figures to try and reassure people or to emphasise the severity of the situation.

However, clowns on the internet, who in their own tiny minds, think that they have become some sort of guiding light on the matter, should be ignored completely. 

14 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

To be honest, you're wasting your time with the graphs. There are far too many unknown variables to get any real accuracy. All your graphs really showed was what would probably happen if the demographics of the whole population reflected the demographics of the group who had already tested positive and nothing happened to slow (or accelerate) the spread of the virus. Of course, neither of those things are likely.

This isn't a dig, just an observation.

We all said the same thing. I just said it first! :lol: :wink:

Don't worry though, Slartibartfast, I'm not accusing you of plagiarism! Besides, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. :P

1 minute ago, Dickson said:

Aye well done the nurses. Hopefully they are washing their hands before dipping into the Heroes tin. 😁

We focus a lot on the nurses, i haven't seen nearly as much mention of ambulance crews, paramedics, prison and police officers. No mention of the hospital porters or cleaners. No mention at all of pharmacy staff and apparently we've got people in our society who are shouting abuse at frontline workers dealing with feeding the nation in shops and supermarkets. 

I'm not getting into a never ending debate where this line starts or stops and there has been plenty of mention for some of the groups you mention.

:byebye

what if there is no COVID virus? What if governments around the world know something terrible is going to happen that they have to have total control of the population, so they engineered this whole episode to use as a drill for the real disaster that is coming? Are Aliens due to invade? or is it a meteor? 
right that’s it no more Netflix for me. 

Guest TPAFKATS
It should be remembered that the fatality rate in the UK is .0009 confirming that this is not killer some are making out.
Aids/HIV killed 36,000,000, this virus has killed just over 24,000 worldwide.
Some perspective when people are calling people cnuts. [mention=536]TPAFKATS[/mention] simply because they see things differently. 
As far as I know no one on the forum has killed anyone, let alone been confirmed WITH this virus.  
It's a worldwide pandemic and you think its relevant to state no one on the forum has the virus. Obviously you have nothing to back this irrelevant statement up, but that doesn't stop the trolling does it.
You are getting to the hilarious stage now.

You really need to broaden your social circle outside of this forum once this is all over.

Guest TPAFKATS
two thirds would have died in the next 6 months anyway?
two words, callous cnut

Seems the policy is still one of culling the herd. They just aren't openly stating it now.

A dream scenario for those who favour eugenics.

IMO, It's also worrying that this guy with his questionable modelling, opinions and conclusions gets such a large role in advising government at a critical time.

4 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

It's a worldwide pandemic and you think its relevant to state no one on the forum has the virus. Obviously you have nothing to back this irrelevant statement up, but that doesn't stop the trolling does it.
You are getting to the hilarious stage now.

You really need to broaden your social circle outside of this forum once this is all over.

You're the one firing bullets at people on the forum.

You don't have a clue, on lots of things Google, but explain why I'm trolling? 

My social circle is fine and as you have nothing to back this irrelevant statement up, I'd suggest you crawl back into your sad and sorry hole. :byebye

Guest TPAFKATS
My social circle is fine and as you have nothing to back this irrelevant statement up, I'd suggest you crawl back into your sad and sorry hole. :byebye
Trolling is all you do.

3 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
10 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Trolling is all you do.

As I said, you don't have a clue, thanks for proving it. :lol:

55 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

what if there is no COVID virus? What if governments around the world know something terrible is going to happen that they have to have total control of the population, so they engineered this whole episode to use as a drill for the real disaster that is coming? Are Aliens due to invade? or is it a meteor? 
right that’s it no more Netflix for me. 

If it is of interest you can follow the track of 1998 OR2 which if it speeds up and changes course then it would be an extinction level event. Extremely unlikely but still a small percentage of a chance. Last updated on the 25/03 as it currently stands.

https://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/sbdb.cgi?sstr=52768&orb=1

Guest TPAFKATS
As I said, you don't have a clue, thanks for proving it. [emoji38]
I put you on ignore, you claimed you were ignoring me.
Yet here you are copying my user name into a post to get my attention.
That's classic trolling behaviour. The only other user I'm aware of doing that is sad Andy. He's also the only one likely to give you a like.
When you are behaving the same as him it's time to step away from the phone or laptop and take a break.
This combined with you inexhaustible post count would be a good starting point for evidencing your social life, or lack of.

Stop chasing after me just because no one else is biting. You sad attention seeking c**t.

11 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

I put you on ignore, you claimed you were ignoring me.
Yet here you are copying my user name into a post to get my attention.
That's classic trolling behaviour. The only other user I'm aware of doing that is sad Andy. He's also the only one likely to give you a like.
When you are behaving the same as him it's time to step away from the phone or laptop and take a break.
This combined with you inexhaustible post count would be a good starting point for evidencing your social life, or lack of.

Stop chasing after me just because no one else is biting. You sad attention seeking c**t.

More hard man patter, run along, you don't have a clue. :byebye

More sad news... 

McHargs the Bakers has pulled the shutters down. 

Still got a couple of options to feed my face, so all is not lost. 

FAKE NEWS JUST IN 

Boris has the Virus. 

9 hours ago, jaybee said:

two thirds would have died in the next 6 months anyway?
two words, callous cnut

There’s nothing callous about it.  It’s just facts, reality...

A better two words would be “Cautious optimism”, surely, if the figures are showing that Covid 19 is wreaking less havoc than the annual flus?

The worst thing (apart from no mysterious benefactor paying for my recent shopping in Waitrose) about this whole Covid 19 scenario for me, happened during this morning’s Waitrose run...

There were two lines of shoppers: one for the vulnerable and elderly between 8 and 9am, and one for youngsters who had to wait till the elderly were admitted, in twos and threes...

No one even challenged me when I went in the quick, but elderly queue!

bastards!  :angry:

14 minutes ago, shull said:

More sad news... 

McHargs the Bakers has pulled the shutters down. 

Still got a couple of options to feed my face, so all is not lost. 

FAKE NEWS JUST IN 

Boris has the Virus. 

Sometimes it's hard to separate the shite from the truth, in this case it seems like it's true. 

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/boris-coronavirus-johnson-prime-minister-112128890.html

There’s nothing callous about it.  It’s just facts, reality...
A better two words would be “Cautious optimism”, surely, if the figures are showing that Covid 19 is wreaking less havoc than the annual flus?

The worst thing (apart from no mysterious benefactor paying for my recent shopping in Waitrose) about this whole Covid 19 scenario for me, happened during this morning’s Waitrose run...
There were two lines of shoppers: one for the vulnerable and elderly between 8 and 9am, and one for youngsters who had to wait till the elderly were admitted, in twos and threes...
No one even challenged me when I went in the quick, but elderly queue!

bastards!  :angry:

Tesco Renfrew is generally empty so we took a run down to the big one in Port Glasgow for the 9-10 restricted time. We weren't challenged re age (booooo!) but we couldn't go in together, one trolley, one person.

The missus stayed outside and I went in and apparently missed the stooshie at the front door. There's a porch with two side doors then the store entrance itself, the porch barriered to make one side entry, the other exit. Along comes wee manky jakey ned and proceeds to try to enter through the exit. Wee wummin tells him he can't get in that way and that it's elderly and vulnerable only, amyway, he then proceeds to shout abuse at her - "f*cking fat speccy c*nt", "I'll have you" were among the phrases the missus quoted. Apparently said he wouldn't be back...

Just grateful she stayed outside and not me, think there's a fair chance I'd be in jail right now if I'd witnessed it - got to stand up for fellow fat, speccy c*unts.

1 hour ago, truesaint said:

If it is of interest you can follow the track of 1998 OR2 which if it speeds up and changes course then it would be an extinction level event. Extremely unlikely but still a small percentage of a chance. Last updated on the 25/03 as it currently stands.

https://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/sbdb.cgi?sstr=52768&orb=1

In fact the more I think about it the more it makes sense, Prince Charles has the virus and now Boris. They both have to “self isolate’ so the general public should not worry if they don’t see them in the next few days, they are definitely not in a doomsday shelter where all the other elites will be gathering over the next week or so 😉

Just now, ALBIONSAINT said:

In fact the more I think about it the more it makes sense, Prince Charles has the virus and now Boris. They both have to “self isolate’ so the general public should not worry if they don’t see them in the next few days, they are definitely not in a doomsday shelter where all the other elites will be gathering over the next week or so 😉

I think this is the problem. :rolleyes: