Coronavirus

faraway saint

Just back from getting my messages. I stood in the queue and enviously watched the checkout operators. I wish I was able to cope with a job like that - playing robots all day. My mind's far too complex to cope with boredom. You all don't know how lucky you are that you're not cursed with a vast intellect like mine. 

Edited by GMan

7 minutes ago, GMan said:

Just back from getting my messages. I stood in the queue and enviously watched the checkout operators. I wish I was able to cope with a job like that - playing robots all day. My mind's far too complex to cope with boredom. You all don't know how lucky you are that you're not cursed with a vast intellect like mine. 

With such a vast Intellect, how come you needed to make an edit to your post ?

🙂

1 hour ago, Hiram Abiff said:

Dr Peter Goetzsche is Professor of Clinical Research Design and Analysis at the University of Copenhagen and founder of the Cochrane Medical Collaboration. He has written several books on corruption in the field of medicine and the power of big pharmaceutical companies.

What he says:

Our main problem is that no one will ever get in trouble for measures that are too draconian. They will only get in trouble if they do too little. So, our politicians and those working with public health do much more than they should do.

No such draconian measures were applied during the 2009 influenza pandemic, and they obviously cannot be applied every winter, which is all year round, as it is always winter somewhere. We cannot close down the whole world permanently.

Should it turn out that the epidemic wanes before long, there will be a queue of people wanting to take credit for this. And we can be damned sure draconian measures will be applied again next time. But remember the joke about tigers. “Why do you blow the horn?” “To keep the tigers away.” “But there are no tigers here.” “There you see!”

I've been indicating similar for a while.

I didn't Google it, I came to that conclusion all by myself. :rolleyes:

Guest TPAFKATS
So the consensus seems to be that governments have massively overreacted! 
The one thing you really couldn't say of UK is that the government's have over reacted.

13 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
1 hour ago, W6er said:
So the consensus seems to be that governments have massively overreacted! 

The one thing you really couldn't say of UK is that the government's have over reacted.

Well if it turns out to be less deadly than the flu, I think tanking the economy may be a little bit over dramatic.

Heard from a reliable source that the police were on Paisley high street today shouting at folk to hurry up and get their shopping done and go home. Ironically, many of these people were in their 70s.

As the fascist police state tightens its grip, the Bank of England begins printing money that will inevitably end up in the pockets of the rich.

And Israel uses the pandemic as cover to attack Palestinians (Luckily I’m not in the SNP otherwise I’d get expelled for saying this)

Operations getting cancelled, people losing their jobs, a global depression awaits

Welcome to the far right dystopian nightmare

3 minutes ago, Hiram Abiff said:

Heard from a reliable source that the police were on Paisley high street today shouting at folk to hurry up and get their shopping done and go home. Ironically, many of these people were in their 70s.

As the fascist police state tightens its grip, the Bank of England begins printing money that will inevitably end up in the pockets of the rich.

And Israel uses the pandemic as cover to attack Palestinians (Luckily I’m not in the SNP otherwise I’d get expelled for saying this)

Operations getting cancelled, people losing their jobs, a global depression awaits

Welcome to the far right dystopian nightmare

I agree with all of that, except for you describing the dystopian nightmare as being 'far-right'.  

Guest TPAFKATS
Well if it turns out to be less deadly than the flu, I think tanking the economy may be a little bit over dramatic.
If, and its a big if, it turns out to be less deadly it'll be down to the "lock down". That's the whole point of trying to stop it spreading.
Less than a week in and already zoomers are saying we've over reacted because deaths aren't as too high.

181 deaths today suggests it's ramping up !!!

If, and its a big if, it turns out to be less deadly it'll be down to the "lock down". That's the whole point of trying to stop it spreading.
Less than a week in and already zoomers are saying we've over reacted because deaths aren't as too high.

7 minutes ago, Yflab said:

We should go through all our players' social media accounts for anything borderline offensive, which should be easy enough to find, and then fine the culprits. Will save us a fortune at this austere time.