Coronavirus

faraway saint

If, and its a big if, it turns out to be less deadly it'll be down to the "lock down". That's the whole point of trying to stop it spreading.
Less than a week in and already zoomers are saying we've over reacted because deaths aren't as too high.

Should it turn out that the epidemic wanes before long, there will be a queue of people wanting to take credit for this. And we can be damned sure draconian measures will be applied again next time. But remember the joke about tigers. “Why do you blow the horn?” “To keep the tigers away.” “But there are no tigers here.” “There you see!”

2 hours ago, GMan said:

You don't think Isaac Newton ever made a typo?

Isaac Newton was notorious for not publishing at all without being pressured to do so by his peers.

He was a perfectionist.

So no. He generally wouldn't have made typos once he went public.

Happy to educate all smart arses on here or elsewhere.

Now why don't you log off permanently and go back to using your other account.

1 hour ago, Hiram Abiff said:

Can someone explain how that guy is passing on the virus?

The virus is most easily passed on by prolonged contact with people in confined spaces

Exactly what the government is forcing us to do

And now we have the fascist police state doing this

f**k me, you've finally said something of value.

This is an indefensible use of police resources and quite frankly they can f**k right off with this sort of thing. Providing those people are not mingling en route then the police have no business shaming like this as they are doing nothing wrong IMO.

1 hour ago, TPAFKATS said:

If, and its a big if, it turns out to be less deadly it'll be down to the "lock down". That's the whole point of trying to stop it spreading.
Less than a week in and already zoomers are saying we've over reacted because deaths aren't as too high.

181 deaths roday in the UK apparently.

That's above what even my calculation predicted for today.

Italy now on the rise again as is Spain.

This really hasn't been a good day.

11 minutes ago, Yflab said:

And that’s exactly why you are the man to lead the country in this time of fear.

You da man GMan.

I was wrong about you, Yflab. You're alright, pal. You're welcome in my bar when I open it back up, once this is all over - half price drinks, too. Just don't ask for tick. 

Guest TPAFKATS

That's the prime minister, health Secretary and chief medical officer all in isolation.

Does that constitute a herd? - asking on behalf of Nadine Dorries.

181 deaths roday in the UK apparently.
That's above what even my calculation predicted for today.
Italy now on the rise again as is Spain.
This really hasn't been a good day.

Our total number of people who have died and been tested positive for coronoavirus currently stands under 60% of where Italy were 2 weeks ago, as it has done for the past 3 days.

It’ll be over 200 by Monday and approaching 400 per day by next Friday at that rate

f**k me, you've finally said something of value.
This is an indefensible use of police resources and quite frankly they can f**k right off with this sort of thing. Providing those people are not mingling en route then the police have no business shaming like this as they are doing nothing wrong IMO.

Indeed. Guy gets in his car, drives to the middle of nowhere and goes for a walk.

And the Police use resources to do this.

Who knows where this fascist police state is taking us next

5 minutes ago, Hiram Abiff said:

Our total number of people who have died and been tested positive for coronoavirus currently stands under 60% of where Italy were 2 weeks ago, as it has done for the past 3 days.

It’ll be over 200 by Monday and approaching 400 per day by next Friday at that rate

I agree with your Monday prediction but I think we'll be at 600-700 by next Friday.

Like I have repeatedly said, I hope I'm wrong about that because that'll be us at the Italy level in under the fortnight which I said we were behind them.

Edited by oaksoft