Coronavirus

faraway saint

1 hour ago, Slartibartfast said:
9 hours ago, oaksoft said:
I won't lie, it was surprising and a bit disappointing to have to explain to you the benefit of just playing around with numbers and experimenting and creating things on your own regardless of whether they've been done before.

You're obviously free to do whatever you want, it doesn't change the fact that putting it on here was a waste of time and effort.

It seems to have sparked a great deal of interest, and got people debating things. That's healthy, in my humble opinion.

2 hours ago, Dickson said:

And anyone who knows me knows where I'm getting my information from too. Directly from the frontline. 

Unfortunately for you, most sane people would trust Trump before trusting a known liar like you so even if you are right you have no credibility. This is the crop you have sown. Time to reap it.

Just back from Morrisons, bizarre experience. 7.40, huge queue at least 100 folk spaced accordingly round the store into the carpark. Walking by the two security guards controlling it asked what time they opened to be told it was 7 but emergency services only until 8. Great, wife gets her warrant card out and in we get no queuing. Once in there are THREE other folk in the whole store while we get what in effect was a private shopping experience. With the numbers outside that is a total nonsense. Yes have emergency services preference time but if no one is using it ffs let the public in. As usual no toilet roll, tins, pasta, cleaning stuff or rice but ok otherwise. Clearly the supermarkets are having supply chain issues on those items as too few folk to clear them out. Wee shops have plenty thankfully. Oh and no gloves for staff, no trolley disinfecting and staff everywhere in the isles meaning 6ft space is impossible. Either do this thing properly or dont bother !

Show me where I said that ffs, you really are back to making up stuff willy nilly again. They have been moved from her normal unit to different duties connected with the ongoing situation. Anecdotally you have heard more crime in your area and likewise less in mine let's just leave it there. If someone said black you would say white, it's tedious.

Well if she thinks the staff at Bilston, Govan and Motherwell are sitting around doing f**k all I suggest she pay them a visit!
At the last count 15 family members in various jobs in Police Scotland! I'm not sure quite why you want to make out your wife is sitting with her feet up on the frontline of this to score a point on a football forum but I know you're wrong. 

Stanford Health Policy's Eran Bendavid and Jay Bhattacharya write in this Wall Street Journal editorial that current estimates about the COVID-19 fatality rate may be too high by orders of magnitude.

"If it’s true that the novel coronavirus would kill millions without shelter-in-place orders and quarantines, then the extraordinary measures being carried out in cities and states around the country are surely justified. But there’s little evidence to confirm that premise—and projections of the death toll could plausibly be orders of magnitude too high.

"Fear of Covid-19 is based on its high estimated case fatality rate — 2% to 4% of people with confirmed Covid-19 have died, according to the World Health Organization and others. So if 100 million Americans ultimately get the disease, 2 million to 4 million could die. We believe that estimate is deeply flawed. The true fatality rate is the portion of those infected who die, not the deaths from identified positive cases."

"The latter rate is misleading because of selection bias in testing. The degree of bias is uncertainbecause available data are limited. But it could make the difference between an epidemic that kills 20,000 and one that kills 2 million. If the number of actual infections is much larger than the number of cases—orders of magnitude larger—then the true fatality rate is much lower as well. That’s not only plausible but likely based on what we know so far."

The guy who wrote this must have read TPAFTWAT’s drivel

These are interest groups that are never satisfied with the government’s response to Covid-19 because they are interest groups completely unconcerned with Covid-19 itself and its impact on public health – and instead – concerned only with how they can generate and leverage public hysteria to advance their entirely unrelated and self-serving political agenda. Again, this is done with complete indifference to the damage being done to society by doing so.

Just back from Morrisons, bizarre experience. 7.40, huge queue at least 100 folk spaced accordingly round the store into the carpark. Walking by the two security guards controlling it asked what time they opened to be told it was 7 but emergency services only until 8. Great, wife gets her warrant card out and in we get no queuing. Once in there are THREE other folk in the whole store while we get what in effect was a private shopping experience. With the numbers outside that is a total nonsense. Yes have emergency services preference time but if no one is using it ffs let the public in. As usual no toilet roll, tins, pasta, cleaning stuff or rice but ok otherwise. Clearly the supermarkets are having supply chain issues on those items as too few folk to clear them out. Wee shops have plenty thankfully. Oh and no gloves for staff, no trolley disinfecting and staff everywhere in the isles meaning 6ft space is impossible. Either do this thing properly or dont bother !

Why did you feel the need to join your wife on this shopping trip?

And why did you use her card to jump the queue?

You were bumping your gums about other folk not doing essential work a couple of days ago and yet here you are going on a needless shopping trip, increasing the risk to shop workers and fellow shoppers and jumping queues.

Guest TPAFKATS

The need for trolls to reply to every genuine post made on this thread is desperate stuff.

Anything to try and get one up on someone on a football forum thread about a global pandemic.

Of course the responses are so petty it's like a primary 3 slagging match where they just come back with the same thing that was said to them.

Desperate for the death rate to be slightly lower than anticipated so they can claim victory.

Wanting to be right more important than the reality that people are experiencing or have friends working in.

Ignoring anything that doesn't suit their agenda of trolling on a football forum.

Getting a wee like from each other is all that counts.

Really sad attention seeking behaviour. Pitiful.

Just now, TPAFKATS said:

The need for trolls to reply to every genuine post made on this thread is desperate stuff.
Anything to try and get one up on someone on a football forum thread about a global pandemic.
Of course the responses are so petty it's like a primary 3 slagging match where they just come back with the same thing that was said to them.

Sad attention seeking behaviour.

Says the hard man calling people "cnuts" on a football forum. :lol:

Guest TPAFKATS
Says the hard man calling people "cnuts" on a football forum. [emoji38]
Thanks for proving my point so quickly.

BTW, you call me a twat, I call you a c**t but I'm the "hard man".

Grow up you insignificant c**t.

Desperate for the death rate to be slightly lower than anticipated so they can claim victory.
Wanting to be right more important than the reality that people are experiencing or have friends working in.
Ignoring anything that doesn't suit their agenda of trolling on a football forum.
Getting a wee like from each other is all that counts.

Really sad attention seeking behaviour. Pitiful.

Don’t be so harsh on yourself

26 minutes ago, Hiram Abiff said:

Why did you feel the need to join your wife on this shopping trip?

And why did you use her card to jump the queue?

You were bumping your gums about other folk not doing essential work a couple of days ago and yet here you are going on a needless shopping trip, increasing the risk to shop workers and fellow shoppers and jumping queues.

Perhaps because they were shopping for the family unit!

Erm I hate to point this out to you, but I would think most rational people would be desperate for the death toll to be lower than anticipated. 

I think you are kind of making Andy's point for him. 

As he’s apparently got me on ignore, I’m not sure how he manages to read my posts that no-one has quoted? [emoji848]

As for hoping for as low a death toll as possible, then yes, I’m guilty as charged.

It’s the folk that are hoping for a higher death toll and who are gleefully posting about the numbers of who have died that is worrying.

1 hour ago, Dickson said:

Its not in my area. Its across all the old divisions in Scotland. I'm happy to leave it there though. It was you who started this "my chipolata is bigger than you truncheon" nonsense not me! 

You can rest assured that he doesn't have at least 15 family members connected with police Scotland.

As others have mentioned he lives in an imaginary world, where he makes up friends and relatives.