Coronavirus

faraway saint

17 minutes ago, Hiram Abiff said:

As he’s apparently got me on ignore, I’m not sure how he manages to read my posts that no-one has quoted? emoji848.png

As for hoping for as low a death toll as possible, then yes, I’m guilty as charged.

It’s the folk that are hoping for a higher death toll and who are gleefully posting about the numbers of who have died that is worrying.

Indeed.

For every "yin" there's a "yang".

There are as many people who can't wait to post on here just how many people have died or are going to die, as there are understating its effects.

Far better to study the figures, remain calm and take the pish out of posters who seem to have become "experts" in the field of epidemiology in the past few weeks.:lol:

I'm done with this thread. Leave the 4 dumigos to it chaps. Q the bye-bye gifs, dont let the door hit you on the arse stuff etc etc. Knock your self out kids I won't be back in this thread to see it so fill yer boots, free cheap shot available. See you on the other side.

Before you go, are you not going to tell us why you put lives at risk on an unnecessary shopping trip and why you used your wife’s warrant card to jump a supermarket queue?

No lockdown in Sweden so far, although that may change soon due to pressure.

Bars and restaurants open and the Swedish government bringing in measures to protect the vulnerable whilst trusting the people to act responsibly.

Similar stats per capita as Denmark so far.

Their government will no doubt cave into the pressure to lockdown soon. Politicians will be scared of the backlash if they are proved wrong.

17 minutes ago, Hiram Abiff said:

Before you go, are you not going to tell us why you put lives at risk on an unnecessary shopping trip and why you used your wife’s warrant card to jump a supermarket queue?

I believe his wife was accompanying him and, by virtue of her warrant card proving she was a WPC, they were entitled to shop as it was open specifically for emergency services at the time.

6 minutes ago, W6er said:

I believe his wife was accompanying him and, by virtue of her warrant card proving she was a WPC, they were entitled to shop as it was open specifically for emergency services at the time.

I believe this time slot is for NHS workers? 

Morrisons have introduced an NHS hour

from 7am-8am Monday-Saturday

All colleagues with an NHS badge will be able to get into the store to stock up on the products they need.

Edited by faraway saint

11 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

All colleagues with an NHS badge will be able to get into the store to stock up on the products they need.

If that's the case surely Morrisons' staff would have said something like "That's a warrant card, not an NHS badge. That proves you work for the police service, not the NHS. Please join the queue with all the other people. Thank you."?

Just now, W6er said:

If that's the case surely Morrisons' staff would have said something like "That's a warrant card, not an NHS badge. That proves you work for the police service, not the NHS. Please join the queue with all the other people. Thank you."?

IF? 😂😂😂

Why are you putting the responsibility onto the staff? 🤔

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

IF? 😂😂😂

Why are you putting the responsibility onto the staff? 🤔

I have to go in a minute and literally haven't got time to read his post again, but he initially was going to join the queue, so presumably didn't know about the store's special opening hours. But apparently AyrshireSaint was then given the impression, perhaps mistakenly, that the store was opened exclusively for emergency service staff and his wife found her warrant card. If I was a member of staff and someone presented me with a warrant card in such circumstances, I would correct them and invite them to join the queue.

Another factor that people seem to be ignoring/forgetting is an individual's genetics. It's quite obvious that this is at play, given the variability in severity of symptoms even within specific age groups, never mind between different ethnic groups.

It may turn out that those of Mediterranean descent are more susceptible to the virus than, for example, those of us of Celtic descent. Should make for an interesting genome sequencing study in the future.

Also, I've read a couple of reports highlighting the fact that some younger unfortunate individuals have sadly died, despite having no "underlying health issues". Maybe it was down to a genetic fault that hasn't ever shown up before, like an over reaction by their immune system specifically to this virus, which seems to be a main factor with fatalities in this current pandemic.

Also, I'm sure that in normal circumstances, their are individuals who die from other strains of flu, who have "no underlying health issues". It would be interesting to see those statistics.

As I said earlier, I'm not into overstating or understating the effects of the virus, just speculating and making some observations related to Biology.

Why did he feel the need to join his wife on the shopping trip at all?

Why double up on the number of people in the supermarket?

4 minutes ago, W6er said:

I have to go in a minute and literally haven't got time to read his post again, but he initially was going to join the queue, so presumably didn't know about the store's special opening hours. But apparently AyrshireSaint was then given the impression, perhaps mistakenly, that the store was opened exclusively for emergency service staff and his wife found her warrant card. If I was a member of staff and someone presented me with a warrant card in such circumstances, I would correct them and invite them to join the queue.

I'm just going for a nap and can't be arsed checking but I also believe Morrisons are only asking for one person to a trolley. 

😴😴😴

IF? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Why are you putting the responsibility onto the staff? [emoji848]

Looking at Morrison’s own website it says that they have a shopping hour from 7am to 8am for people with an NHS card

Not only does it appear that Ayrshire Saint endangered lives by doubling up on an unnecessary shopping trip and jumped the queue, even more worryingly, it appears that his wife, a serving police officer, used her warrant card to jump the queue as well.

34 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

2 minutes ago, Hiram Abiff said:

Looking at Morrison’s own website it says that they have a shopping hour from 7am to 8am for people with an NHS card

Not only does it appear that Ayrshire Saint endangered lives by doubling up on an unnecessary shopping trip and jumped the queue, it appears that his wife, a serving police officer, used her warrant card to jump the queue as well.

Did you think I made it up ya walloper. 😂😂😂

An abuse of her position, disgraceful. 👎

Did you think I made it up ya walloper. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
An abuse of her position, disgraceful. [emoji107]

As I said earlier in this thread, the ones who are shouting loudest for everyone else to be locked appear to be be happy going around doing whatever they want [emoji35]

In the midst of this fascist police state it is indeed worrying that serving police officers and their partners are using their position to put lives at risk and jump supermarket queues.

Guest TPAFKATS
Ah, you are trying to reason with the unreasonable.

Guest TPAFKATS
Ah, you've engaged with the trolls. Prepare for a pile on from the 3 f**kwiteers as they dissect each and every word you've posted to try and score a like on a football forum.

50 minutes ago, Hiram Abiff said:

Why did he feel the need to join his wife on the shopping trip at all?

Why double up on the number of people in the supermarket?

For someone suggesting he's not keen on a fascist police state, you are being very fascist-policey...