Coronavirus

faraway saint

13 hours ago, Dickson said:

I see that Dr Catherine Calderwood appears to be coming round to my way of thinking. Apparently she has finally realised that Scotland is actually quite a long way from the main UK hotspot and she's considering "bespoke" restrictions for Scotland which would differ from those down South. 

Shame we've had to shut down the Scottish economy of a week already as a result of their blatant over reaction. 

Or you're coming around to hers. You're suggesting that these decisions are made by an SNP lead Scottish government rather than a dafty tory westminster government. 

Progress. 

1 hour ago, Dickson said:

On the subject of testing, my cousins wife works in one of those lab roles at Wishaw General - I'm tempted to say biochemist but I'd no doubt be corrected. Really early on in this she shared a post made by one of her colleagues on Facebook about testing. At that time the tests had to be sent to the lab. They were already working 12 hour shifts and physically couldn't do more. 

We'll no doubt learn more about the decision made at some point in the future but Witty, IIRC, only started talking about self test kits and antibody testing three weeks ago. Whoever manufactures these things would have to go some to make 66 million of them in that period of time - and thats just one per person in the UK never mind worldwide demand or the need for retests for those initially found not to have had the virus. 

You might be right about Westminster instructioning a UK wide lockdown but if thst is the case why are we now talking about a more bespoke model? 

Except the testing is currently  being done centrally in Glasgow and Edinburgh nice try.

Guest TPAFKATS
Or you're coming around to hers. You're suggesting that these decisions are made by an SNP lead Scottish government rather than a dafty tory westminster government. 
Progress. 
No, he's just seeking attention for himself as always.

I really wish self confessed fat bald pipe fitters who have no real idea of what is happening right now in Scottish hospitals would shut the f**k up with their look at me pish.

Guest TPAFKATS

A quick glance at news reports this morning shows that Hancock claimed yesterday we were now doing 10000 tests a day. Helen Whatley MP, a health minister says this morning that it's only 7000 not 10000 but Hancock meant capacity not numbers actually being done.

Whatley also claims we are at the top of the testing league table, which is an out right Trumpism.

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Nice to see them rich football players and clubs in England doing plenty of work for local communities.

Covering a wide range of people, schoolkids to the elderly.

Wonder if they've received my begging letter? 

Exactly how many did you send weeee man?

6 minutes ago, Dickson said:

So what? The report says the flights are going to London - one of the biggest virus hotspots. I really don't think they need to worry too much about people coming in with the virus. 

THAT is beyond even your normal level of stupidity, Lost Ud!

Reel it back a bit.  People think you are losing it...   :rolleyes:

As if I wasn’t devastated enough not to make GMan’s good guy/wank list, now I don’t even figure Oaky’s Chums,  Plums and Bums list.

I’m beginning to feel all insignificant and unloved/unhated on here.

As Oscar Wilde once said, there is only one thing worse than being talked about and that is not being talked about.

Far be it from me to speak for Hiram, but on the subject of “no evidence to suggest the lockdown is working” or “no evidence to suggest that the lockdown isn’t working”, isn’t he just saying that in the absence of any real evidence either way, shouldn’t we have just gone for the option that didn’t completely f**k up the entire country/world?

Just playing Devil’s Advocate here. 

1 minute ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

As if I wasn’t devastated enough not to make GMan’s good guy/wank list, now I don’t even figure Oaky’s Chums,  Plums and Bums list.

As Oscar Wilde once said, there is only one thing worse than being talked about and that is not being talked about.

Far be it from me to speak for Hiram, but on the subject of “no evidence to suggest the lockdown is working” or “no evidence to suggest that the lockdown isn’t working”, isn’t he just saying that in the absence of any real evidence either way, shouldn’t we have just gone for the option that didn’t completely f**k up the entire country/world?

Group 4 is looking for some new members in Oaky's club? :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

:heart