Coronavirus

faraway saint

1 minute ago, cockles1987 said:
7 minutes ago, faraway saint said:
Get real, that's exactly what I was laughing, FFS! :thumbsdown

Why didn't you quote Oaksoft where he wrote he hoped his figures would be wrong?

I dislike people, Oaky and LPM to name 2, who like to predict big numbers then throw themselves a lifeline like that.

It's a "look I was right" or "Ah but" situation.

Toddle on. :byebye

On 3/29/2020 at 10:34 AM, Dickson said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-8163587/PETER-HITCHENS-Great-Panic-foolish-freedom-broken-economy-crippled.html

The reason for linking the article is that Peter Hitchens does a better job of citing all of the scientific models that prove your data wrong. 

I don't claim to be clever or an expert. I just listen to all sides of an argument. 

Well balanced. A chip on both shoulders. 

32 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:
38 minutes ago, faraway saint said:
Todays number been amended to 180, under HALF what the resident graph king forecast. emoji38.png

I think you mistakenly put a laughing smiley in a post where 180 folk lost their life's.

This is a stinking post, I doubt there's ANYONE on the forum who would laugh at a death toll, you can shove this post right up your arse. 

23 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:
29 minutes ago, faraway saint said:
Get real, that's exactly what I was laughing, FFS! :thumbsdown

Why didn't you quote Oaksoft where he wrote he hoped his figures would be wrong?

Wait, just got it, Oaky put you in his group 1 and your jumping about trying to defend him? :lol:

Away and play with your wee testicles. :byebye

Here's a graph, it's a UK government one.

The important detail is in the bottom right corner where it talks about UK data may lag by up to several days. IMG_20200330_174734.jpeg.a7eff9346462b4a2eaab1dc44dc734c3.jpeg

A meaningless graph

The real issue is what is the excess number of deaths over and above what you would normally expect.

And in Europe, so far, the answer is none

I do realise however that you’ll struggle to understand this

Todays number been amended to 180, under HALF what the resident graph king forecast. 

We’re still sitting at 65% of where Italy were 2 weeks ago which entails almost 500 deaths by Friday and around 700 by next Friday at this rate.

But putting it into context. those numbers still only equate to a modestly worse than average flu season.

And as the European Health Monitor indicates, the number of people who have died in Europe so far is no greater than expected without coronavirus.

Just now, TPAFKATS said:
13 minutes ago, FTOF said:
https://www.ft.com/content/f3796baf-e4f0-4862-8887-d09c7f706553
Good FT article highlighting the unreliability and uncertainties relating to the figures being reported.
You'll need to cut and paste link into your browser.

Can't get past the pay wall bud.

Type "has coronavirus increased death rate in europe?" into google. First article that appears.

6 hours ago, Hiram Abiff said:

Nicola Sturgeon has now said that all breast cancer and bowl cancer screenings to stop for 3 months.

Absolutely disgusting this is happening.

People are going to die as a result of the coronavirus over reaction

Absolute lunacy in my opinion, two of the biggest killers being sidelined.

Guest TPAFKATS
Absolute lunacy in my opinion, two of the biggest killers being sidelined.
Breast screening involves many women showing up at mobile screening units. Can't really do social distancing at these clinics.

1 minute ago, TPAFKATS said:

Breast screening involves many women showing up at mobile screening units. Can't really do social distancing at these clinics.

My Wife told me.......I'm really miffed about the Bowel Cancer not being done, maybe someone could tell us how long the poop can sit before it would be useless to test ??

Guest TPAFKATS
My Wife told me.......I'm really miffed about the Bowel Cancer not being done, maybe someone could tell us how long the poop can sit before it would be useless to test ??
Not sure, but lab staff going into CV testing stuff. 12 weeks initially, anyone with symptoms should still contact gp though so assuming emergency testing will still be available.

Guest TPAFKATS
Good FT article highlighting the unreliability and uncertainties relating to the figures being reported.

Informative article, however its also selective with facts it chooses to give, i.e. Gives info from some countries, not all that it talks about then moves onto give different info from others. Also very selective re niall ferguson and UCL study.

29 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
2 hours ago, FTOF said:

Informative article, however its also selective with facts it chooses to give, i.e. Gives info from some countries, not all that it talks about then moves onto give different info from others. Also very selective re niall ferguson and UCL study.

Indeed it is.

Given the lack of reliable information on such a passionate subject matter, people with different agendas or who lack skills in analysis, are going to produce, whether it's consciously or unconsciously, skewed/biased rhetoric.

Edited by FTOF

As if by magic....

Sir Patrick Vallance told a news conference that social distancing measures are "making a difference".
Transmission of coronavirus in the community is thought to be decreasing, which could mean fewer infections.
Hospital admissions data suggests cases are not rising as fast as feared.

After only 1 week lockdown, eh?

What a surprise

I can see a knighthood in the near future.....