Coronavirus

faraway saint

Guest TPAFKATS
Indeed it is.
Given the lack of reliable information on such a passionate subject matter, people with different agendas or who lack skills in analysis, are going to produce, whether it's consciously or unconsciously, skewed/biased rhetoric.
Particularly interesting the detail on recording of CV deaths and deaths attributable to CV in detail for various countries but no mention of UK, or indeed if there is any difference across the 4 NHS in UK.

I'm sure I read recently that England was changing how they report which may tie into the new legislation that's come in.

8 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

Particularly interesting the detail on recording of CV deaths and deaths attributable to CV in detail for various countries but no mention of UK, or indeed if there is any difference across the 4 NHS in UK.

I'm sure I read recently that England was changing how they report which may tie into the new legislation that's come in.

I think I caught a piece on the news (not sure which one as it's on almost every channel right now) that, at the minute the numbers DON'T include deaths in the community.

Also, apologies being a tad unclear here, that this will be included in the near future.

Firstly I was surprised the current numbers ONLY include deaths in hospitals.

They then indicated that the people recording deaths in the community were, somehow, not as reliable? 

If/when this comes in then I'd imagine there would be a fairly noticeable increase in daily fatalities. 

25 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I think I caught a piece on the news (not sure which one as it's on almost every channel right now) that, at the minute the numbers DON'T include deaths in the community.

Also, apologies being a tad unclear here, that this will be included in the near future.

Firstly I was surprised the current numbers ONLY include deaths in hospitals.

They then indicated that the people recording deaths in the community were, somehow, not as reliable? 

If/when this comes in then I'd imagine there would be a fairly noticeable increase in daily fatalities. 

In France they weren't/aren't reporting many or most of the deaths that occurred/occur in care homes due to the virus. Although, testing is minimal at best, and the deaths can't be confirmed as being caused specifically by the virus.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-52094491

In Scotland, to date, the biggest problems in care homes, are staff absences due to self-isolation and getting hold of PPE.

Unfortunately in care homes, due the nature of many of the buildings, and the mental state of some of the residents, it's extremely difficult to isolate residents.

The latest influenza report of the German Robert Koch Institute of March 24 documents a „nationwide decrease in activity of acute respiratory diseases“: The number of influenza-like illnesses and the number of hospital stays caused by them is below the level of previous years and is currently continuing to decline.

In Switzerland, the excess mortality due to Covid19 is apparently still zero.

The latest report from the European monitor of excess mortality in Europe states that:

”Pooled estimates of all-cause mortality show, overall, normal expected levels”

Guest TPAFKATS
In France they weren't/aren't reporting many or most of the deaths that occurred/occur in care homes due to the virus. Although, testing is minimal at best, and the deaths can't be confirmed as being caused specifically by the virus.
In Scotland, to date, the biggest problems in care homes, are staff absences due to self-isolation and getting hold of PPE.
Unfortunately in care homes, due the nature of many of the buildings, and the mental state of some of the residents, it's extremely difficult to isolate residents.

Care homes are/were also part of the contingency if hospitals get over run. The SEC may have removed that.

11 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
1 hour ago, FTOF said:

Care homes are/were also part of the contingency if hospitals get over run. The SEC may have removed that.

Was that in the UK? 

18 hours ago, shull said:

He has quoted many experts. 

It's understandable that you're too thick to comprehend anything posted on this Forum. 

Get back to your Village. 

Just away and sanitise your manky taxi and your mouth whilst you're at it

Hopefully once this virus is addressed and cured we can get shot of your virus on here

Edited by DougJamie

2 hours ago, FTOF said:

Alex Thomson (in his ongoing cv19 reports from Scotland) was at Rashielee Care Home down in Erskine.

Heroines, all the workers there.  Despite my usual unemotional outlook, I was very moved by what I saw.   

The residents - often confused and puzzled - the staff finding it impossible in the light of humanity to maintain social distancing.

great reporting.

5 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Just away and sanitise your manky taxi and your mouth whilst you're at it

Hopefully once this virus is addressed and cured we can get shot of your virus on here

He quoted many experts. 

Why don't you comprehend that ? 

58 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
2 hours ago, FTOF said:

Seriously? They were going to utilise care homes as overflow for virus patients?

There's not a chance in hell that strategy would ever have worked.

12 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

The fact we have 25% off sick from the NHS says it all

Summer should be warm and dry this year, with a constant 70- 74 degrees

Are all these individuals actually ill due to the virus, or are some of these individuals self-isolating due to either suffering from unconfirmed virus symptoms or being in contact with a family member suffering from unconfirmed virus symptoms?

7 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Seriously? They were going to utilise care homes as overflow for virus patients?

There's not a chance in hell that strategy would ever have worked.

I seem to recall it was in Spain, and disused homes, that's why I asked was it in this country as I'd not heard anything along them lines.