Coronavirus

faraway saint

Dr. Richard Capek and other researchers have already shown that the number of test-positive individuals in relation to the number of tests performed remains constant in all countries studied so far, which speaks against an exponential spread („epidemic“) of the virus and merely indicates an exponential increase in the number of tests.

Depending on the country, the proportion of test-positive individuals is between 5 and 15%, which corresponds to the usual spread of corona viruses. Interestingly, these constant numerical values are not actively communicated (or even removed) by authorities and the media. Instead, exponential but irrelevant and misleading curves are shown without context.

Such behavior, of course, does not correspond to professional medical standards, as a look at the traditional influenza report of the German Robert Koch Institute makes clear (p. 130, see chart below). Here, in addition to the number of detections (right), the number of samples (left, grey bars) and the positive rate (left, blue curve) are shown.

This immediately shows that during a flu season the positive rate rises from 0 to 10% to up to 80% of the samples and drops back to the normal value after a few weeks. In comparison, Covid19 tests show a constant positive rate in the normal range (see below).

Guest TPAFKATS

Dr. Richard Capek and other researchers have already shown that the number of test-positive individuals in relation to the number of tests performed remains constant in all countries studied so far, which speaks against an exponential spread („epidemic“) of the virus and merely indicates an exponential increase in the number of tests.

Depending on the country, the proportion of test-positive individuals is between 5 and 15%, which corresponds to the usual spread of corona viruses. Interestingly, these constant numerical values are not actively communicated (or even removed) by authorities and the media. Instead, exponential but irrelevant and misleading curves are shown without context.

Such behavior, of course, does not correspond to professional medical standards, as a look at the traditional influenza report of the German Robert Koch Institute makes clear (p. 130, see chart below). Here, in addition to the number of detections (right), the number of samples (left, grey bars) and the positive rate (left, blue curve) are shown.

This immediately shows that during a flu season the positive rate rises from 0 to 10% to up to 80% of the samples and drops back to the normal value after a few weeks. In comparison, Covid19 tests show a constant positive rate in the normal range (see below).

No mention of the results of testing in Iceland?

8 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
46 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

No mention of the results of testing in Iceland?

https://www.covid.is/data

Is he still copying and pasting instead of using the quote function? [emoji38]

That's not what he does, it's worse. He quotes the post then adds his response to the quote itself. If you then quote his response there's nothing there.

Thinking about it, there are more than a few who fall into that category even if they don't misuse the quote function...

[emoji846]

I wish people wouldn't try to make this Coronavirus a political football. I had a message earlier from a pal, which implied the English President, Boris Johnston, was faking having the virus in order to garner  the sympathy of the general public. :thumbsdown

Guest TPAFKATS
I wish people wouldn't try to make this Coronavirus a political football. I had a message earlier from a pal, which implied the English President, Boris Johnston, was faking having the virus in order to garner  the sympathy of the general public. :thumbsdown

He's in for a shock of he's faking it and then gets it.

Do you think I'm wrong to point out where Michael Gove or other gov ministers are caught lying to cover up their incompetence and negligence?

Back on 9th March Nicola Sturgeon

said that advice to self-isolate for those from vulnerable groups with symptoms “might be extended to people who have much more mild symptoms” but that it would “not be appropriate” as things stand.

She added: “Over the next couple of weeks that may change and therefore mild symptoms may become more indicative of coronavirus.

“At some stage, advising people with milder symptoms to stay at home is one of the things that people should perhaps expect.

So she went from suggesting that we might end up asking people with milder symptoms to self isolate for a while to imposing a police state lockdown within the space of 2 weeks

Is she wrong now or was she incompetent on the 9th March?

12 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

He's in for a shock of he's faking it and then gets it.

Do you think I'm wrong to point out where Michael Gove or other gov ministers are caught lying to cover up their incompetence and negligence?

We need unity at this time. I think there should be a coalition government to handle this crisis with the leaders of all the parties living together in one house, with video cameras. It should be filmed live, like Big Brother. To entertain the public, they should all have to compete in nightly drinking games...with a phone poll deciding the penalties for the losers, e.g. a night of passion with Diane Abbott. 

4 hours ago, Hiram Abiff said:

They don’t tell us who specifically died of coronavirus.

How many of them would have died anyway?

As I asked initially, can you provide some evidence to back this up?

Coronavirus is believed to have spread to the UK in January.

Over 2 months later, coronavirus has caused no excess mortality in the UK.

In the winters of 14/15 and 99/00, the flu caused excess mortality of around 500 per day. That’s on top of the numbers who usually die of flu.

Other than advising people who are vulnerable to take extra precautions or isolate, as they are doing in Sweden, I see no reason to lockdown the rest of the population.

There is no evidence to support it.

Funny how your intials are H ...A . Should be A..H . Disrespecting human life was his speciality too... you seem fixated on dismissing a virus that is killing thousands.  

3 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:
3 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

No mention of the results of testing in  

• An extensive survey in Iceland found that 50% of all test-positive persons showed „no symptoms“ at all, while the other 50% mostly showed „very moderate cold-like symptoms“. According to the Icelandic data, the mortality rate of Covid19 is in the per mille range, i.e. in the flu range or below. Of the two test-positive deaths, one was „a tourist with unusual symptoms“. (More Icelandic data)

Funny how your intials are H ...A . Should be A..H . Disrespecting human life was his speciality too... you seem fixated on dismissing a virus that is killing thousands.  

Ironically, it’s you who is supporting the imposition of a fascist police state, disrespecting people’s basic freedoms.

And you’re doing this without any evidence that it will help.

33 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Hear hear! You can say what you like about Hitler, but at least he got the trains running on time. Hiram Abiff hasn't got any redeeming qualities...so he's actually worse than Hitler.

41 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

What's Alan Hansen got to do with anything? 

I know he was a bit of a dick but disrespecting human life, FFS. 

37 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

What's Alan Hansen got to do with anything? 

I know he was a bit of a dick but disrespecting human life, FFS. 

Comparing people to mass-murdering dictators because they don't agree with government policy, is uncalled for. Peter Hitchens wrote a very cogent article in which he said that the economy might take years, even decades, to recover. As a consequence, he suggested the shortfall in tax revenue may lead to a severely underfunded NHS which may lead to thousands of deaths. Hiram Abiff may yet turn out to be correct, and the government may have overreacted. I'm too modest to contradict government policy, but I can certainly see why people might be sceptical.

Edited by W6er
to -> too

4 hours ago, antrin said:

OK I'll try.  Briefly, I'm afraid...

This thread has already offered several links to many leading health experts, epidemiologists and other health professionals - worldwide - who believe the CV19 data is as useful as wet toilet paper, the lockdowns to be disproportionate and the doom-laden pronouncements are overkill...   :rolleyes:

And you’ll always get differing opinion in scenarios like this. The winning expert opinion near globally is to do what we are doing. 👍