Guest TPAFKATS
Just did a quick search 

On the topic called “Paisley St. James Station - can it be renamed?”

St. Ricky posted on 28 Feb:

“Paisley St Mirren has a ring to it”

Wilber then responded:

“So has my arse but I wouldn’t want a railway station named after it”

TPAFTWAT then replied

“I’m sure the old train line that that used to run past the Cadbury depot was known as the chocolate line...”

After I called out this distasteful post he deleted it

Not sure if he realises that that doesn’t delete my post which quoted it

I didn't delete the post, it's still there. Post #13 in the thread dated 29/02. Are you really, really stupid or are you lying to try and score points against me?

Have we now moved to "distasteful" as opposed to "misogynistic" or "homophobic" ?

How f**king cringy for you. Faux outrage and lies from a guy who is happy to see folk die so that he can go out.

4 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

On the Conspiracy Theory front,  I was just watching BBC Breakfast with Tesco saying it would be helpful to get a list of people with debilitating conditions so that they could be prioritised for home delivery - doubly dubious as they also sell Insurance.

For me one of the worse aspects of the current situation is the obvious spread of paranoia - you just don't know which to put on first your tinfoil hat or your face mask

Reveal hidden contents

. Actually that's obvious it's face mask first to stop the elastic in the mask from stretching. 😷

4 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

The boss of Iceland was on ITN last night saying they've the government fir a list of those who need help with shopping so they can prioritise them.

Still waiting.

Waitrose sent me an email asking if I WANTED priority Home Delivery, as they'd noticed my age (from my My Waitrose card application) !

Huh! They'd already annoyed me by not asking me to get out of the Elderly queue the other morning!  :angry:

(I understand that they've been proactive - as it may tempt people like me to actually use that service ACV19.)

7 minutes ago, Dickson said:

Two of the regions hadn't had a single reported case for 7 days of the lock down, and the likelihood is that the cases that are on those islands have been taken there by someone that has caught it on the mainland. 

I know what you are saying refers to the situation as is now - however I still think it's highly unlikely that the virus would have spread given the sparsity of the population over such a large land mass. You'd still have to be incredibly unlucky to catch Covid 19 anywhere in Lewis or on Orkney

Neither Stornoway nor Kirkwall - nor Lerwick - should be considered as idyllic, healthy, rural villages.  Busy, bustling towns, big shops, pubs, cinemas...

Though I do 'subscribe' to the point you are making...

ps Orkney has the highest proportion of population in the world - suffering with MS.  :(

11 minutes ago, Dickson said:

Two of the regions hadn't had a single reported case for 7 days of the lock down, and the likelihood is that the cases that are on those islands have been taken there by someone that has caught it on the mainland. 

I know what you are saying refers to the situation as is now - however I still think it's highly unlikely that the virus would have spread given the sparsity of the population over such a large land mass. You'd still have to be incredibly unlucky to catch Covid 19 anywhere in Lewis or on Orkney. 

You can't block the ports though Stuart, most of the islands aren't food producing for a start, mainland suppliers and keyworkers need access to the island network and there is always a chance that one person brings the virus on to the island. On the island that I know best there are no hospital beds as such, they have made a make-shift ward in a church hall. The Air Ambulance Service doesn't have any proper means to transport a Covid-19 patient, indeed Loganair converted a plane to be capable of carrying one passenger this week just to try and support the island communities.

10 minutes ago, Hiram Abiff said:

No risk of catching coronavirus on the Tube according to Sadiq Khan on 3rd March....

https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/03/coronavirus-london-tube-sadiq-khan-12339239/amp/

Not Sadiq's thoughts - merely transmission from the Authoritative Sources - at the time - when asked, why he thought that.

"The Mayor of London answered: ‘Because I rely upon the advice I receive from Public Health England the chief medical officer and the advice is you’re not going to catch it if you’re washing your hands regularly.

‘On the Tube, on a daily basis, there are five million journeys and on our buses, six million. Many of the concert venues in London have crowds of between 5,000 and 20,000.

‘The advice we have so far is it’s possible to contain it and delay it spreading by taking sensible precautions, washing your hands many times a day.’

He had greater faith in our fellow Londoners, (and the Chief Medial Officer) than I have.  :)

ps, Hiram - I had no problem with 'the chocolate line' at the time - nor do I have now.  Is it your over-fertile mind working gratuitous overtime?

Edited by antrin

Guest TPAFKATS
Not Sadiq's thoughts - merely transmission from the Authoritative Sources - at the time - when asked, why he thought that.

"The Mayor of London answered: ‘Because I rely upon the advice I receive from Public Health England the chief medical officer and the advice is you’re not going to catch it if you’re washing your hands regularly.

‘On the Tube, on a daily basis, there are five million journeys and on our buses, six million. Many of the concert venues in London have crowds of between 5,000 and 20,000.

‘The advice we have so far is it’s possible to contain it and delay it spreading by taking sensible precautions, washing your hands many times a day.’

He had greater faith in our fellow Londoners, (and the Chief Medial Officer) than I have.  [emoji4]

ps, Hiram - I had no problem with 'the chocolate line' at the time - nor do I have now.  Is it your over-fertile mind working gratuitous overtime?

No Andy is lying.

1 minute ago, Dickson said:

I appreciate that food and essential goods and medical supplies needs to be transported but they could have limited the number of people boarding ferries. You can't eliminate the risk - you certainly can't do that by hiding in your house - I just think that a complete lock down across the whole of the nation was ridiculous, disproportionate and that in the longer term we'll see that it's had little effect. 

In fairness to Calmac they are operating a strictly lifeline service only to the isles and without a good reason you can't travel, there are no catering outlets open etc, that is limiting the risk. There are somethings that do appear to be overbearing but my honest experience through speaking with friends and family on the island is that they are happy, as far as possible, to sit it out.

21 minutes ago, antrin said:

He had greater faith in our fellow Londoners, (and the Chief Medial Officer) than I have.  :)

I, too, have no idea why he considers it inappropriate. The line was known as the chocolate line for obvious reasons.

I didn't delete the post, it's still there. Post #13 in the thread dated 29/02. Are you really, really stupid or are you lying to try and score points against me?  
Have we now moved to "distasteful" as opposed to "misogynistic" or "homophobic" ?

How f**king cringy for you. Faux outrage and lies from a guy who is happy to see folk die so that he can go out.

^^^^ raging

7 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

So does Michael Gove until he lies, sorry I mean speaks.

Fcuk it, same thing.

She's stressing it's not as simple as some imagine to get the testing kits. Also indicating it's not the be all and end all. 

Funny the Scottish government aren't getting the same grief the UK government are in this issue.

🤔🤔🤔

16 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

She's stressing it's not as simple as some imagine to get the testing kits. Also indicating it's not the be all and end all. 

Funny the Scottish government aren't getting the same grief the UK government are in this issue.

🤔🤔🤔

Probably because she doesn't come across as a bumbling halfwit.

A lot of the public's perception on how well matters are progressing are based on the manner in which news is delivered.

Edited by FTOF

On 3/28/2020 at 3:38 PM, oaksoft said:

Right, my predictions for daily deaths based on the current trend are as follows for the next week or so are:

29th Mar - 279  Fact 209

30th Mar - 362 Fact 180

31st Mar - 469 Fact 381

1st Apr - 608 Fact 563

2nd Apr - 789 Fact 569

"Predictions" falling apart by the day.

2,507 predicted, 1.902, 24% OUT. 

All in all, a pointless exercise. 

22 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Probably because she doesn't come across as a bumbling halfwit.

A lot of the public's perception on how well matters are progressing are based on the manner in which news is delivered.

Possibly.

It might be time for her, and the UK government to reiterate the message as there's noticeable increase in people and traffic.

Noticed last night Italy have just reduced their lock down to allow parents out with children.

Our version, whither we like it or not, is much less stringent.  

"Predictions" falling apart by the day.
2,507 predicted, 1.902, 24% OUT. 
All in all, a pointless exercise. 

The number of deaths being released at the moment is higher than when the shit really started to hit the fan in Italy with TV pictures of hospitals in chaos

I’ve yet to see this chaos reported in the UK

Similar to New York which is now the epicentre of the crisis yet hospitals have never been quieter

Co-oP Supermarket have arrived just in time to save lives and protect the NHS. 

The Branch in Cardonald have limited customers to... 

ONE VISIT TO THEIR SHOP PER DAY. 

Ha ha ha ha halfwits. 

Possibly.

It might be time for her, and the UK government to reiterate the message as there's noticeable increase in people and traffic.

Noticed last night Italy have just reduced their lock down to allow parents out with children.

Our version, whither we like it or not, is much less stringent.  

Oaky was forecasting 600-700 by tomorrow, I was forecasting in excess of 500.

His forecast may well be bang on.

As you mentioned though, it’s meaningless.

60,000 people with the common cold die each year, which of course is meaningless.

Strangely, TPAFTWAT appeared to think that people dying with the cold wasn’t meaningless?

Shows lack of intelligence.

The real figures to watch are excess mortality

It’s very early days but excess mortality in England & Wales this year is currently negative.

In other words, less people have died than usually do.

Need to see how this rises.

10 minutes ago, Hiram Abiff said:

The number of deaths being released at the moment is higher than when the shit really started to hit the fan in Italy with TV pictures of hospitals in chaos

I’ve yet to see this chaos reported in the UK

Similar to New York which is now the epicentre of the crisis yet hospitals have never been quieter

This New York you speak of, is this on another planet? 

In one 24-hour period last week, 2000 people were hospitalised in the city. Most of the positive covid-19 test results have been clustered in the boroughs of Queens and Brooklyn.

At a press conference on 25 March, New York City mayor Bill de Blasio said these are “numbers I can barely even comprehend… number that would have been unimaginable just a couple of weeks ago”.

In Queens, hospitals and emergency rooms have been flooded with critically ill covid-19 patients struggling to breathe. “It’s inconceivable. Everything we know about medicine is out the window,” says Lisa Epstein, a nurse at New York-Presbyterian Queens, who is working in the hospital’s emergency room.

Waiting areas have been repurposed to treat people with covid-19. Beds, chairs, wheelchairs and stretchers fill every available space. “It’s like a war zone, only there’s no blood,” says Epstein, who has been a nurse for 40 years.

Read more: https://www.newscientist.com/article/2239247-new-york-citys-coronavirus-outbreak-is-already-overwhelming-hospitals/#ixzz6IT58955b

Read more: https://www.newscientist.com/article/2239247-new-york-citys-coronavirus-outbreak-is-already-overwhelming-hospitals/#ixzz6IT4KhA6W

Edited by faraway saint

5 minutes ago, shull said:

Co-oP Supermarket have arrived just in time to save lives and protect the NHS. 

The Branch in Cardonald have limited customers to... 

ONE VISIT TO THEIR SHOP PER DAY. 

Ha ha ha ha halfwits. 

I'd see that as a challenge! I'd go back wearing a disguise.