Coronavirus

faraway saint

Almost 1,200 people in the UK died with the common cold in March

(Note for TPAFTWAT.....they died WITH it, not OF it.... I know his brain struggles with the concept - thick as fuck)

With Neil Ferguson admitting that up to two thirds or coronavirus deaths would have died anyway and the Italian Health Institute disclosing that 88% of their deaths would have happened anyway, when will the government and media start accurately reporting coronavirus deaths?

Do you think that by posting every other second on this that anyone is going to give your opinion a second thought ?
We know what you think I would imagine the vast majority of folks on the forum think your way off the mark but maybe just maybe you will be right.
Can you not wait till this is over and do the analysis like anyone of any intelligence would ?
You seem to be searching all over the web etc for anyone who takes a stance against the norm of expert opinion and using it to justify your cause.
This now seems to have developed into your life's work ?
Time to give the forum a rest

Why not just put me on ignore?

8 minutes ago, Hiram Abiff said:

Almost 1,200 people in the UK died with the common cold in March

(Note for TPAFTWAT.....they died WITH it, not OF it.... I know his brain struggles with the concept - thick as f**k)

With Neil Ferguson admitting that up to two thirds or coronavirus deaths would have died anyway and the Italian Health Institute disclosing that 88% of their deaths would have happened anyway, when will the government and media start accurately reporting coronavirus deaths?

Best estimates coming out now according to BBC last night is up to 2/3 of deaths with the coronavirus present, were related to people that would have likely died anyway. That means over 1/3 are people that would NOT of died. 

Your indifference to human life is shameful. For someone that bangs on about the right wing, yours are definitely some of the most right wing views ever shared on here. 

Also worth noting, it was mentioned the coronavirus likely accelerated many of the deaths of people that would probably have died anyway. Guess that doesn't matter either. Hiram says, open the country back up. Economy > human life! 

Edited by bazil85

12 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Best estimates coming out now according to BBC last night is up to 2/3 of deaths with the coronavirus present, were related to people that would have likely died anyway. That means over 1/3 are people that would NOT of died. 

Your indifference to human life is shameful. For someone that bangs on about the right wing, yours are definitely some of the most right wing views ever shared on here. 

Also worth noting, it was mentioned the coronavirus likely accelerated many of the deaths of people that would probably have died anyway. Guess that doesn't matter either. Hiram says, open the country back up. Economy > human life! 

There was evidence a few days ago the research in Italy placed the number of people who died of the virus was 12%.

Just saying. 

Just now, faraway saint said:

So, how low would you see as justified to wreck businesses, severely damage the countries financial position and see people lose their jobs? 

Much, much, much lower than 12% of the death rate of people contracting a highly contagious virus. 

Just now, faraway saint said:

Nice piece of deflection. 😅😅😅

It wasn't at all, I don't think you can put a certain percentage on these uncertain times but it wouldn't be anything near the statistics going around right now.

Very disappointing to see how little you value human life though. The right wing gang. 

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

It wasn't at all, I don't think you can put a certain percentage on these uncertain times but it wouldn't be anything near the statistics going around right now.

Very disappointing to see how little you value human life though. The right wing gang. 

Don't twist my words ya fcukwit.

Away and play on the motorway, I'm done with you, ya simpleton. 👋👋👋

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Don't twist my words ya fcukwit.

Away and play on the motorway, I'm done with you, ya simpleton. 👋👋👋

Your whole point is basically "at what point do I value the economy over people avoidably dying?" You have a starting point of a double figure percentage ffs. 

There is no twisting needed. Poor show. 

This was on the BBC website the other day, no matter how you cut it, it’s bad news all round 

What about the impact of the lockdown?

The lockdown, itself, however could cost lives.

Prof Robert Dinwall, from Nottingham Trent University, says "the collateral damage to society and the economy" could include:

• mental health problems and suicides linked to self-isolation
  • heart problems from lack of activity
  • the impact on health from increased unemployment and reduced living standards

Others have also pointed to the health cost from steps such as delaying routine operations and cancer screening.

Meanwhile, University of Bristol researchers say the benefit of a long-term lockdown in reducing premature deaths could be outweighed by the lost life expectancy from a prolonged economic dip.

And the tipping point, they say, is a 6.4% decline in the size of the economy - on a par with what happened following the 2008 financial crash. 

It would see a loss of three months of life on average across the population because of factors from declining living standards to poorer health care.

The two thirds quote is from Neil Ferguson, so you’ll need to take up the indifference to human life with him

His figure is a made up guess

The Italian Health Institute confirmed that it was 88% in Italy according to their analysis

And all of this is no difference from the involvement of flu in deaths.

What is actually shameful is folk line you wishing a higher death total in order to score points on a football forum

1 minute ago, Hiram Abiff said:

The two thirds quote is from Neil Ferguson, do you’ll need to take up the indifference to human life with him

His figure is a made up guess

The Italian Health Institute confirmed that it was 88% in Italy according to their analysis

What is actually shameful is folk line you wishing a higher death total in order to score points on a football forum

As I pointed out, 12% would still be far too high for me. Clearly not for you & your indifference to human life. 

there is no point scoring, there is no wishing for higher death totals. It’s just you showing clear right wing views & getting called out on it by people more worried that people globally are dying right now from this virus. People that aren’t prioritising economic performance over the suffering of human beings. 

Your whole point is basically "at what point do I value the economy over people avoidably dying?" You have a starting point of a double figure percentage ffs. 

There is no twisting needed. Poor show. 

It’s a double percentage point for flu.

Don’t you value the lives of people who die from flu?

There were 44,000 extra deaths caused by the flu in 14/15. The fact that you disregard these deaths is shocking.

A dreadful disregard fir human life.

But you wouldn’t shut down the economy for flu?

Have you factored in the increased death toll caused by the lockdown?
Your indifference to human life is shocking

Spin away. As I’ve already pointed out to you, currently the death rate related to flu is much lower & it’s unfortunately accepted the flu virus has beaten us. It isn’t going anywhere. 

It’s the right thing to do to try & protect as many people as we can from Coronavirus. Right now the efforts aren’t aimed at eliminating, its at flattening the curve. Your view would cripple health services globally & massively increase infected/ avoidable death rates. But hey at least the economy would be back at a higher level (for a while) 

It’s a double percentage point for flu.

Don’t you value the lives of people who die from flu?

There were 44,000 extra deaths caused by the flu in 14/15. The fact that you disregard these deaths is shocking.

A dreadful disregard fir human life.

If you don't know the reasons behind the difference in approach between the flu and coronavirus yet, educate yourself. Plenty of stuff online to read. 

You've already been called out on this spin attempt by other contributors. It is not effective in debate. 

Spin away. As I’ve already pointed out to you, currently the death rate related to flu is much lower & it’s unfortunately accepted the flu virus has beaten us. It isn’t going anywhere. 

Spin away.

No it’s not been accepted that the death rate for flu is much lower.

44,000 people died of the flu in 2015 who wouldn’t have died had we locked down the economy.

Your disregard for these deaths is shocking.

Just now, Hiram Abiff said:

But 12% is okay if it’s flu?

Clearly yes and your shocking indifference to human life.

The death rate for the flu is something very low like 0.005%, educate yourself. Better yet, leave the decision making to the global health professionals and experts who are on my side on this. Nae luck.