Coronavirus

faraway saint

7 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Still trying to defend it.
Pathetic

Defend what?

Your lies about countries paying more than 80% to people out of work?

The UK being the only country that allows flights into the country?

I could go on but you're a boring twat, let's leave it at that, I'm fed up putting you in your place. :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

The English Premier League donating £125m to the lower leagues.
Bad EPL. [emoji38]
Yet our Chairman who thought reconstruction baulked at the thought once the financial implications hit home.

FFS... If we want to save football as a competitive sport... We need to be prepared to take a hit.

Guest TPAFKATS
Defend what?
Your lies about countries paying more than 80% to people out of work?
The UK being the only country that allows flights into the country?
I could go on but you're a boring twat, let's leave it at that, I'm fed up putting you in your place. [emoji38]
Desperate stuff.
Making up lies like his trolling pal Andy.
Prove it. [emoji38]
I never said UK was only country allowing flights in so unless you can find a post where I did you are making stuff up. Maybe get Andy to check through the thread for you, he's good at making stuff up about my posts.

There are countries paying 80% unemployment benefit. Maybe if you could take 5 minutes away from this forum and do some research you'd find them.

Here's a wee hint for you - it's not the "big" countries.

Just now, TPAFKATS said:

I never said UK was only country allowing flights in so unless you can find a post where I did you are making stuff up. Maybe get Andy to check through the thread for you, he's good at making stuff up about my posts.

There are countries paying 80% unemployment benefit. Maybe if you could take 5 minutes away from this forum and do some research you'd find them.

Here's a wee hint for you - it's not the "big" countries.

You ONLY mention the UK in your never ending tedious attempts to paint the government/nation in a bad light. 

You made the statement, you prove it Google.

Run along, I'm bored with you. :byebye

47 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Coronavirus: Fears for lockdown over weekend of sunshine

except for viewers in Scotland  

Just did another 4 hours in the allotments in the bloody sunshine.

Phew - wot a scorcher!  Supposed to be 20 C tomorrow and even higher on Wednesday.

Had no rain since the 'lockdown' started so it meant I couldn't stop doing allotments/garden work... making hay (well.. spuds, carrots, ingans, greens, fruit etc) while the sun shines.  But it has been bloody freezing these days, too.  Just makes ye dig faster.

I am quite knackered.  But I've got ALL my spuds in.  :)

Despite the disastrous number of deaths today at over 700, it's beginning to look like the lockdown is finally having an impact on daily deaths.

Whilst the overall trend from 15th February is still exponential, the recent trend of the last week in isolation has now moved to linear.

If that continues, that will have  a dramatic effect on the keeping a lid on the daily death numbers.

It might slow it down enough for us to avoid overwhelming the NHS and tipping us into the thousands of deaths per day.

A small chink of light appearing maybe. Next week is crucial.

Rather than posting two graphs for the possibilities - exponential and linear - I'll wait until next weekend to see which trend becomes more prevalent.

Edited by oaksoft

5 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Despite the disastrous number of deaths today at over 700, it's beginning to look like the lockdown is finally having an impact on daily deaths.

Whilst the overall trend from 15th February is still exponential, the recent trend of the last week in isolation has now moved to linear.

If that continues, that will have  a dramatic effect on the keeping a lid on the daily death numbers.

It might slow it down enough for us to avoid overwhelming the NHS and tipping us into the thousands of deaths per day.

A small chink of light appearing maybe. Next week is crucial.

Rather than posting two graphs for the possibilities - exponential and linear - I'll wait until next weekend to see which trend becomes more prevalent.

You sound surprised? 

It was pretty obvious your numbers were NEVER going to stack up.

As for your next graphs, I wouldn't bother, I'll get one of my granddaughters to do one. 

5 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

It doesn’t take long for society to return to the Middle Ages does it?  ‘It be the devil’s work I tell ye’ 

865B2A39-2D50-47C2-A3AF-FD03BF23FC7D.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Jaw dropping news 

almost equally as bad is the decline in the language on the BBC, Lord Raith of Rovers must be spinning in his night.

:whistle

Report from the WHO states that:

COVID-19 is transmitted via droplets and fomites during close unprotected contact between an infector and infectee. Airborne spread has not been reported for COVID-19 and it is not believed to be a major driver of transmission based on available evidence;

In other words, you will not catch nor transmit Covid 19 by going outside or by going within 2 metres of people.

Both of these measures as part of the lockdown achieve absolutely nothing.