Coronavirus

faraway saint

Despite the WHO and Imperial College both confirming that there is no evidence for airborne transmission of Covid 19, Matt Hancock threatens to impose a stricter fascist police state and ban people from exercising outside.

It’s fine for the well off to enjoy the sunshine in their gardens but the poor have to remain under house arrest in their flats.

Guest TPAFKATS
Combined with existing chronic mental health issues, stress could potentially have the same end result in someone with underlying health issues, who has severe infection of the virus.
Any effects of the lockdown combined with any treatment restrictions, on mental health conditions, in their many manifestations, could be hugely significant in the short term and long term.
I don't think we can underestimate the effects of stress on all individuals in the current situation.

I'm not trying to underestimate it. The biggest risk is the pandemic, managing that may increase other risks for some but these are less than the pandemic.
Risk management.

2 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

I try to avoid reading the sun.
Looks like CMO has royally f**ked up.
She has issued a statement apologising.

As a wee aside, was she caught by a local at her holiday home or did the sun sent a reporter and photographer on the same unnecessary journey as she did?

More likely a local since it wasn't the 1st time she had did it. 

It not as if she is an unknown being on the telly everyday. 

Guest TPAFKATS
Calderwood had now admitted she also visited her 2nd home last weekend as well. 
Nice example she had shown to her kids.
I reckon when the virus scare is over, her job will be as well. 
Kinda catch 22 now.
Sack her and lose the expertise she brings to this, or keep her and Public lose trust in what she says.

Not sure if FM can actually sack her anyway?

1 hour ago, TPAFKATS said:

Kinda catch 22 now.
Sack her and lose the expertise she brings to this, or keep her and Public lose trust in what she says.

Not sure if FM can actually sack her anyway?

I'd sack her as she is not irreplaceable, nobody is.

He expertise can still be sought but just not as CMO

She has lost complete confidence with the general public.

Utterly staggering what she has done

Guest TPAFKATS
I'd sack her as she is not irreplaceable, nobody is.
He expertise can still be sought but just not as CMO
She has lost complete confidence with the general public.
Utterly staggering what she has done
She's now being removed from the daily briefing which is good in my opinion.

As I said I'm not sure FM can sack her as she's an emoyee of NHS Scotland?
She'll probably quietly resign after this is over.

Main take homes

The virus is already on the decline before the impact of social distancing

Social distancing will prolong the virus and make the situation worse

People should be going outside. Forcing people to stay inside will prolong the virus and make the situation worse

The lockdown will cause more people to die from the virus

The lockdown will cause a second wave

Testing is a waste of time

What is the problem with visiting second homes ? 

Absolutely nothing

The lockdown is completely unnecessary and will cause 000s of deaths

Unfortunately, for holding this view you get abused.

Indeed, you even get folk like cockles and TPFTWAT wishing for your family to get the virus for holding these views. Shameful sociopaths.

Thankfully there are cracks appearing in their fascist Tory regime. The panic will be well on the wane by the end of April....

Until the second wave starts in autumn, caused by the lockdown

6 hours ago, Hiram Abiff said:

Despite the WHO and Imperial College both confirming that there is no evidence for airborne transmission of Covid 19, Matt Hancock threatens to impose a stricter fascist police state and ban people from exercising outside.

It’s fine for the well off to enjoy the sunshine in their gardens but the poor have to remain under house arrest in their flats.

Its a new virus, there is not enough evidence yet to say one way or the other whether there is airborne transmission of COVID-19, thats why any responsible individual will apply restrictions. 

Why don't you go to one of the hospitals in Scotland with COVID-19 patients and ask them to cough near you ? 

Also forget the well off/poor comparison to get approval for your junk, your ideas would take many lives of the poor

Edited by lenziebud

How do the virus particles breathed or coughed out get from A to B? Surely they must fly through the air.

I seen this quoted previously from the WHO.

"People can also catch COVID-19 if they breathe in droplets from a person with COVID-19 who coughs out or exhales droplets. This is why it is important to stay more than 1 meter (3 feet) away from a person who is sick."

Yet I seen someone saying that the WHO doesn't say exactly what they did say.

It's not nice seeing folk making false statements.

Its a new virus, there is not enough evidence yet to say one way or the other whether there is airborne transmission of COVID-19, thats why any responsible individual will apply restrictions. 

Why don't you go to one of the hospitals in Scotland with COVID-19 patients and ask them to cough near you ? 

Also forget the well off/poor comparison to get approval for your junk, your ideas would take many lives of the poor

You’ll need to take this up with the WHO and Imperial College. I’m only quoting what they are saying.

As for it being a new virus, Covid 19 is a coronavirus. There are loads of them. I’m guessing here, but I think the WHO and Imperial College have looked into how conronavurus’ are spread,

And I’m not sure what the similarities between going into a hospital and getting someone to cough on me and walking past someone in open air who doesn’t cough on me are?

I seen this quoted previously from the WHO.

"People can also catch COVID-19 if they breathe in droplets from a person with COVID-19 who coughs out or exhales droplets. This is why it is important to stay more than 1 meter (3 feet) away from a person who is sick."

Yet I seen someone saying that the WHO doesn't say exactly what they did say.

It's not nice seeing folk making false statements.

You are saying that the WHO are contradicting themselves and making false statements?

How do the virus particles breathed or coughed out get from A to B? Surely they mkust fly through the air.

They do. And they land on surfaces. And then people touch them and touch their faces.

The WHO believe that 85% of infections in China happened inside the home.

So what’s our response? Force everyone to spend longer in the home.

12 hours ago, Tommy said:

The Scottish Sun had reported that Catherine Calderwood had defied the government advice and travelled to her 2nd home 40 miles away and stayed overnight with her family.

Aye, do what I tell you and not what I do is her message. 

My wife and other within the MESH campaign have had lots of meetings with her and it is fair to say they don't like each others.

Lying 2 face bitch is the most common thing said about her by the MESH women. 

I see she has now resigned, I wonder if Prince Charles will now stand down after he travelling to his 2nd home in Scotland?

9 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

I see she has now resigned, I wonder if Prince Charles will now stand down after he travelling to his 2nd home in Scotland?

6 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

Good call.

I don't agree. it's important that we don't over react. IMO she was stupid to think no one would notice but it shouldn't mean she has to give up her job. I really think we're in danger of taking this too far. What next? Jail? Is anyone else  who flaunts this "instruction" losing their jobs? Too many "holier than thou" critics as far as I'm concerned.

ETA

I may have misunderstood. You may have been talking about Charlie boy. If so. I apologise.

Edited by stlucifer

2 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I don't agree. it's important that we don't over react. IMO she was stupid to think no one would notice but it shouldn't mean she has to give up her job. I really think we're in danger of taking this too far. What next? Jail? Is anyone else  who flaunts this "instruction" losing their jobs? Too many "holier than thou" critics as far as I'm concerned.

I have to agree, she obviously has skills and experience we really need right now, however it looks like she took the decision herself to resign. The FM didn’t appear to want her to leave. 
I have just watched the news and the strap line appears to be’ no one is above the rules’ let’s test that out then and ask Prince Charles to make a public apology at the least.