Coronavirus

faraway saint

Guest TPAFKATS
Interesting article from FT describing how Lombardy's next door state, Veneto,  has kept its numbers much, much lower than Lombardy has been able to do. (for a couple of simple reasons).

https://www.ft.com/content/9c75d47f-49ee-4613-add1-a692b97d95d3?shareType=nongift
Thank antrin, interesting article.
Makes you wonder how 2 neighbouring regions in the same country can have such diverging approaches to a pandemic.

How does the veneto approach compare to UK where we also have the low hospitalisation rate but deaths that are likely to exceed italy? Is it due to low testing rates, same as lombardy?

13 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Makes you wonder how 2 neighbouring regions in the same country can have such diverging approaches to a pandemic.

How does the veneto approach compare to UK where we also have the low hospitalisation rate but deaths that are likely to exceed italy? Is it due to low testing rates, same as lombardy?

What makes you think the number of deaths in the UK will exceed Italy? 

Professor Charles Swanton, Cancer Research UK's chief clinician, warned that certain cancers which were until now thought survivable are to become 'inoperable' due to delays in the current crisis.

Professor Swanton added: 'There is a risk that trusts may have to make a choice between ventilatory support for an acutely unwell patient with Covid-19 at the expense of an elective admission for primary surgery for a potentially curable tumour requiring a short post-operative stay in intensive care.'

A source close to The Department of Health told The Sunday Times that it was possible more people, including cancer patients, could die from delays to their treatment caused by the virus than from the coronavirus.

The US scientific advisers admit that they massively overestimated Covid 19 just a week ago

IMG_0679.jpg.ffbea8427f510fe4f03e5005f583b5f3.jpg

And this article highlights how the US scientists have got their estimates badly wrong

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/coronavirus/white-houses-coronavirus-model-has-overestimated-tens-thousands

Note - I don’t require lying fascist oaksoft’s commentary as I already know he doesn’t have a clue what he’s talking about

1 hour ago, TPAFKATS said:

Italy are currently on 16, 523 deaths, the UK 5,373, apart from Oaky's stupid graphs I'm seeing nothing to indicate we will exceed them.

Have you some reason or are you just making stuff up again? 

1 hour ago, Hiram Abiff said:

Professor Charles Swanton, Cancer Research UK's chief clinician, warned that certain cancers which were until now thought survivable are to become 'inoperable' due to delays in the current crisis.

Professor Swanton added: 'There is a risk that trusts may have to make a choice between ventilatory support for an acutely unwell patient with Covid-19 at the expense of an elective admission for primary surgery for a potentially curable tumour requiring a short post-operative stay in intensive care.'

A source close to The Department of Health told The Sunday Times that it was possible more people, including cancer patients, could die from delays to their treatment caused by the virus than from the coronavirus.

Well... this is old news.  We have known for a while that this deluge of CV19 patients would overwhelm an austerity battered, underfunded NHS system.  That’s why the too little, too late shutdown is not being as effective as hoped... and at great economic cost.

I should have had a needle poke about in my left foot last Thursday, after seeking that needle’s deployment since last September.  It has been rescheduled.  I’m rescheduled and hoping to hop along to have it done next September, now.

it's the hope that kills you.  :)

I'm hearing the press couldn't wait to make as much as possible out of the stupid mistake that the CMO made at today's press conference? 

I'm surprised wee Nicky didn't read out a statement and that the matter was closed instead of allowing these half wits to regurgitate similar points time after time.

Edited by faraway saint

1 hour ago, Cookie Monster said:

Why is the person who posted links to a racist site still allowed to post. Is there no moderation like the rules I signed up to applied?

And where was the person racist ?

Show as many examples as you like.

And where was the person racist ?
Show as many examples as you like.
Using information from a racist website to support an argument leads any reasonable person to reach that conclusion. You haven't. I rest my case...

[emoji23][emoji1787][emoji23]

5 minutes ago, salmonbuddie said:

Using information from a racist website to support an argument leads any reasonable person to reach that conclusion. You haven't. I rest my case...

emoji23.pngemoji1787.pngemoji23.png

So, no examples of him being racist.

10 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:
23 minutes ago, shull said:
Refer all you like.
Never ever seen a racist post from that gentleman.

If I was to post a link to, let's say the KKK or the NF to support my argument. Do you not think that would class me as a racist?

No.

They are all trying so hard.
None can show the gentleman being racist.
Read my posts again, shull, I'm not trying any such thing. I'm trying to explain to you why people will come to that conclusion.

faraway's right, though, you can lead a horse to water and all that.