Coronavirus

faraway saint

2 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

I just read this article, I think it's one of the best pieces of journalism I've read in a long while.

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2020-04-08/240-000-covid-19-deaths-putting-trumps-death-projections-in-perspective

I'll save it till tomorrow, heading off to bed, got a splitting headache. 

Could do with a good read. 👍

Guest TPAFKATS
I just read this article, I think it's one of the best pieces of journalism I've read in a long while.

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2020-04-08/240-000-covid-19-deaths-putting-trumps-death-projections-in-perspective
Interesting the author brings, amongst other stats, annual automobile fatality numbers into it. Trump and some other knobs were trying that in the recent past. He's stopped now, funnily enough.

I'll save it till tomorrow, heading off to bed, got a splitting headache. 
Could do with a good read. [emoji106]

If it’s the best piece of journalism he’s read then maybe he should stop reading the Beano.

Those projections were last week. Same scientists have now revised it down to 60,000 just one week later.

https://scienceblog.cancerresearchuk.org/2020/04/07/opinion-today-our-researchers-are-helping-to-beat-covid-19-so-that-tomorrow-we-can-get-back-to-beating-cancer/#comments

When you lose family (in my case my Grandad and Dad) like I no doubt many other buds have to cancer, you know how serious this killer is when a charity like Cancer Research UK is diverting so many resources in the battle to stop it.

If it’s the best piece of journalism he’s read then maybe he should stop reading the Beano.

Those projections were last week. Same scientists have now revised it down to 60,000 just one week later.

When the first two words of a story are "Last week," that's a clue that the figures they are going to be talked about are a week out of date.

The author even explains this, but some haven't the capability to read the conjectural passages like this one.

As you take in the numbers, consider some caveats. For one thing, the number of people who ultimately die of COVID-19 may be far lower or higher than projected; numerous experts have questioned the reliability of the White House estimates.

1 hour ago, Cookie Monster said:

BBC News - Coronavirus: Ofcom formally probes David Icke TV interview
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-52228046

Hope action is taken against anyone sharing such like material or malicious false claims about this virus.

If only the government had something like, oh say,  a ministry of truth wherei t could quash free speech in the present and retrospectively rewrite anything it found disagreeable.

That's the way we're heading.

Domestic abuse complaints in Renfrewshire have risen amid the Covid-19 lockdown.

Renfrewshire Women’s Aid has reported an increase in calls from victims reporting incidents of violence or abuse in their homes.

The vital support group said social distancing and stay-at-home precautions during the coronavirus pandemic have been triggering a rise in the number of victims coming forward

If only the government had something like, oh say,  a ministry of truth wherei t could quash free speech in the present and retrospectively rewrite anything it found disagreeable.

Already happened in Denmark. New legislation prevents any criticism of the governments Covid 19 fascist police state

4 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

4 hours ago, Hiram Abiff said:

Already happened in Denmark. New legislation prevents any criticism of the governments Covid 19 fascist police state

If living in an Orwellian police state saves the life of even one person, then it's a price worth paying in my opinion. 

7 hours ago, Hiram Abiff said:

Domestic abuse complaints in Renfrewshire have risen amid the Covid-19 lockdown.

Renfrewshire Women’s Aid has reported an increase in calls from victims reporting incidents of violence or abuse in their homes.

The vital support group said social distancing and stay-at-home precautions during the coronavirus pandemic have been triggering a rise in the number of victims coming forward

You keep posting stuff like this. What’s your suggestion? Stop the lockdown, open the world back up, just let people die & overwhelm health services? 

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

You keep posting stuff like this. What’s your suggestion? Stop the lockdown, open the world back up, just let people die & overwhelm health services? 

What a disgusting suggestion, what are you on? 

My take on it is these things are that it's an unfortunate direct result of people being told to stay at home.

On the flip side, are you suggesting it's ok for people to beat their partners? 

20 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

What a disgusting suggestion, what are you on? 

My take on it is these things are that it's an unfortunate direct result of people being told to stay at home.

On the flip side, are you suggesting it's ok for people to beat their partners? 

Not my suggestion it was a question to try and understand the point in his posts. nice spin attempt that further highlights your bitterness towards me. (question wasn’t even to you) 

No I’m not.