Coronavirus

faraway saint

This is an extract from a bbc article about a regional government that took the federal government to court and won. They argued that local people should be able to use their local beaches. 

One of the lawyers who argued against the regional government's travel ban, Jost von Glasenapp, called it "meaningless", broadcaster NDR reported. 

Nobody, he said, had been able to explain to him "why the infection risk was higher when people travelled from the overcrowded town to the spacious coast".

In its ruling the court also described as "incomprehensible" the authorities' decision to exclude the regional capital Schwerin and its suburbs from the travel ban.

And the judges argued that there would now be more space in the seaside resorts because foreigners and Germans from outside the region could not go there.

Two cases lodged by Germans living outside Mecklenburg-West Pomerania, who wanted to travel there, were rejected by the court.

2 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

This is an extract from a bbc article about a regional government that took the federal government to court and won. They argued that local people should be able to use their local beaches. 

One of the lawyers who argued against the regional government's travel ban, Jost von Glasenapp, called it "meaningless", broadcaster NDR reported. 

Nobody, he said, had been able to explain to him "why the infection risk was higher when people travelled from the overcrowded town to the spacious coast".

In its ruling the court also described as "incomprehensible" the authorities' decision to exclude the regional capital Schwerin and its suburbs from the travel ban.

And the judges argued that there would now be more space in the seaside resorts because foreigners and Germans from outside the region could not go there.

Two cases lodged by Germans living outside Mecklenburg-West Pomerania, who wanted to travel there, were rejected by the court.

I suppose what's seen as "use" of the beach.

Yeah, wide open spaces but if people start to gather in groups then it's defeating the purpose.

If people are sensible then I think it's more than reasonable these areas should be utilised.

Fortunately we, here in Arbroath, haven't, that I'm aware of, had any reports of gatherings and no need for any intervention by the police. 

The beach areas here are usually "choc a" at this time of the year as the caravans sites are filling up big time.  

It’s worrying that you don’t think that front line services should be following social distancing rules, thereby putting themselves and the public they serve at risk.

How the fcuk are firefighters, paramedics, police officers, doctors, nurses......... suppose to work whilst social distancing. 

Fire alarm goes,

Watch Manager (WM), right Firefighters to your own cars and follow the appliance.

Firefighter A(FF A) but WM I've not got a car, I walked it from my new digs. In anycase the wife took it as she has to travel to the hospital where she's working as a nurse.

Crew Manager, FF A you can travel on top of the appliance, just hang on tightly to the ladder and remember to wipe it down with the alcohol sanitizer after you disembark at the scene.

Firefighter B(FF B ) CM, we may have a problem. How do we use the 70mm hose that requires 2 to handle safely.

Station Manager 1(SM1), I'll contact the Health and Safety and Liason Officer(HSLO).

HSLO, advice from the National Health and Safety Committee is to use 3 22mm hoses individually rather than one 70mm hose.

SM1, SM2 can you send a crew on there own to location to assist as an appliance only has 2 22mm hoses and the other crew are already at an incident.

SM2, no need, message from the individual paramedic on site says occupants now all deceased and fire has burned itself out.

Let's hope no ones family live in thicho's world

26 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I suppose what's seen as "use" of the beach.

Yeah, wide open spaces but if people start to gather in groups then it's defeating the purpose.

If people are sensible then I think it's more than reasonable these areas should be utilised.

Fortunately we, here in Arbroath, haven't, that I'm aware of, had any reports of gatherings and no need for any intervention by the police. 

The beach areas here are usually "choc a" at this time of the year as the caravans sites are filling up big time.  

Although I am not sure Germany has all the answers, they have lifted a travel ban so that 80000 Romania farm workers can pick the spring crop of asparagus and strawberries. 

I hope the smokies are still being processed? 

10 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Although I am not sure Germany has all the answers, they have lifted a travel ban so that 80000 Romania farm workers can pick the spring crop of asparagus and strawberries. 

I hope the smokies are still being processed? 

The lack of labour could be, if it's not already, a problem up here.

We have a lot of farms and, although quite a number have become residents in the town, there will be a requirement for more soon.

As far as I heard Brexit was only going to have a minimal affect but this is a different ball game.

As for Smokies, who cares, not my scene. :lol:

Kidding apart the outlets that sell them have reopened after a short spell of closure. 

28 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

The lack of labour could be, if it's not already, a problem up here.

We have a lot of farms and, although quite a number have become residents in the town, there will be a requirement for more soon.

As far as I heard Brexit was only going to have a minimal affect but this is a different ball game.

As for Smokies, who cares, not my scene. :lol:

Kidding apart the outlets that sell them have reopened after a short spell of closure. 

I always pop into the wee smokehouses for some stuff to take down the road when I'm up fishing. Can't beat it. The world famous pie bobs pastry emporium as well 😂

1 hour ago, Cookie Monster said:

How the fcuk are firefighters, paramedics, police officers, doctors, nurses......... suppose to work whilst social distancing. 

I suspect the main criticism is that they lined up for, what most people would deem an unnecessary photo opportunity, whilst standing side by side.

Goes against social distancing directives and could be seen as setting a bad example.

Work however, is a different matter altogether.

Edited by FTOF

2 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

You said oaksoft must have been using sunbeds.
The guy you were comparing him to was black.
This is racist, albeit it you didn't realise so it's unconscious racism.

The actual photo you post has been doing the rounds for weeks and it's a funny take on the hoarding shoppers.
Comparing the joke to oaksoft as you have an ongoing tit for tat about toilet roll is also a funny take.
Adding in a comment that he mustve been using sunbeds as the guy is black is racist.

Black people aren't black because they use sunbeds. It's 2020, not the 1970s.
These kind of comments, like the black and white minstrels are now social unacceptable for a reason.

Also, the only guy liking your replies on this has recently been banned for posting links to far right racist websites. Have a wee think about that.

Eh??? This is desperate stuff. 
I’m far from an apologist for racist patter, but where the f**k does FS’s post suggest black people are black because they take sunbeds??

Surely the gist of the “joke” (with the exaggerated context that jokes usually have) was that Oaky would need to take a helluva lot of sunbeds to look like the chap in the photo. Think it’s funny or don’t. That’s your prerogative, but it’s not bloody racist. Certainly not in the way you’re suggesting anyway.

Yours and FS’s views on this debate are polarised enough that you should be able to challenge him on the debate at hand, without sinking to this embarrassing level of desperation to score points. 

15 minutes ago, Yflab said:

I’d say it’s entirely possible that this is a stock photo taken way before the crisis began.

The "Thank you NHS" sign on the police car would indicate otherwise.

Edited by FTOF

I suspect the main criticism is that they lined up for, what most people would deem an unnecessary photo opportunity, whilst standing side by side.
Goes against social distancing directives and could be seen as setting a bad example.
Work however, is a different matter altogether.

They are at work. [emoji106]

Slight, but a grateful, drop today.

Yesterday 980, today 917.

As I suggested yesterday, could be starting to even out, hopefully see a drop in the next few days, following Italy & Spain.

Still a long way to go. 

PS The highlighted line is only my opinion based on the facts and trends in Spain & Italy.

Edited by faraway saint

On 2/15/2020 at 9:53 AM, faraway saint said:

What a fuss about the flu, not a lot happening to see this warrant the amount of coverage and panic.

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Slight, but a grateful, drop today.

Yesterday 980, today 917.

As I suggested yesterday, could be starting to even out, hopefully see a drop in the next few days, following Italy & Spain.

Still a long way to go. 

PS The highlighted line is only my opinion based on the facts and trends in Spain & Italy.

Aged well :whistle

Guest TPAFKATS

I didn’t post anything from a racist website.

You’re a liar

Got any misogynistic or homophobic jokes?
No I don't have those kind of jokes, but you keep saying I do.
When I ask for proof of this you say I deleted the post even though its still on the thread.
#thichasf**k

Guest TPAFKATS
Interesting article on the bbc website about the amount of testing done in Germany compared with UK. Even more interesting is the figures around health spending per head , Germany 11.1 % of GPD , Uk 9.7% , the EU average is 9.9% 
F1FB5DFF-28BF-4D49-869B-05AF1F6E9896.thumb.jpeg.3bc4a07db9f931def0ac8270f85cc734.jpeg
That's what happens when you spend 10 years underfunding the NHS.

Guest TPAFKATS

I didn’t post anything from a racist website.

You’re a liar

Deary me. You’ve got a real obsession about me. I’ll like your posts too if that’ll make you feel any better?

2 replies to the same quoted post within minutes of each other. Both saying much the same thing.
Jesus, you really are desperate for attention Andy.

You need help.

Guest TPAFKATS

And yet the two of you are all over my posts.

Not worth worrying about.
He is what he is, a soulless individual, always bitter and must be a drain on anybody unfortunate enough to be close to him.