Coronavirus

faraway saint

57 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

So, a review this week of the current lockdown measures.

This'll be interesting.

Why do you think it will be interesting? As we've only recently hit peak figures, and there's no consistent pattern of them abating, I cannot see a reduction in the lockdown measures. 

If, on the other hand, you think the measures imposed are likely to become more draconian, I cannot see that either, as the police have been criticised for being too heavy-handed.

I think the lockdown will continue as it is for another three or four weeks, before being reviewed again.

4 minutes ago, W6er said:

Why do you think it will be interesting? As we've only recently hit peak figures, and there's no consistent pattern of them abating, I cannot see a reduction in the lockdown measures. 

If, on the other hand, you think the measures imposed are likely to become more draconian, I cannot see that either, as the police have been criticised for being too heavy-handed.

I think the lockdown will continue as it is for another three or four weeks, before being reviewed again.

I never offered any opinion on what these talks will produce? :blink:

I think it'll be interesting to see if they indicate any sort of plan when the current measures WILL change.

The criticism of the police has been very minor, mainly due to the majority of the public following the instructions.

FWIW I think, along your lines, closer to the end of May before we see some changes, what these will be are the interesting part for me. 

I am sure the social care workers will appreciate the gesture, however to put this in perspective, I walked past Dominos piazzas in Paisley yesterday and they are advertising for delivery drivers , £10 an hour plus tips. As much as I feel our delivery drivers and associated food workers are doing a sterling job, should care workers be paid less? I hope when this is all over that we realise what’s really important in life and change the world accordingly.  

5222C6FC-0AFB-4176-AF25-B52AF9DF9731.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Hiram Abiff said:

3 million people in the U.K. go hungry as a result of lockdown

Bit of a personal crisis for me this morning in Waitrose...  :(

Only Tunnocks Tea Cakes available were... dark chocolate, which is fine for me but The Boss isnae sae keen...

Even worserer - No Tunnocks Caramel Wafers!!!                     Of any hue or flavour!  :o

I have to ask... are all of the 5 million made every week in the Scottish factory, now being consumed every week by greedy fat basturts in Scotland?

14 minutes ago, antrin said:

Bit of a personal crisis for me this morning in Waitrose...  :(

Only Tunnocks Tea Cakes available were... dark chocolate, which is fine for me but The Boss isnae sae keen...

Even worserer - No Tunnocks Caramel Wafers!!!                     Of any hue or flavour!  :o

I have to ask... are all of the 5 million made every week in the Scottish factory, now being consumed every week by greedy fat basturts in Scotland?

Reported for racism. 😂

2 hours ago, Hiram Abiff said:

3 million people in the U.K. go hungry as a result of lockdown

I hope you’re satisfied @bazil85 😡 

https://www.ft.com/content/e5061be6-2978-4c0b-aa68-f372a2526826

What are you talking about? Why would I be happy about this. 

third time asking, what’s your actual end game in all this? Do you think we should fully lift the self isolation and just let the vulnerable get sick with many of them dying? 

8 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Numbers down AGAIN today, 737 yesterday, 717 today.

Keep it up everybody. :thumbs2

As I've said the last few days at the moment we seem to be be evening out, slightly dropping if anything, over the last week. 

Today's numbers are not included in the graph below. 

image.png.7bb44b1efb27d232bc1781b55c8294ad.png

There’s likely a caveat to this though giving the long Easter weekend. Cautious optimism sure but we’re far from out of the woods. 

Numbers down AGAIN today, 737 yesterday, 717 today.
Keep it up everybody. :thumbs2
As I've said the last few days at the moment we seem to be be evening out, slightly dropping if anything, over the last week. 
Today's numbers are not included in the graph below. 
image.png.7bb44b1efb27d232bc1781b55c8294ad.png
Genuine question...

Are the people who have died in nursing homes been included in those figures?

I was told not, but that they are increasing at an alarming rate.

Haven't seen any official comments tho.

3 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Genuine question...

I think Scotland are including deaths in the community, including homes.

For some reason I don't think England have as yet.

I still doubt the numbers would rise substantially. 

They aren't here as yet, there was reported on the BBC that a local nursing home has had 13 deaths although only one who died in hospital was confirmed with Covid 19 the other old folks exhibited some signs but weren't tested, so can't be confirmed, stats down here are unreliable.

Guest TPAFKATS
Genuine question...

Estimates that total dead in England could be another 70% higher than official total.

I'd hope that since Scotland now including non hospital deaths we should get a more accurate figure.
Care home and home deaths estimated to be around another 70% in England.

Guest TPAFKATS
They aren't here as yet, there was reported on the BBC that a local nursing home has had 13 deaths although only one who died in hospital was confirmed with Covid 19 the other old folks exhibited some signs but weren't tested, so can't be confirmed, stats down here are unreliable.

Heard of this in a Scottish care home too. Patient's gp decided not to record COVID19 on death certificate despite other residents having it on theirs. Went with a respiratory condition, nursing staff certain it was covid as similar to others and unlike any other respiratory death they had witnessed over many years.

Doubt we will ever get fully accurate numbers.