Coronavirus

faraway saint

Could the know it all f**ktards in here please give it a rest and stop trying to see who can piss highest up the wall for just one moment.

Instead of treating this like a political debate or a square go in the playground, maybe consider that for some, whether there are answers or not... Whether we are wrong or not... Your dick measuring competition is helping nobody!

FOUR people I was close to and cared for died this week with COVID-19.

My best friend of over 40 years Father is next... Laboured breathing and on morphine.

My team is furloughed and feeling helpless... But safe.

I'm trying to be the positive one. The motivator. The encouraging supportive one.

I pop in to a football forum and see a bunch of insensitive dicks playing games with lives.

FFS... It is what it is.
We are where we are.

Right or wrong, in a democratic society, we elect people to make decisions... Even though every masterf**kinmind in here knows better!

Put your knobs away and grow up.

Show a modicum of humanity and compassion.

7 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Could the know it all f**ktards in here please give it a rest and stop trying to see who can piss highest up the wall for just one moment.

Instead of treating this like a political debate or a square go in the playground, maybe consider that for some, whether there are answers or not... Whether we are wrong or not... Your dick measuring competition is helping nobody!

FOUR people I was close to and cared for died this week with COVID-19.

My best friend of over 40 years Father is next... Laboured breathing and on morphine.

My team is furloughed and feeling helpless... But safe.

I'm trying to be the positive one. The motivator. The encouraging supportive one.

I pop in to a football forum and see a bunch of insensitive dicks playing games with lives.

FFS... It is what it is.
We are where we are.

Right or wrong, in a democratic society, we elect people to make decisions... Even though every masterf**kinmind in here knows better!

Put your knobs away and grow up.

Show a modicum of humanity and compassion.

Well said

As Jake Burns once said

No one is a no body

Everyone is someone

Last night's Comic Relief/Big Night In fundraising night hits £27 million.

In difficult circumstances they tried but many of the pieces didn't work too well.

Surprised they held it on a Thursday night, thought Friday nights, with alcohol induced eejits, would have increased the donations.

Also, at these times with so many having financial concerns, the amount is quite surprising.

Anyhow, doesn't matter if it wasn't my cup of tea, I bailed out about 9:30, it raised funds for people that need help. :thumbs2

Today's gem to brighten up your day comes from across the pond........................

Mr Trump has suggested INJECTING people with disinfectant could be a cure. 

I think, and it's only my opinion, he's getting mixed up with disinfectants ability to kill the virus on surfaces or maybe he's as mad as he comes across.

If he get's the go ahead might I suggest he starts on the heartland of Trump supporters? 

Aye, the world really is full of mad people. :lol:

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

In difficult circumstances they tried but many of the pieces didn't work too well.

Surprised they held it on a Thursday night, thought Friday nights, with alcohol induced eejits, would have increased the donations.

Also, at these times with so many having financial concerns, the amount is quite surprising.

Anyhow, doesn't matter if it wasn't my cup of tea, I bailed out about 9:30, it raised funds for people that need help. :thumbs2

So they matched a 99 year old with a zimmer

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

I've recorded it, and will watch it today, so that I can skip all the appeals and just watch the funny bits. 

Seldom have our hospitals lain so empty. There are almost 100,000 beds in the NHS, of which 42,540 were unoccupied as of yesterday. Seven Nightingale field hospitals have been built to handle a Covid overflow that never really arrived. NHS hospitals currently have almost twice as many mechanical ventilators as are needed: for the non-invasive ventilators, it’s almost three times as many

12 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:
25 minutes ago, Yflab said:
Trump is off his rocker, but the frightening thing is that so many in the US of A will believe him.....
image.thumb.png.0c8dd55540e793a503a4d9d230b61d67.png

Unfortunately we've got the numbnuts here as well.

Don’t be so harsh on yourself cockless

Its a good job that hospitals are so empty. It’ll allow you to put lots of people in them! 😂

11 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:
24 minutes ago, Yflab said:
Trump is off his rocker, but the frightening thing is that so many in the US of A will believe him.....
image.thumb.png.0c8dd55540e793a503a4d9d230b61d67.png

Unfortunately we've got the numbnuts here as well.

Most of them seem to intent on vandalising 5G phone masts.

9 minutes ago, Hiram Abiff said:

Lockdown based on Imperial College estimates

Blue is the estimate for Sweden if they did nothing

Yellow is the estimate if they did what they are doing now

Red is the reality of what they are doing now

9B5BC4DD-0B59-4182-9233-F1C541940038.jpeg

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1273305/coronavirus-sweden-update-eu-latest-lockdown-restrictions-uk-covid-19

Sweden responsible for more people dying than needed by not enforcing a lockdown.

Right wing view of Economy > human life. 

3 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1273305/coronavirus-sweden-update-eu-latest-lockdown-restrictions-uk-covid-19

Sweden responsible for more people dying than needed by not enforcing a lockdown.

Right wing view of Economy > human life. 

I hate to break up this love in but, like almost every country, there are no definite answers and, therefore, no right or wrong approaches to this.

Every country is different in various categories so for you, or anyone, to say one method is responsible for MORE people dying is utter tripe. 

As for economy v life, that's, unfortunately, a decision that will be made very soon and what governments get paid to do. 

There will be a time when the numbers are seen as manageable/acceptable, not forgetting every person dying leaves sadness behind.

12 minutes ago, Hiram Abiff said:

Lockdown based on Imperial College estimates

Blue is the estimate for Sweden if they did nothing

Yellow is the estimate if they did what they are doing now

Red is the reality of what they are doing now

9B5BC4DD-0B59-4182-9233-F1C541940038.jpeg

New cases in Sweden reported this week 

Monday - 392

Tuesday - 545

Wednesday - 682

Thursday - 751

Difference Monday to Thursday, up 91%

New cases in UK reported this week

Monday - 4,676

Tuesday - 4,301

Wednesday - 4,451

Thursday - 4,583

Difference Monday to Thursday, down 2% 

Some caveats:

Sweden has limited testing for people who are symptomatic 

https://www.thelocal.se/20200320/fact-check-has-sweden-stopped-testing-people-for-the-coronavirus 

UK has increased it's testing considerably 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/04/20/coronavirus-testing-uk-how-many-done/