Coronavirus

faraway saint

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

I hate to break up this love in but, like almost every country, there are no definite answers and, therefore, no right or wrong approaches to this.

Every country is different in various categories so for you, or anyone, to say one method is responsible for MORE people dying is utter tripe. 

As for economy v life, that's, unfortunately, a decision that will be made very soon and what governments get paid to do. 

There will be a time when the numbers are seen as manageable/acceptable, not forgetting every person dying leaves sadness behind.

There is definitely conversation regarding what should and shouldn't be done country to country. My responses are in opposition to the very hard right wing views of Hiram  where he seemingly wants lockdown fully lifted. 

5 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

There is definitely conversation regarding what should and shouldn't be done country to country. My responses are in opposition to the very hard right wing views of Hiram  where he seemingly wants lockdown fully lifted. 

And my main point was you saying quite clearly Sweden were responsible for more people dying than needed which is purely subjective, and therefore utter tripe.

6 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

And my main point was you saying quite clearly Sweden were responsible for more people dying than needed which is purely subjective, and therefore utter tripe.

Sweden made a conscious decision not to lockdown, that's a conscious decision that some human life is expendable. Are they the only country that's process has been flawed? No but I think it's clear the approach they've taken is one that knows more people will die than more stringent preventative measures. 

1 hour ago, Hiram Abiff said:

Seldom have our hospitals lain so empty. There are almost 100,000 beds in the NHS, of which 42,540 were unoccupied as of yesterday. Seven Nightingale field hospitals have been built to handle a Covid overflow that never really arrived. NHS hospitals currently have almost twice as many mechanical ventilators as are needed: for the non-invasive ventilators, it’s almost three times as many

Aye, but what if it is only phase 1? 😦

What if Phase 2 is the result of an EMP sent from space by an Eastern Country on around April 29th or shortly thereafter so it can be blamed on the 1998 OR2 asteroid fly by.

What if that EMP damages our infrastructure including communications and transportation so heavily that food and water shortages soon follow.

What if this is part of a global war games that has been going on for decades and that we should be worrying about something more than a nuclear or viral threat to our society.

Unlikely, probably. Impossible, No. Tried to get odds on it at Willy Hills but to no avail. 😄

Thought you might like a read for the weekend. 

https://www.airuniversity.af.edu/Portals/10/AUPress/Papers/LP_0004_ELECTROMAGNETIC_DEFENSE_TASK_FORCE_2_2019.PDF

21 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Sweden made a conscious decision not to lockdown, that's a conscious decision that some human life is expendable. Are they the only country that's process has been flawed? No but I think it's clear the approach they've taken is one that knows more people will die than more stringent preventative measures. 

I thought I'd explained that every country will have to make a decision that the majority of life has to go on and every country is different? 

Again, you don't know if MORE people have died so, therefore, your talking utter drivel

Sweden were averaging 46 deaths per day. I'd suggest if any other country was achieving that the lockdown would be lifted. 

This is my 3rd and last reply to you as it fecking pointless. 🤪

Edited by faraway saint

13 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I thought I'd explained that every country will have to make a decision that the majority of life has to go on and every country is different? 

Again, you don't know if MORE people have died so, therefore, your talking utter drivel

Sweden were averaging 46 deaths per day. I'd suggest if any other country was achieving that the lockdown would be lifted. 

This is my 3rd and last reply to you as it fecking pointless. 🤪

You did, it didn't impact my view. 

Given it's a contagious virus & lock-down observably limits peoples contact, as such I think we do. 

Like for like comparisons are very difficult to make. Death reporting is not a fully suitable means of determining a countries success, look at my earlier post on the increases in new cases alone (with reduced testing) to support this. A lot of those people will die if current data is anything to go by, the dating on how that's recorded is TBC

Because you always have the view you are fully right and everyone is wrong, you've beaten yourself by accepting it's subjective. 

39 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

It's a conscious decision that some deaths are unavoidable and that they believe enforcing a lockdown would not be the best solution for them in terms of minimising deaths.

The debate is then whether their approach worked for them and it's too early to tell until the other countries lift their lockdowns and we see whether we get a second surge.

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

It's a conscious decision that some deaths are unavoidable and that they believe enforcing a lockdown would not be the best solution for them in terms of minimising deaths.

The debate is then whether their approach worked for them and it's too early to tell until the other countries lift their lockdowns and we see whether we get a second surge.

It's still a conscious decision to make regarding up front deaths to protect the economy. I personally think it's highly immoral. They are in an extreme minority so not sure why people have issue with me taking the majority stance.  

3 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

It's still a conscious decision to make regarding up front deaths to protect the economy. I personally think it's highly immoral. They are in an extreme minority so not sure why people have issue with me taking the majority stance.  

No it isn't. It's not a straight choice between those two.

Deaths are inevitable whether they have a lockdown or not.

Being in the majority view doesn't make you right or moral.

Edited by oaksoft

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

No it isn't. It's not a straight choice between those two.

Deaths are inevitable whether they have a lockdown or not.

Being in the majority view doesn't make you right or moral.

I didn't say it was

I know, I've said as much myself 

I know & it's an opinion not a matter of right or wrong

As I've said before, it's funny on here that some people will enter an argument with me just because it's me. Even when my opinion on lockdown seems to be pretty close to yours lol. 

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Today's gem to brighten up your day comes from across the pond........................

Mr Trump has suggested INJECTING people with disinfectant could be a cure. 

I think, and it's only my opinion, he's getting mixed up with disinfectants ability to kill the virus on surfaces or maybe he's as mad as he comes across.

If he get's the go ahead might I suggest he starts on the heartland of Trump supporters? 

Aye, the world really is full of mad people. :lol:

That guy must have a mental illness, any sane person wouldn’t say that stuff.Did you see the look on his Science Advisors face while he was saying it?

11 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I didn't say it was

I know, I've said as much myself 

I know & it's an opinion not a matter of right or wrong

As I've said before, it's funny on here that some people will enter an argument with me just because it's me. Even when my opinion on lockdown seems to be pretty close to yours lol. 

"It's still a conscious decision to make regarding up front deaths to protect the economy."

You are making out that they are choosing the economy over people's lives. If there is another way of intepreting that sentence then I'm all ears.

Just now, oaksoft said:

"It's still a conscious decision to make regarding up front deaths to protect the economy."

You are making out that they are choosing the economy over people's lives. If there is another way of intepreting that sentence then I'm all ears.

That is my view, I did NOT say it was a straight choice between the two. Look at the strategies in place regarding keeping parts of the economy open and socially distanced, move to online/ non-face to face. 

You've claimed I've made a sweeping one way or other statement, you were wrong.  

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

That is my view, I did NOT say it was a straight choice between the two. Look at the strategies in place regarding keeping parts of the economy open and socially distanced, move to online/ non-face to face. 

You've claimed I've made a sweeping one way or other statement, you were wrong.  

You just can't help yourself can you. :lol:

You engage in this childish nonsense in every single thread you take part in.

5 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

That guy must have a mental illness, any sane person wouldn’t say that stuff.Did you see the look on his Science Advisors face while he was saying it?

Loathsome people, it's their professional and moral duty to say "I'm having no more to do with all this pish" and walking away very publicly  But they won't, they value their short-lived position too much and are clearly shit-scared of him

36 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You just can't help yourself can you. :lol:

You engage in this childish nonsense in every single thread you take part in.

As I have said, I make a point and certain people jump on it regardless. You're living proof of it on this topic. 

1. Argued over a lock-down view you're seemingly quite closely aligned to

2. A completely incorrect claim that I am somehow giving countries a two choice ultimatum.

Maybe if you didn't let your personal opinion towards me cloud posts on different subjects, we wouldn't have an issue.  🤷‍♂️

Guest TPAFKATS
Loathsome people, it's their professional and moral duty to say "I'm having no more to do with all this pish" and walking away very publicly  But they won't, they value their short-lived position too much and are clearly shit-scared of him
I suspect they also feel they may cause more harm by leaving their post as their knowledge and expertise would be lost.

1 hour ago, beyond our ken said:

Aye, they should just walk away from an income. Maybe the mortgage pixie will keep a roof over their heads. :lol:

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

As I have said, I make a point and certain people jump on it regardless. You're living proof of it on this topic. 

1. Argued over a lock-down view you're seemingly quite closely aligned to

2. A completely incorrect claim that I am somehow giving countries a two choice ultimatum.

Maybe if you didn't let your personal opinion towards me cloud posts on different subjects, we wouldn't have an issue.  🤷‍♂️

Certain people?

Baz it's virtually every single poster on every single topic who has a problem with you.

You understand statistics right?

What's the probability of every single other poster being the problem here?

Edited by oaksoft