Coronavirus

faraway saint

Guest TPAFKATS
One thing I would say about their approach is it must be less likely they'll have a second spike.
Probably depends on how long they can flatten the curve on the initial "spike"

56 minutes ago, Hiram Abiff said:

Lockdown to kill hundreds of thousands of children this year according to the UN

https://uk.mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUKKBN21Y2WX

"Could" not "to", another false reference from you. The article clearly says unless we "act now" 

We need to make sure this doesn't happen, it doesn't mean the only option is opening up countries and letting people die from the virus. 

54 minutes ago, Hiram Abiff said:

It’s ironic that the lefties, comfortably working from home on full pay, have supported a policy they thought would align with the self interested political agenda. And it’s going to end up killing millions around the world including hundreds of thousands of children

The real baby killers 

"The real truth is that you are supporting the right wing fascist police state imposed by a known racist. And if you need me to help you any further with how data modelling works, like you’ve asked me for in the past, don’t hesitate to ask."

FFS make up your mind what your political stance is. Beep beep beep. 

Guest TPAFKATS

Oh christ. The other attention seeking c**t is quoting me now.

Anyone know if you can stop getting notifications from folk you have on ignore without losing notifications from folk you are interested in conversing with?

On the mobile app.

2 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Oh christ. The other attention seeking c**t is quoting me now.

Anyone know if you can stop getting notifications from folk you have on ignore without losing notifications from folk you are interested in conversing with?

On the mobile app.

Aye, log off and don't come back. :byebye

3 hours ago, Hiram Abiff said:

It’s ironic that the lefties, comfortably working from home on full pay, have supported a policy they thought would align with the self interested political agenda. And it’s going to end up killing millions around the world including hundreds of thousands of children

The real baby killers 

Andy, as you know I'm one of those "lefties" though not working from home on full pay as I went self employed in January and my work just about stopped stone dead when lockdown started. FWIW, I think the current policy is confused and has not fully understood the impact of current measures, particularly on vulnerable children or those living in poverty, or those with mental health problems. 

Current public health policies should be based on reducing risk but not being risk averse. There are certain situations, schools, sports etc, where social distancing is impossible. There should be an acknowledgement of this, and a move to open as much of the country as possible up, while improving hygiene and testing, and considering how family contact with older relatives can be facilitated as safely as possible. You will never eliminate risk, but you can reduce it, and that should be the aim. We need to avoid a situation where public health measures lead to unseen and forgotten about consequences for those with no voice.