Coronavirus

faraway saint

Guest TPAFKATS
what is a 'tin foil hat video' please define?

What makes you only consult 'experts' , is at a shortfall in your personal IQ?
What work are you relying on that says shutting down an economy and keeping everyone in doors for weeks stops the spread of this disease ? And how can somone be an 'expert' if indeed it is an precedented incidence ?
Many countries have adopted different responses to this disease , even ones that neighbour each other like the ones mentioned above but it seems that we have decided to copy  China , one of the most repressive regimes in modern history , a regime with very unreliable stats to boot

Do you know a guy called Andy who posts here? You might know him as Hiram?

Guest TPAFKATS

I don't know if this came from the wet market, the bat eating, the virus lab worker or through the Chinese or US funding of the Wuhan lab to create it.

Right now I don't care. We need to get through this current situation hope folk who have had it have immunity and hope we can deal with any second wave prior to a vaccine.

8 hours ago, faraway saint said:

It should be remembered, and I'm in this bracket at times, that Americans are not all stupid or Trump supporters.

That may well be true but nevertheless one really does have to wonder about a CUNTRY that would vote someone of his Kaliber into a position of power, there might be some Americans with a degree of common sense..................but they are hiding pretty well

5 hours ago, jaybee said:

That may well be true but nevertheless one really does have to wonder about a CUNTRY that would vote someone of his Kaliber into a position of power, there might be some Americans with a degree of common sense..................but they are hiding pretty well

Everywhere has nutters, America just has more...............................democracy eh? 

Police in Cheshire have been called to a single house 30 times over coronavirus lockdown rules being broken, it has emerged.

Officers have repeatedly had to visit the property in Widnes because of groups of people gathering there for day-long parties.

Now, after multiple fines apparently failed to deter visitors, Cheshire Police have slapped the home with a closure order — a legal device normally used to shut down troubled pubs and clubs.

It means the property’s tenant will be committing a crime, and face six months prison time, should anyone else be found at the house in the next three months.

IMO the recent talk of easing restrictions has been a mistake.

The daily numbers suggest we are quite a long way from any changes to the current instructions.

The public being the public grab any slight change and already there are signs people are taking the "talks" as a sign they can start breaking the guidelines. 

With retail outlets already being given the green light, B&Q for one, to reopen this is taken as a sign the public can do what they like.

There should have been no public talk from all government spokespeople about exit strategies IMO. 

The numbers do not support any relaxation, either workplaces or schools, for quite a while. 

IMO the recent talk of easing restrictions has been a mistake.
The daily numbers suggest we are quite a long way from any changes to the current instructions.
The public being the public grab any slight change and already there are signs people are taking the "talks" as a sign they can start breaking the guidelines. 
With retail outlets already being given the green light, B&Q for one, to reopen this is taken as a sign the public can do what they like.
There should have been no public talk from all government spokespeople about exit strategies IMO. 
The numbers do not support any relaxation, either workplaces or schools, for quite a while. 

Hardware shops like B&Q were never required to close as it sells item that are essential for repairs. [emoji106]

1 minute ago, Cookie Monster said:

Hardware shops like B&Q were never required to close as it sells item that are essential for repairs. emoji106.png

I'm aware of that, I used their "click and collect" scheme a few weeks ago.

I would argue they are not essential and click and collect was ample, but the goalposts have moved as they are now open for day to day business.

Yes they are using the same distancing rules that supermarkets are using but, IMO, they are not in the same "essential" group.

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

I would argue they are not essential and click and collect was ample, but the goalposts have moved as they are now open for day to day business.

No, far from ample.

dysfunctional from my knowledge.

Told to come and “collect” people were queuing with their cars for 2 hours+ for the collection to be delivered to their cars in the car park.

No, far from ample.
dysfunctional from my knowledge.

Told to come and “collect” people were queuing with their cars for 2 hours+ for the collection to be delivered to their cars in the car park.

That was down to so many folk not going to collect there essential items for a number of hours then causing a queue as those that came as soon as they were informed. [emoji106]

39 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

I noticed a few headlines this morning about crime being down by about 20% in Scotland during the lockdown. I wonder what effect the lockdown will have on birth rates

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-52424893

Lockdown crime

• 25%overall reduction in recorded crime

• 20%of all incidents now reports of lockdown rule-breaking

• 40%fall in serious assaults

• 30%fall in housebreaking

• 10%rise in fraud (probably due to online purchasing increase)

•  

Condom purchase rates have risen (:o) dramatically apparently.

Edited by FTOF

Guest TPAFKATS
I noticed a few headlines this morning about crime being down by about 20% in Scotland during the lockdown. I wonder what effect the lockdown will have on birth rates? 
Seen Priti Patel mentioned shoplifting being down during yesterday's UK Gov daily update.
Not sure if anyone from media had the heart to explain why that might be the case [emoji1]

Today's numbers down to 413 from a surprising 813 yesterday.

I see Italy have had a very low number today, 260.

That's the area we, IMO, should be in consistently BEFORE considering any changes to the current lockdown, which hasn't been as stringent as Italy or Spain. 

Edited by faraway saint