Coronavirus

faraway saint

7 hours ago, bazil85 said:

That makes almost every leader in every majority impacted country in the world... 

Do you not think politicising a global pandemic in this way is a little off colour? 

No i don’t, every other leader gives some sort of hope to people, not Sturgeon. Couldn’t be more negative if she tried, I don’t in anyway see her as a leader in any way. Just a person who is a spokesman for Boris but puts her own spin on things to look important. She is totally out her depth.

9 minutes ago, Leatherface said:

No i don’t, every other leader gives some sort of hope to people, not Sturgeon. Couldn’t be more negative if she tried, I don’t in anyway see her as a leader in any way. Just a person who is a spokesman for Boris but puts her own spin on things to look important. She is totally out her depth.

She is simply being realistic; and she is certainly not a spokesperson for Boris!

Edited by smcc

16 hours ago, Leatherface said:
On 5/1/2020 at 8:45 AM, bazil85 said:

Can see the similarities... She's been praised for her level headedness and leadership during all this 🤣.

Always going to have the haters.

Praised? By who? You? She doesn’t have a fecking clue what’s going on or what to do about it.

Not a fan of her and even less of you; but both her anb Boris have done reasonable considering the circumstances and much as I hate to admit it she has probably done better than Boris

52 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Not a fan of her and even less of you; but both her anb Boris have done reasonable considering the circumstances and much as I hate to admit it she has probably done better than Boris

Not a fan of me👍 Couldn’t really care less what a moron like you thinks full stop.

1 hour ago, smcc said:

She is simply being realistic; and she is certainly not a spokesperson for Boris!

Realistic and not having a clue are two different things, she is defo the latter. Now her independence crusade is fecked for a good while she will slink off like Salmond did...

4 hours ago, Leatherface said:

Very clear personal feelings are clouding your view. Everyone else good, Sturgeon bad 😂

21 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I’m not using personal feelings to cloud a view, unfairly singling one country leader out. 

Why would i single out a leader of a country I don’t live in? I couldn’t care less about any other countries just now...I don’t see Sturgeon as Scotlands leader, certainly not voted for by me to lead the country. Don’t think she could lead a horse to water.

[emoji23][emoji1787][emoji23]

Realistic and not having a clue are two different things, she is defo the latter. Now her independence crusade is fecked for a good while she will slink off like Salmond did...

Why would i single out a leader of a country I don’t live in? I couldn’t care less about any other countries just now...I don’t see Sturgeon as Scotlands leader, certainly not voted for by me to lead the country. Don’t think she could lead a horse to water.

8 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Very clear personal feelings are clouding your view. Everyone else good, Sturgeon bad 😂

You're being very selective in this viewpoint.

There's been plenty of extreme views, and downright lies, on the leader of the UK government but I must have missed you pointing this out?

Why is that? 

8 hours ago, Leatherface said:

Well she is, it doesn’t really matter if you acknowledge it or not. But like I say, I think it’s clear your view is blinded by a personal bias. 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

You're being very selective in this viewpoint.

There's been plenty of extreme views, and downright lies, on the leader of the UK government but I must have missed you pointing this out?

Why is that? 

I don’t think I’ve seen any but granted this particular thread has moved very fast at times. If you point them out I’ll do the same. 

https://www.thecanary.co/trending/2020/05/01/a-group-of-nurses-just-blocked-westminster-bridge-over-the-tory-ppe-scandal/

ignored by mainstream media, whilst we are swimming in fairy-tales about Boris' near death experience. 

NHS managers and the government are breaking the Health and Safety at Work act by failing to provide front-line staff with safe places of work, using guidelines as the basis for issue of PPE rather than risk-assessments..  They are also inviting individuals to break the act by knowingly working in a way that endangers themselves and others by telling them they can refuse to work unsafely if they like but not providing a scheme for reporting or for protecting the rights of those with concerns

6 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

https://www.thecanary.co/trending/2020/05/01/a-group-of-nurses-just-blocked-westminster-bridge-over-the-tory-ppe-scandal/

ignored by mainstream media, whilst we are swimming in fairy-tales about Boris' near death experience

NHS managers and the government are breaking the Health and Safety at Work act by failing to provide front-line staff with safe places of work, using guidelines as the basis for issue of PPE rather than risk-assessments..  They are also inviting individuals to break the act by knowingly working in a way that endangers themselves and others by telling them they can refuse to work unsafely if they like but not providing a scheme for reporting or for protecting the rights of those with concerns

Hmm not sure its a fairy tale, I suspect the guy was in a lot of danger. You don't go to Intensive Care with COVID-19  for a laugh. Need to up your game here.

Your second point is the same all over Europe. I think the same thing happened in Germany recently where there was a huge protest over PPE by nurses and doctors.

I'm not defending the government on this as I think in the final analysis of all of COVID-19 that planning will have been a major failure. Also wise to note that all political parties going into general elections of 2010 and 2014 did so on a platform of austerity. Granted there were differences in the austerity policy but Osborne after a few years started following Darling's policy which was pretty much on a par with SNP's !

40 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

ignored by mainstream media, whilst we are swimming in fairy-tales about Boris' near death experience. 

Every single country in the world is suffering PPE shortages.

In every crisis there are those who knuckle down to try and solve the problems right in front of them and there are those useless, screeching, noisy f**kers who flap around, getting in everyone's way frantically trying to find someone to blame.

6 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Every single country in the world is suffering PPE shortages.

In every crisis there are those who knuckle down to try and solve the problems right in front of them and there are those useless, screeching, noisy f**kers who flap around, getting in everyone's way frantically trying to find someone to blame.

That may be but this is a government which shamelessly changes the criteria midway through in order to look at though it’s winning. They did so with their announcement of the amount of PPE that they’d distributed. A hugely impressive large number was announced, and then it turned out that each glove had been counted individually, and items like paper tissues and cleaning products which aren’t usually considered to be PPE had been added to the totals in order to inflate them artificially and make this inept bunch of incompetents seem like they were doing some good. 

So add to your statement. There are those who think telling lies is the way to solve the problem.

Edited by stlucifer

4 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

That may be but this is a government which shamelessly changes the criteria midway through in order to look at though it’s winning. They did so with their announcement of the amount of PPE that they’d distributed. A hugely impressive large number was announced, and then it turned out that each glove had been counted individually, and items like paper tissues and cleaning products which aren’t usually considered to be PPE had been added to the totals in order to inflate them artificially and make this inept bunch of incompetents seem like they were doing some good. 

So add to your statement. There are those who think telling lies is the way to solve the problem.

Every government tells lies worldwide.