Coronavirus

faraway saint

1 hour ago, TPAFKATS said:

And he's back to quoting me and including me in posts despite having me on "ignore".

Glad I don't have a pet rabbit...

16 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Arbroath's answer to Glenn Close is seeking my attention again.

Please stop, my sides are killing me at this top class irony. :lol:

Ooops, forgot this classic....................:lol:

Eventually the knob from arbroath will get it right with his predictions regarding deaths. 

Edited by faraway saint

2 hours ago, saintnextlifetime said:

So , do you think your comment is somehow witty and rather droll or do you simply lack any differentiation. .

I was merely undermining the link you posted that somehow inferred this was some strange Chinese plot to take over the world.

Next you'll be suggesting we drink bleach. *

* Please don't.

Just seen an item on the news, a guy had just bought a new car before the furlough kicked in.

He then tells us he had trouble getting a 60 day payment holiday.

He saved the best bits for last, he said that his car payments are not paid for by the government......................:blink:

Also a THIRD of his salary is on car payments, aye 33% of his salary on a fecking car. :1eye

As my mother would have said.............hell mend him. :byebye

Todays number 436, from 288 yesterday. 

Getting to the numbers that will see the lockdown changed IMO. 

Apologies, worldometers, where I have used for almost all the numbers to try to be consistent, has updated todays numbers to 693

Certainly NOT the numbers that will see any changes to the current lockdown IMO.

Worth watching other countries very closely who have relaxed their lockdown.

image.png.0dd8822a304530054aa69d6360990180.png

Edited by faraway saint

22 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

1. It's the Sun so best start by assuming it's not accurate.
2. They acknowledge early in the article its care homes they are talking about. There are no hospitals or health boards mentioned.

3. Its unions sabre rattling, including my my own union which isn't mentioned in that specific article. They do at least acknowledge that it will be difficult to prove anyone caught covid19 from not having appropriate PPE as the virus is a pandemic and rife amongst the population.

Anecdotally there are claims that access to some ppe may have been difficult on occasion in certain hospitals. This included an intensive care consultant who claimed in daily record I think, there was no eye protection at Queen Elizabeth in Govan.
The health board, greater Glasgow and Clyde denied this was the case. His biggest gripe seemed to be no one had answered his email for 9 days.

There hasn't actually been no PPE for staff in NHS Scotland... Yet. It may come to that though due to world wide demand if there is another increase in cases resulting in folk being hospitalised.

Care homes are an entirely different story.

Hang on. You can't simultaneously criticise my source and then use it to try and prove your point. :lol:

I didn't say that any NHS hospital ran out. All I'm saying is that there have been PPE shortages in Scotland too. If Boris is to be criticised for shortages, so does Nicola.

I am criticising neither of them in this situation.

23 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Not mine no, but I pretty sure they swayed the minds of less informed people. I genuinely don’t mean that in an arrogant way. The demographic that won the vote for Better Together was the over 65s. It just so happens that (generally speaking and not in all cases) that age group are probably the age group that rely far more heavily on the mainstream media to help them form their views. 

The over 65s are not the group of people that SNP need to win independence ?

Most over 65s are entrenched in their views and if anything swing more to the right as they get older.

Think again blaming the wrong target, possibly your campaign didn't stand up to scrutiny overall ?

1 hour ago, lenziebud said:

Most over 65s are mature, more intelligent, wise and not blown by the wind of passing fashions like weans can be.

Think again blaming the wrong target, possibly your campaign didn't stand up to scrutiny overall ?

FIFY

:whistle

1 hour ago, lenziebud said:

Most over 65s are entrenched in their views and if anything swing more to the right as they get older.

Ach to be honest mate I have zero appetite for regurgitating a 6 year old argument other than to say I vehemently disagree with you. 
2014 knocked the stuffing out of me and left me bereft of most of my energies for the Indy fight. I probably invested far more emotionally than I should have and was left feeling cheated by several people and institutions that ought to have been impartial. I had my eyes well and truly opened to the lack of a level playing field and relentless misinformation and fake news spouted by the MSM. I find it hilarious that you suggest The Yes campaign didn’t stand up to scrutiny. The fact that 45% of people voted yes in spite of the biggest mainstream media campaign and downright lies spouted by trusted individuals is nothing short of a miracle. 2014 also saw the demise of any real interest I maintained in the National team after having been an avid supporter all my life. 

One thing is for certain, if another referendum comes around, I’ll be taking far less of an interest in it. It’s not worth the inevitable upset. 

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Ach to be honest mate I have zero appetite for regurgitating a 6 year old argument other than to say I vehemently disagree with you. 
2014 knocked the stuffing out of me and left me bereft of most of my energies for the Indy fight. I probably invested far more emotionally than I should have and was left feeling cheated by several people and institutions that ought to have been impartial. I had my eyes well and truly opened to the lack of a level playing field and relentless misinformation and fake news spouted by the MSM. I find it hilarious that you suggest The Yes campaign didn’t stand up to scrutiny. The fact that 45% of people voted yes in spite of the biggest mainstream media campaign and downright lies spouted by trusted individuals is nothing short of a miracle. 2014 also saw the demise of any real interest I maintained in the National team after having been an avid supporter all my life. 

One thing is for certain, if another referendum comes around, I’ll be taking far less of an interest in it. It’s not worth the inevitable upset. 

No you won't you will be out battling for it again as you passionately believe in it. 

Edited by lenziebud

36 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

So why did they all in the main vote against independence. Not sure you fixed anything ?

1.  I fixed your ageist crap as it was - as is all now-illegal discriminatory categorisation such as you offered - just... wrong.  Shallow thinkers create fictional generic groups and blame them for all the things rotten or unloved in their lives.  Not all of those over-65 are as you glibly described them .  helped fix your erroneous perspective.

2.  You just don't know who voted in what manner.  That's a broad, glib, unverified assertion - the kind that immature people under 65 might make.  :rolleyes:

3.  As independence was averted, I personally think that "Most over 65s are mature, more intelligent, wise and not blown by the wind of passing fashions like weans can be. " is a positive fix as I, as one of many 65+ers, have definitely swung further and further left. And most of the people I know in that age group are also unrepentant lefties.

I hope this helps?   :)

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Scientist Neil Ferguson resigns.

Broke lockdown to meet his married mistress.

FFS what is it with these people who think the rules only apply to everyone else?

One of the problems is the rules don't really make any sense, which is why a lot of people are breaking them to different degrees. Sturgeon today was saying people shouldn't go to the drive thru Costa for a coffee - how exactly is that risking a spread of the virus if you don't get out your car?

The current strategy assumes risk is the same everywhere, regardless of the situation and who's involved. School is very low risk while care homes are very high risk, yet schools are shut while those in care homes have been left to die.

Sturgeon today was saying people shouldn't go to the drive thru Costa for a coffee - how exactly is that risking a spread of the virus if you don't get out your car?

Let's be honest, what she was really saying was "Do you really think anyone stupid enough to spend two hours sitting in a car waiting for a cup of coffee should be allowed out?"

Might have been just me thinking that, mind.