Coronavirus

faraway saint

Guest TPAFKATS

https://www.audit-scotland.gov.uk/uploads/docs/report/2019/nr_191024_nhs_overview.pdf
Have a look at this relating to our under performing NHS. There are elements of it that are linked to insufficient planning affecting overall patient health. I happen to believe that the government should be spending more time sorting out the ills of the NHS, than rattling on about Indy 2.
Only the most obstinate individual would deny that it is possible that the insufficient level of planning for the current pandemic, given that it is a health related issue, could have been down to time being spent on IMO, less important Independence matters.

IMO you are clutching at straws unless you can show that health secretary, first minister or wider government were neglecting their contingency planning duties for the pandemic by focusing on independence.

NHS performance prior to this is a completely unrelated issue.

8 hours ago, antrin said:

That's interesting - and good.

They now seem to understand where it came from - it seemed a random, inexplicable happening for it to 'suddenly' arrive in that location on Skye.

The virus travelled round the world,why would it miss out Skye?

5 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

I initially thought that after the last GE but the current pandemic may be the defining event of this century and no-one knows how we will think in the aftermath - I personally hope for a Green/Red direction when we exit the Covid tunnel.

On the "have the SNP handled the pandemic well?" question - I'd say initially no but I think the convergence of the three smaller regions of the UK at the weekend put the brakes on BJs plans to relax the lockdown which has to be a good outcome. Certainly NS seems to be more "on top of her brief" :oohlala  than the parade of Tory Ministers down south!

All the hard decisions are ahead for Sturgeon. Very difficult to come out of lockdown. Lets see where Boris is when all the noise has gone away.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-52617895

3 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

IMO you are clutching at straws unless you can show that health secretary, first minister or wider government were neglecting their contingency planning duties for the pandemic by focusing on independence.

NHS performance prior to this is a completely unrelated issue.

No it isn't. :)

11 hours ago, lenziebud said:

All the hard decisions are ahead for Sturgeon. Very difficult to come out of lockdown. Lets see where Boris is when all the noise has gone away.

Just like her tax policy (1% above the Tories) she'll be 1% stricter on easing lockdown - there's really no mystery to Sturgeon. BJ will continue to test Abe Lincoln's apocryphal theory about fooling people.

10 hours ago, FTOF said:

I support independence, but I think the Scottish Government performance on this has been exposed. When you get behind the spin, their performance has, IMO, been almost as lamentable as the clown shoes government in Westminster. Lack of PPE, lack of testing, lockdown rules that don't make sense, financial "support" that is a mirage. Sturgeon talks better and gives off an aura of being more competent, but it doesn't mean she's doing a good job.

7 minutes ago, Hendo said:

I support independence, but I think the Scottish Government performance on this has been exposed. When you get behind the spin, their performance has, IMO, been almost as lamentable as the clown shoes government in Westminster. Lack of PPE, lack of testing, lockdown rules that don't make sense, financial "support" that is a mirage. Sturgeon talks better and gives off an aura of being more competent, but it doesn't mean she's doing a good job.

I think your underestimating the scale of what all governments are facing ?

I not convinced any government or leader of any political persuasion would perform any better.

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

Just like her tax policy (1% above the Tories) she'll be 1% stricter on easing lockdown - there's really no mystery to Sturgeon. BJ will continue to test Abe Lincoln's apocryphal theory about fooling people.

Isn't that what all politicians do ?

Do the general public want to hear the truth ?

Edited by lenziebud

12 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Lack of PPE, worldwide issue, not only for the UK.

I agree the NEW lockdown rules seem to have been rushed out and badly communicated but they are essentially what other countries have done.

My biggest issue, and I know I've said it a few times, is that the UK are still having high numbers so, IMO, the time is not right.

Financial support that is a mirage? :blink:

I, along with 6 million people, are getting 80% of their salary, which is far from a mirage. 

5 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

I not convinced any government or leader of any political persuasion would perform any better.

Overall, as this is a very unique situation, this has been a monumental task.

Errors have been made, some having more impact than others but it's a no win situation as some people are only highlighting the errors, ignoring the positives.

No surprise really, it's what some people do. 

Guest TPAFKATS
Once we are through this there will be an inquiry into what, when, who, how.
We need to review to learn from any mistakes which there will have been.