Coronavirus

faraway saint

5 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Which only confirms that stattos are all out erm at home getting blootered at the weekend, for something as important as this pandemic you'd think the government could have payed a bit of OT. The numbers the DoH are putting out on a daily basis are as useful as a chocolate teapot.

It doesn't really matter, at the end of the day it's the total and average that  gives some, not all, useful trend information.

Just now, oaksoft said:

Are people still quoting these fecking daily numbers and thinking they are meaningful? :1eye

These numbers haven't been trustworthy since we found out they weren't including deaths outside hospitals.

They are now, what's your point caller? :blink:

Funny how the same figures were useful for the clown that made the graph of the century? :lol:

Still hurting? :byebye

12 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Well then do some work and give us the total, the average & the trend.

Found this.

Unlike Oaky I looked at this and came to the conclusion that, and this is all my own work, we won't reach zero before the end of June.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-kingdom

image.thumb.png.c6d29904715459d267b63c2085f5c589.png

Edited by faraway saint

48 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I think we are looking at the next Prime Minister in the current Chancellor.

Extending the furlough AND maintaining the 80% is going to be a huge boost for business and employees.

He's right to hold the reduction to 60% until some release of the lockdown has happened.

Next but one or two !

Can't be another Tory election win surely ! 😀

Edited by lenziebud

2 hours ago, theknickerwetter said:

Wow . Oh dear

Who is verifying these figures ? What test are they using ? Is it the PCR test ? Is it the same test kits recently sent to the President of Tanzania ? Does the person veryifying the tests have a vested interest , like Hancock , Whitty , Tedros etc or is it just some random 'expert'? How are they getting on in Sweden , has the sky caked in yet ?

Great questions.

It was just another random expert in the Financial Times.

I think the FT just asks any old grunt in the street what they think then they publish shite.  They'd hate to be taken seriously like The Sun or Record.

(And I am led to believe that the sky in Sweden has not caked in.)

I hope this helps?  :)

Surprised some of the gloom merchants haven't seen/heard about this programme shown on BBC Scotland last night?

If the programme had been aimed at the PM I wonder if it would have gone unnoticed on here? 

Sturgeon got this fired at her at todays press conference and, overall, dealt with it pretty well.

It's another attempt to blame politicians for a slow response at the start of this mess.

Lots of claims, the blame game in full swing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-52617895

More than 2,000 coronavirus deaths could have been prevented if Scotland had locked down two weeks earlier, according to a new study.

A team of epidemiological scientists at University of Edinburgh produced the findings, which feature in a BBC Disclosure investigation.

They suggest the death rate in Scotland could have been reduced by about 80% with earlier action.

Experts also told Disclosure the UK as a whole should have acted earlier.

The Scottish government said its actions had been guided by the best and most up-to-date scientific advice.

The BBC Disclosure programme, which was broadcast on Monday night, also reveals there were multiple transmissions of the virus in Edinburgh in February, well before the first confirmed cases in Scotland, but this was not disclosed to the public.

And a Glasgow family has told of their devastation after three grandparents were taken by the virus.

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Surprised some of the gloom merchants haven't seen/heard about this programme shown on BBC Scotland last night?

If the programme had been aimed at the PM I wonder if it would have gone unnoticed on here? 

Sturgeon got this fired at her at todays press conference and, overall, dealt with it pretty well.

It's another attempt to blame politicians for a slow response at the start of this mess.

Lots of claims, the blame game in full swing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-52617895

More than 2,000 coronavirus deaths could have been prevented if Scotland had locked down two weeks earlier, according to a new study.

A team of epidemiological scientists at University of Edinburgh produced the findings, which feature in a BBC Disclosure investigation.

They suggest the death rate in Scotland could have been reduced by about 80% with earlier action.

Experts also told Disclosure the UK as a whole should have acted earlier.

The Scottish government said its actions had been guided by the best and most up-to-date scientific advice.

The BBC Disclosure programme, which was broadcast on Monday night, also reveals there were multiple transmissions of the virus in Edinburgh in February, well before the first confirmed cases in Scotland, but this was not disclosed to the public.

And a Glasgow family has told of their devastation after three grandparents were taken by the virus.

I posted a link to it last night in this very topic.:)

9 minutes ago, theknickerwetter said:

. .. . .well if it's on Channel 4 news  it must be true , right ? Otherwise they wouldn't be allowed to say it , right?

Did you know that on average , 17% of people in this country believe what they read in a newspaper , 17%.

So who to invest more faith in...?

A sporadic poster using a nom de plume on an obscure Scottish fitba website 

or

the FT and C4?

tricky call.

17 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I think we are looking at the next Prime Minister in the current Chancellor.

Extending the furlough AND maintaining the 80% is going to be a huge boost for business and employees.

He's right to hold the reduction to 60% until some release of the lockdown has happened.

I really can't see him defecting to the labour party.

1 hour ago, TPAFKATS said:

Accountancy giant put in charge of PPE procurement accused of failings.
https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/dark-money-investigations/useless-deloitte-accused-of-ppe-failings-amid-covid-19-deal-secrecy/

Was it deliotte who investigated and cleared SPFL over last months voting fiasco?

The rangers will be preparing a statement

https://www.consultancy.uk/news/24472/deloitte-criticised-for-covid-19-testing-role