Coronavirus

faraway saint

1 hour ago, GMan said:

That's very interesting, actually. Are the figures female/male or male/female? 

How amazing it would be if 99.99% of blokes got killed, and left me with millions of horny chicks. I have to beat them off with a shitty stick as it is, but it would be like the Lynx advert....phwoar! 

male / female

As a lesbian myself, I need to fight off horny females everyday

1 hour ago, Cookie Monster said:

Another fcuked up statement from Boris and Cummings

BBC News - Government backtracks on French quarantine exemption
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52682411

I'd imagine the next backtracking will be in relation to schools in England being allowed to open on the 1st of June.

Edited by FTOF

42 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I'd imagine the next backtracking will be in relation to schools in England being allowed to open on the 1st of June.

BMA backing teachers concerns...

The British Medical Association has thrown its weight behind teaching unions opposing the government’s push to reopen schools in England, as the debate over millions of pupils returning to classrooms grew increasingly acrimonious.

44 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Coronavirus is the perfect excuse for all these work shy leftie teachers to get an even longer holiday than they’re already used to

6 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

Coronavirus is the perfect excuse for all these work shy leftie teachers to get an even longer holiday than they’re already used to

I'll give you "work shy", but "leftie"? That's taking it too far.:booty

I see the BBC headlining with news that the made up R number has increased and it’s been driven upwards by care homes

Lets take a hypothetical example

1,000 are infected in the community and pass it on to 2 people

1,000 are infected in care homes and pass it on to 3 people

The R number is therefore 2.5

Now let’s say both the number infected and the R number in both reduce

You now have 100 infected in the community and they pass it on to 1 person each

And there are 900 infected in care homes and they now pass it on to 2.8 people each

the R number is now 2.62

So, despite the number infected and the R number in both communities dropping, the total R number has gone up

Go figure....

39 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

I see the BBC headlining with news that the made up R number has increased and it’s been driven upwards by care homes

Lets take a hypothetical example

1,000 are infected in the community and pass it on to 2 people

1,000 are infected in care homes and pass it on to 3 people

The R number is therefore 2.5

Now let’s say both the number infected and the R number in both reduce

You now have 100 infected in the community and they pass it on to 1 person each

And there are 900 infected in care homes and they now pass it on to 2.8 people each

the R number is now 2.62

So, despite the number infected and the R number in both communities dropping, the total R number has gone up

Go figure....

I don't think they are suggesting that the R number should be looked at in isolation. Its just another data point to consider along side others. Your example is a good example to show why the R number can't be looked at alone.

10 hours ago, LargsBud said:

I don't think they are suggesting that the R number should be looked at in isolation. Its just another data point to consider along side others. Your example is a good example to show why the R number can't be looked at alone.

It's a convenient number that gives politicians a point for the public to focus upon. Given the variable quality of collection and presentation of data and the volume it's being churned out at, it's much easier for the general public to deal with one single figure as a measure of how well or badly things are going. 

In reality, as  has been pointed out, it's subject to so many different factors, that you have to question how valid it is.

42 minutes ago, FTOF said:

It's a convenient number that gives politicians a point for the public to focus upon. Given the variable quality of collection and presentation of data and the volume it's being churned out at, it's much easier for the general public to deal with one single figure as a measure of how well or badly things are going. 

In reality, as  has been pointed out, it's subject to so many different factors, that you have to question how valid it is.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/government-publishes-latest-r-number

The R number is estimated and relies on data that is 3 weeks old

The calculation also includes deaths and, as can be seen by my gender analysis of deaths, this includes the over reporting of CV deaths which are being used to cover up the enormous collateral number of deaths caused by shutting down the NHS.

Infections gives us a good idea of where we are and when you factor in the massive increase in testing now compared with back in March, we can see that this virus appears to be petering out.

Had we been doing the same amount of testing from February onwards as we are now, I suspect the peak would have been early March and far higher than the peak shown here. 

And the thing is, this graph follows the same curve all over the world regardless of the measures taken.

2D677249-41BD-447D-B59E-6C3A23911A9A.jpeg

Edited by Sue Denim

On 5/15/2020 at 9:33 PM, Sue Denim said:

You are an arse. As a conscientious teacher who thinks of her choice as a vocation rather than just a job, my daughter is working twice as hard as she normally does to ensure her charges in all years have an opportunity to continue their learning. She is juggling this with looking after her own children. She would be delighted to be back in the classroom teaching in front of the children. Added to this she has felt the weight of responsibility in evaluating those who were due to sit exams to decide the grades of those children. It's a responsibility you could neither comprehend nor execute. People like you should have their crayons hidden in a place out of reach.

54 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

You are an arse. As a conscientious teacher who thinks of her choice as a vocation rather than just a job, my daughter is working twice as hard as she normally does to ensure her charges in all years have an opportunity to continue their learning. She is juggling this with looking after her own children. She would be delighted to be back in the classroom teaching in front of the children. Added to this she has felt the weight of responsibility in evaluating those who were due to sit exams to decide the grades of those children. It's a responsibility you could neither comprehend nor execute. People like you should have their crayons hidden in a place out of reach.

You're an abusive waster. 

2 hours ago, stlucifer said:

As much as I agree with what you have written, as it sounds similar to what I'm doing, SD's comment was aimed at me specifically, hence why I responded in the flippant manner that I did.

Edited by FTOF

5 hours ago, stlucifer said:

My post was a joke directed at FTOF, who is a teacher and who I personally know.

I have a large supply of crayons so no need to worry. 

Edited by Sue Denim

3 hours ago, FTOF said:

As much as I agree with what you have written, as it sounds similar to what I'm doing, SD's comment was aimed at me specifically, hence why I responded in the flippant manner that I did.

And you specifically are a work shy leftie who wants an extended holiday!!

I’m just work shy...

Edited by Sue Denim

Been doing some more number crunching.

The gender split of hospital Covid deaths is 61/39, male / female.

The latest WHO weekly report gives a split of 59/4.

If we assume a 60/40 split and assume that all other deaths are 50/50, then, looking at ONS stats from week 12 onwards for England and Wales, we get 16,400 COVID deaths and 30,000 non Covid collateral excess deaths.

I subject the gender split is higher. If we use the WHO gender split of ICU admissions which is 70/30 then we get 9,500 Covid deaths and 37,000 non Covid collateral excess deaths.

This quite staggering.

The government decision to ‘protect the NHS’ is turning out to be a catastrophe.