Coronavirus

faraway saint

12 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:
20 hours ago, lenziebud said:
No he is a return to Labour being electable ? That is not necessarily being Blairite ?

In the current political climate, the two are pretty well linked.

I agree. Corbyn almost bucked the recent historical trend in the election before last. I think a combination of "Get Brexit done", the Brexit party only fighting labour held seats, internal squabble and not nipping things like accusations of antisemitism caused his downfall last time around. The biggest one, IMO, was EU exit and the Brexit party's decision to basically vote share with the tories.

Edited by stlucifer

53 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I agree. Corbyn almost bucked the recent historical trend in the election before last. I think a combination of "Get Brexit done", the Brexit party only fighting labour held seats, internal squabble and not nipping things like accusations of antisemitism caused his downfall last time around. The biggest one, IMO, was EU exit and the Brexit party's decision to basically vote share with the tories.

Biggest hurdle for Labour was (is) the tax-avoiding, non-domiciled owners of theBritish press.

36 minutes ago, antrin said:

Biggest hurdle for Labour was (is) the tax-avoiding, non-domiciled owners of theBritish press.

Even with there scrutiny of all things Corbyn he came within a whisker of winning an election. A lot of people agreed with a lot of labours policies but with the Brexit party running against only non conservative held seats, it was always going to be impossible to improve or even repeat his previous result. There were too many of the natural labour supporters drawn to THAT slogan and believing the myth that all our troubles were due to immigrants. 

Even better if some eejit thought he was going on holiday soon. [emoji38]
On the subject of hols, finally got voucher code from TUI (after a kicking they got about their processes in mainstream and social media) refund applied for only another 4 weeks to wait to get cash back [emoji3]

5 hours ago, faraway saint said:

This'll cheer Oaky up no end.....................:rolleyes:

While I believe this has given considerable moral support in extremely difficult times for the NHS and other workers it's run it's course. 

This public support shouldn't be underestimated IMO.

Providing people with this level of recognition, short term, is immeasurable. 

The architect of the weekly “clap for carers” gesture has said next Thursday’s show of support should be the last, amid concerns the event has become politicised.

Annemarie Plas, a Dutch national living in South London, said she was “overwhelmed” by the support for the cacophonous ritual, but said it was better to stop when it was at “its peak”.

She told the PA news agency: “I think it’s good to have the last of the series next Thursday, because to have the most impact I think it is good to stop it at its peak.

“Without getting too political, I share some of the opinions that some people have about it becoming politicised.

“I think the narrative is starting to change and I don’t want the clap to be negative.”

2 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Finger on the pulse. 😅😅😅

52 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Blimey. It's as though I had written that myself.

Nice to see that the attention whore who started all this clapping nonsense wants it to stop this coning week.

Presumably she doesn't want her "legacy" to be ruined.

Edited by oaksoft

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

https://www.cathlabdigest.com/content/study-reports-staggering-13-death-rate-us-among-those-infected-who-show-symptoms

Interesting recently concluded and peer reviewed study. 

"COVID-19 infection is deadlier than flu -- we can put that debate to rest,"

Yes Johns Hopkins has had the international death rate up for ages and it clearly is much deadlier that the flu. Also looking at excess deaths in the UK around +50% of normal. No flu has ever done anything like that. 

This is actually really important because it shows the consequences of following the "herd immunity" policy. Which is still being pushed in some quarters. 

Edited by insaintee

One way of stopping a nose bleed is to have your head cut off. But no one would think that sensible, would they? In fact, it would be lunacy. Yet that is what the UK and Scottish govt me have done to us over #Covid19 . They’ve destroyed our lives. And what’s even worse: we’ve let them do it.

Edited by Sue Denim

5 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

One way of stopping a nose bleed is to have your head cut off. But no one would think that sensible, would they? In fact, it would be lunacy. Yet that is what the UK and Scottish govt me have done to us over #Covid19 . They’ve destroyed our lives. And what’s even worse: we’ve let them do it.

I'd like to stop your nose bleeding. :rolleyes:

19 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Reckon plenty on here would want to start what you want to stop   :boxing

Deary me, the latest Cowardly internet hardman threatening violence 😂

oooh I’m scared 😂

Talking of cowardly internet hardmen, I hope  @Cookie Monster has done his bit to protect the NHS by not putting too many people in hospital 😂

7 hours ago, antrin said:

Alastair Campbell dealt with them.

Not going away so time to work out how to beat it rather than complain about it and not address your own party failings  ?

Edited by lenziebud