Coronavirus

faraway saint

8 hours ago, stlucifer said:

I agree. Corbyn almost bucked the recent historical trend in the election before last. I think a combination of "Get Brexit done", the Brexit party only fighting labour held seats, internal squabble and not nipping things like accusations of antisemitism caused his downfall last time around. The biggest one, IMO, was EU exit and the Brexit party's decision to basically vote share with the tories.

Deluded.

Its actually painful reading it

Edited by lenziebud

The height of the pandemic in the UK was at the beginning of April.
We are now at the tail end of the curve. 

It's normal on the way up and exponential on the way down. If you need an explanation of this then give me a shout @oaksoft 😂

How much flatter does the curve need to be @oaksoft? 😂

20121856-FC4C-490D-8B37-B5BD8B6A6B76.jpeg

Edited by Sue Denim

24 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Deluded.

Its actually painful reading it

Deluded In what way? I never suggested Corbyn would have won. I merely pointed out what DID happen which ensured he had no chance of repeating his achievement. Are you saying any of what I said was untrue?

3 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Just under 3000 new cases in a day reported in todays briefing.

Very consistent with the ratio of cases/death numbers Italy had about 3 weeks ago. (I know, apples/oranges) 

I'm slightly surprised the cases are still on a downward trend after the mass outings a few weeks ago. 

2 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

Deary me, the latest Cowardly internet hardman threatening violence 😂

oooh I’m scared 😂

Talking of cowardly internet hardmen, I hope  @Cookie Monster has done his bit to protect the NHS by not putting too many people in hospital 😂

:lol:   You need to lighten up FFS   

Deary me, the latest Cowardly internet hardman threatening violence [emoji23]
oooh I’m scared [emoji23]
Talking of cowardly internet hardmen, I hope  [mention=15909]Cookie Monster[/mention] has done his bit to protect the NHS by not putting too many people in hospital [emoji23]

Just remember what one of us had family members screwing the NHS out of money and did nothing about it.

PS, it wasn't me.

So Andy, you going to get this post deleted and/or grass me to your pal.

19 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

The height of the pandemic in the UK was at the beginning of April.
We are now at the tail end of the curve. 

It's normal on the way up and exponential on the way down. If you need an explanation of this then give me a shout @oaksoft 😂

How much flatter does the curve need to be @oaksoft? 😂

20121856-FC4C-490D-8B37-B5BD8B6A6B76.jpeg

How do you think that curve would look without lockdown? 

35 minutes ago, theknickerwetter said:

How do you think it would have looked without junk science Lockup?

I don’t know if I’d blame science for this. Lessons learned in the implementation & paths taking by politicians on that science sure but not specifically science. 

3 hours ago, bazil85 said:

I don’t know if I’d blame science for this. Lessons learned in the implementation & paths taking by politicians on that science sure but not specifically science. 

The problem is not with science, which is messy and full of apparent contradictions, but the endless stream of idiots who try and use it to suit their own agendas.

We should stop expecting science to produce certainty. It's simply not designed for that.

School teachers should educate kids on what science can and cannot tell you. At least that way, the next generation become more educated than the last.

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

The problem is not with science, which is messy and full of apparent contradictions, but the endless stream of idiots who try and use it to suit their own agendas.

We should stop expecting science to produce certainty. It's simply not designed for that.

School teachers should educate kids on what science can and cannot tell you. At least that way, the next generation become more educated than the last.

The problem is massively with science as there are so many so called scientific experts peddling utter drivel nobody knows where to turn.

Scientists are not immune from being classed as idiots. 

Fatalities and cases at a level not seen since the very early days of this situation..

The doors wide open for starting to open up more areas, drip feeding the return to closer to a level before this epidemic.

Noticed the Channel Islands have successfully overcome this virus, and are now opening up public businesses. 

Maybe @TPAFKA Jersey 2 can provide a real insight? 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Fatalities and cases at a level not seen since the very early days of this situation..

The doors wide open for starting to open up more areas, drip feeding the return to closer to a level before this epidemic.

Noticed the Channel Islands have successfully overcome this virus, and are now opening up public businesses. 

Maybe @TPAFKA Jersey 2 can provide a real insight? 

Yes. I think we’ve had literally a couple of new cases in the last couple of weeks and only about 6 live cases in the hospital. 20 odd deaths in total all bar one of which have been very elderly.

We came out of lockdown a couple of weeks ago. We are allowed out for as long as we like. Shops are open again as are restaurants and pubs, albeit only al fresco areas and with social distancing. I went out for a meal on Friday night for my birthday with my wife and daughter. Felt a bit weird, but enjoyable nonetheless. 
Since the relaxation there has been no more than a couple of new cases. Fingers crossed it will stay that way.

Guernsey is poised to reopen its borders again and I don’t think we’ll be far behind them. 

12 hours ago, oaksoft said:

They do, and have done for years.

It's something that I and my staff spend a lot of time on.

I always tell pupils to go and research data/information and make their own minds up about something and not just accept everything that they are told. Evolution is the one that I find sparks the most controversy.

The problem is that everyone is so "spoon fed" these days, that most people just accept what they see on the internet or in the papers as being unquestionably true or they're too f**king lazy to look anything up and want others to do it for them.

40 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

When will Nicola Sturgeon take responsibility for her policy of throwing elderly care home residents out of hospital and back into care homes, thus killing 000?

She should stand trial along with Boris for crimes against humanity and man slaughter 

To be fair that's been a UK wide practice.

A few care homes, in both Scotland and England,that I know of had untested patients that were forced upon them in this manner. The care home managers and the company asked the NHS to test them, but they refused to do so. The care homes tried to refuse the patients, but the NHS contacted the care commission, and the care homes were forced to take the patients. The patients proved to be covid positive and unfortunately they died. Fortunately, the standards were so high in most of the affected care homes, that a spread to the existing residents did not occur. However, the deaths will now be attributed to the companies responsible, through no fault of their own and patients that could have been treated in hospital, if they had been tested, have now died.

Edited by FTOF