Coronavirus

faraway saint

7 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

Throwing elderly care home patients out of hospitals and forcing nursing homes to take them in

Absolutely disgusting. Sturgeon must resign. 

I direct you to the post made immediately before yours.

4 hours ago, FTOF said:

To be fair that's been a UK wide practice.

9 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

Throwing elderly care home patients out of hospitals and forcing nursing homes to take them in

Absolutely disgusting. Sturgeon must resign. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-52795993

And I direct you to this statement.

She(Ms Sturgeon) said: "These older people, so called delayed discharges had no medical need to be in hospital.

"At that point we were getting ready for what we considered to be a tsunami of coronavirus cases into our hospitals, and our hospitals as it turned out were under huge pressure.

"It would have exposed older people to enormous risk to leave them in hospitals at that point.

"People say there should have been more testing and that is again a legitimate question, but what we knew then about the efficacy of testing asymptomatic people is different to what we know now.

"At every stage we have done what we thought was best based on the knowledge that we had a at the time. Of course mistakes will have been made and we learn as our knowledge of this virus increases. But the suggestion that any of us acted recklessly or without due care and attention to older people is frankly one that is not true."

You,of course, did not need hindsight as you would have relied on your crystal ball.

Looking at the England & Wales ONS mortality stats today

deaths in care homes

8,288 Covid deaths

9,689 excess non Covid deaths

So, protecting the NHS has killed more of our must vulnerable part of the population than the virus

Staggering

End the lockdown now! 

25 minutes ago, theknickerwetter said:

Charming , l don't think we need any fine detail on the kind of life you lead .

I obviously over estimated your I.Q. ..............more like under 75 methinks

Yes, I deeply care what your opinion of me is. :1eye

Edited by oaksoft

According to the Intensive Care National Audit and Research Centre, more than 70% of patients admitted to critical care units in England, Wales and Northern Ireland have been male.

So, if 70% admitted to ICUs were male you’d maybe expect 70% of Covid deaths to be male? In hospitals, it’s 61% male deaths. And the last 2 weeks have seen total deaths from all causes being just 49% male.

Its quite obvious that Covid is being used as a cover to mask the huge number of non Covid excess deaths caused by the lockdown, particularly in card homes. 

Todays number 121, quite a surprise.

The figures over the last week or so have been encouraging.

More tweaking the current measures on the way soon.

Look out Channel Islands, we're after the same "normal" you've got soon.

TBH Scotland are dragging their heels.

The numbers in Scotland are easily in the area we should be making considerable changes. 

2 hours ago, smcc said:

And I direct you to this statement.

She(Ms Sturgeon) said: "These older people, so called delayed discharges had no medical need to be in hospital.

"At that point we were getting ready for what we considered to be a tsunami of coronavirus cases into our hospitals, and our hospitals as it turned out were under huge pressure.

"It would have exposed older people to enormous risk to leave them in hospitals at that point.

"People say there should have been more testing and that is again a legitimate question, but what we knew then about the efficacy of testing asymptomatic people is different to what we know now.

"At every stage we have done what we thought was best based on the knowledge that we had a at the time. Of course mistakes will have been made and we learn as our knowledge of this virus increases. But the suggestion that any of us acted recklessly or without due care and attention to older people is frankly one that is not true."

You,of course, did not need hindsight as you would have relied on your crystal ball.

I read the article, you didn’t need to direct me anywhere!

Throwing elderly people with Covid into care homes and denying care home residents access to NHS treatment has killed thousands of people.

Its absolutely sickening and how anyone can even think of defending it is beyond comprehension.

Sturgeon must go. 

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Todays number 121, quite a surprise.

The figures over the last week or so have been encouraging.

More tweaking the current measures on the way soon.

Look out Channel Islands, we're after the same "normal" you've got soon.

TBH Scotland are dragging their heels.

The numbers in Scotland are easily in the area we should be making considerable changes. 

Opening up all over Europe. No increase in infections.

End the lockdown now. 

1 minute ago, Sue Denim said:

Throwing elderly people with Covid into care homes and denying care home residents access to NHS treatment has killed thousands of people.

Its absolutely sickening and how anyone can even think of defending it is beyond comprehension.

Sturgeon must go. 

I doubt whether you read it properly!

And you are , of course, using you retrospectoscope.

10 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

According to the Intensive Care National Audit and Research Centre, more than 70% of patients admitted to critical care units in England, Wales and Northern Ireland have been male.

So, if 70% admitted to ICUs were male you’d maybe expect 70% of Covid deaths to be male? In hospitals, it’s 61% male deaths. And the last 2 weeks have seen total deaths from all causes being just 49% male.

Its quite obvious that Covid is being used as a cover to mask the huge number of non Covid excess deaths caused by the lockdown, particularly in card homes. 

All this shows is that Covid 19 is not the only cause of death in care homes. Even before Covid people died of other causes.

Edited by smcc

Sturgeon must go. 

What specific NHS treatments have been denied?

FFS what was I thinking, he doesn't answer questions. [emoji848]

On 4/3/2020 at 11:58 AM, faraway saint said:

A technicality, feck her. 

Erm, is it this woman you're talking about - if so the conviction was deemed unsafe & quashed.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coronavirus/coronavirus-how-woman-loitering-at-train-station-was-wrongfully-convicted-in-shambolic-case/ar-BB125zrP?ocid=spartanntp

Like you said back in April the only response to people like SuperDom who escape conviction due to flaws in the hastily drawn up legislation is "A technicality, feck him"  (sic) - if it wasn't for his incompetence he'd be gone already! 

Edited by Bud the Baker

9 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Erm, is it this woman you're talking about - if so the conviction was deemed unsafe & quashed.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coronavirus/coronavirus-how-woman-loitering-at-train-station-was-wrongfully-convicted-in-shambolic-case/ar-BB125zrP?ocid=spartanntp

Like you said back in April the only response to people like SuperDom who escape conviction due to flaws in the hastily drawn up legislation is "A technicality, feck him"  (sic) - if it wasn't for his incompetence he'd be gone already! 

Oh, aye, almost an identical situation, in your sad desperate world. 😂😂😂

7 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Oh, aye, almost an identical situation, in your sad desperate world. 😂😂😂

It is identical they both got off in a technicality yet you criticise one and defend another in your sad, desperate and obsequious world.  😂😂😂 

Edited by Bud the Baker

Just now, Cookie Monster said:
1 hour ago, faraway saint said:
Numbers staying low, opening up the path for more changes to the rules.
image.png.ec7b112b2895196c3d06b522e4e0bb16.png
Scotlands numbers also dropping like a stone..........................looking forward to considerable changes tomorrow from Sturgeon. 

Im guessing that Phase 2 will be 2/3 weeks.

If they would miss out a stage you might get your holiday. :rolleyes: