Coronavirus

faraway saint

Guest TPAFKATS
There hasn't been a second wave anywhere in the world.
We're not the only country run by an idiot.
So what's the conclusion?
South Korea had a second lot of cases. I hesitate to call either a wave as they controlled their first lot very well. More like first and second ripples?

8 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

South Korea had a second lot of cases. I hesitate to call either a wave as they controlled their first lot very well. More like first and second ripples?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/spike-south-korea-coronavirus-cases-prompts-alarm-new-crackdown-n1216266

5 minutes ago, FTOF said:

The headline doesn't match the numbers and action being taken.

It is a sign that they are on top of tracing new cases, even naming a single company as the likelihood as the centre of this cluster. 

79 new cases from 51m people isn't even a "ripple" 

“But basically, I don’t expect huge changes made to the infection prevention policy direction,” 

30 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Just wait to we have our ripple 😀

4 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:
8 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I thought it was a spike of under 100 cases which would probably not attract any attention but everyone is hypersensitive right now.

Today plenty of people can officially enjoy golf, tennis, fishing, bowls and sunbathing.

Also, this idea you can NOW "meet" other members of your family in public places..............................WTF.

So, before today I could bump into, literally, any stranger in a supermarket but you were not allowed to see a family member while maintaining this magic 2m distance?

What a load of mince, playing at it to look like they, the government, are doing the right thing, that's what this is about. 

Do they really think that people that have family living close by have not "seen" them in the last 9 - 10 weeks? 

6 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Today plenty of people can officially enjoy golf, tennis, fishing, bowls and sunbathing.

Also, this idea you can NOW "meet" other members of your family in public places..............................WTF.

So, before today I could bump into, literally, any stranger in a supermarket but you were not allowed to see a family member while maintaining this magic 2m distance?

What a load of mince, playing at it to look like they, the government, are doing the right thing, that's what this is about. 

Do they really think that people that have family living close by have not "seen" them in the last 9 - 10 weeks? 

I have often said that we’re being led by a Buffoon, but you argued against that.

are you belatedly coming round to reality?

13 hours ago, faraway saint said:

The headline doesn't match the numbers and action being taken.

It is a sign that they are on top of tracing new cases, even naming a single company as the likelihood as the centre of this cluster. 

79 new cases from 51m people isn't even a "ripple" 

“But basically, I don’t expect huge changes made to the infection prevention policy direction,” 

They are shutting schools in the area where most of the cases have arisen. Seems a very sensible containment move, and one which I'm sure will be employed by other countries if the same thing happens.

1. Quote

1. More than 200 schools across South Korea are forced to return to online teaching just days after being allowed back in classrooms
    2. Most of the affected schools are in an area outside of Seoul which has seen a fresh outbreak of the virus

19 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Close enough, apologies. :wink:

Naw, naw...

No need for apologies.

You live in Arbroath.  I appreciate that your knowledge of the world is severely limited.

Plus you've taken the philosophy of Father Ted Crilly too literally, perhaps you even thought it was all about you, faraway?

Just because Arbroath seems faraway from London, doesn't mean Arbroath is massive.  It isn't.  Not even in comparison with a suburb of London, such as Chingford where the last few days there have been OPEN pubs and restaurants as I'd said...

London is genuinely a massive place with lots more things happening there than anyone in Arbroath might conceive of...

Last night, draught beer was close to me.  So close it was as good as inside me.  :)

It is served in plastic pint measures, which then has a film lid sealed on top, for ease of non-spill transportation to the nearest golf tee in the Forest.

ETA: There were about 20-30 (mostly lads) standing in the smallish 'beer garden' and along the street outside the pub.  A few other folk joined us in the forest option.  And, I'd guess, lots just took it home.

Instinctively... we indulged in a second pint.

(Those in the pic below, are them.)

beer2.jpg

Edited by antrin

1 hour ago, antrin said:

Naw, naw...

No need for apologies.

You live in Arbroath.  I appreciate that your knowledge of the world is severely limited.

Plus you've taken the philosophy of Father Ted Crilly too literally, perhaps you even thought it was all about you, faraway?

Just because Arbroath seems faraway from London, doesn't mean Arbroath is massive.  It isn't.  Not even in comparison with a suburb of London, such as Chingford where the last few days there have been OPEN pubs and restaurants as I'd said...

London is genuinely a massive place with lots more things happening there than anyone in Arbroath might conceive of...

Last night, draught beer was close to me.  So close it was as good as inside me.  :)

It is served in plastic pint measures, which then has a film lid sealed on top, for ease of non-spill transportation to the nearest golf tee in the Forest.

ETA: There were about 20-30 (mostly lads) standing in the smallish 'beer garden' and along the street outside the pub.  A few other folk joined us in the forest option.  And, I'd guess, lots just took it home.

beer2.jpg

Stopped reading after 5 seconds. 

Condescending prick. 🤡

Guest TPAFKATS
I thought it was a spike of under 100 cases which would probably not attract any attention but everyone is hypersensitive right now.
Yeah, in comparison to their overall cases it was a significant amount though.

Guest TPAFKATS

Excess deaths have spiked up again in all regions of England along with Wales and N. Ireland.
3 weeks after VE day.

Scotland seems to be the exception by not having a 'tick' upwards on the graph.

4 hours ago, antrin said:

Naw, naw...

No need for apologies.

beer2.jpg

Plastic for recycle I hope  :whistle

1 hour ago, TPAFKATS said:

Excess deaths have spiked up again in all regions of England along with Wales and N. Ireland.
3 weeks after VE day.

Scotland seems to be the exception by not having a 'tick' upwards on the graph.

Where are you getting those numbers?

As far as I can tell there's been no significant increase in either daily deaths or new infections.

4 hours ago, oaksoft said:

As far as I can tell there's been no significant increase in either daily deaths or new infections.

He's one of the hyenas that scramble around trying to find a negative, with only a political angle.

He posted that much shite on here I'm surprised he's not got cholera. :rolleyes:

12 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Yip, one doctor just on TV spouting we could have waited another few weeks before changing the lockdown. :lol:

Some clown of a scientist/professor, aye imagine that, claiming relaxation in the UK is too early.

Now, that might be a decent guess but he quoted the CURRENT cases in Italy against the current cases in the UK.

It seems to have slipped his mind Italy started easing restrictions almost a month ago.:1eye

Edited by faraway saint

Guest TPAFKATS
It's the UK Gov own figures, or rather graphs. They split it up into 3 devolved nations and regions of England. Wee spikes all over England.

The graph the NHS England dude spoke to yesterday showed a spike for England over last few days, while he said figures continued to fall.
Here's the death figures as a comparison.

Spain 2
Italy 87
Germany 24
France 52
Turkey 28
Belgium 42
Sweden 84
Portugal 14
Ireland 6
Poland 13
Romania 13
Hungary 8
Netherlands 28

UK ... 324

Johnson moves onto easing lockdown another level while his scientific advisors say no. Schools back on Monday, so folk can go to work.

10 points to Gryffindor