Coronavirus

faraway saint

54 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

It's the UK Gov own figures, or rather graphs. They split it up into 3 devolved nations and regions of England. Wee spikes all over England.

The graph the NHS England dude spoke to yesterday showed a spike for England over last few days, while he said figures continued to fall.
Here's the death figures as a comparison.

Spain 2
Italy 87
Germany 24
France 52
Turkey 28
Belgium 42
Sweden 84
Portugal 14
Ireland 6
Poland 13
Romania 13
Hungary 8
Netherlands 28

UK ... 324

Johnson moves onto easing lockdown another level while his scientific advisors say no. Schools back on Monday, so folk can go to work.

10 points to Gryffindor

Aye, very impressive...........................although everybody knows the UK were later to have the virus. 

Just before Italy changed their lockdown measures the death rates were similar to ours. 

Italy had a small "spike" just after changing their lockdown and another very small increase just over a week later which quickly reverted back to a steady decline.

Will the UK? Who knows. 

When do you suggest things start to go back to "normal" and on the schools issue, I believe if the Scottish schools were not so close to closing for the summer they would be back, or going back, soon as well. 

PS Here's some other death figures.............

USA 1,212

Brazil 1,180

Mexico 447

India 269

All as irrelevant as the figures you posted.

Here to help. 

Edited by faraway saint

3 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

It's the UK Gov own figures, or rather graphs. They split it up into 3 devolved nations and regions of England. Wee spikes all over England.

The graph the NHS England dude spoke to yesterday showed a spike for England over last few days, while he said figures continued to fall.
Here's the death figures as a comparison.

Spain 2
Italy 87
Germany 24
France 52
Turkey 28
Belgium 42
Sweden 84
Portugal 14
Ireland 6
Poland 13
Romania 13
Hungary 8
Netherlands 28

UK ... 324

Johnson moves onto easing lockdown another level while his scientific advisors say no. Schools back on Monday, so folk can go to work.

10 points to Gryffindor

What sort of spike sizes are you talking about?

Have you got a link to that data?

Guest TPAFKATS
It's the government's own published data showing deaths rising again. I'm not sure why you need a link to it. Google is your friend. I've got sunshine to enjoy.

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, very impressive...........................although everybody knows the UK were later to have the virus. 

Just before Italy changed their lockdown measures the death rates were similar to ours. 

Italy had a small "spike" just after changing their lockdown and another very small increase just over a week later which quickly reverted back to a steady decline.

Will the UK? Who knows. 

When do you suggest things start to go back to "normal" and on the schools issue, I believe if the Scottish schools were not so close to closing for the summer they would be back, or going back, soon as well. 

PS Here's some other death figures.............

USA 1,212

Brazil 1,180

Mexico 447

India 269

All as irrelevant as the figures you posted.

Here to help. 

@oaksoft, he making something out of nothing.................................and not for the first time.

28 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

It's the government's own published data showing deaths rising again. I'm not sure why you need a link to it. Google is your friend. I've got sunshine to enjoy.

I can hardly google something which doesn't exist.

Guest TPAFKATS
Are you really suggesting the uk government data that they show as nice wee graphs every day at the daily briefing doesn't exist?

Oh dear.
Too much sun for you today?

2 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Are you really suggesting the uk government data that they show as nice wee graphs every day at the daily briefing doesn't exist?

Oh dear.
Too much sun for you today?

Actually, I thought it was pretty clear that I am challenging your interpretation that spikes are appearing all over the country.

If you don't want to link to the data to back that up then that's fine.

Guest TPAFKATS
Actually, I thought it was pretty clear that I am challenging your interpretation that spikes are appearing all over the country.
If you don't want to link to the data to back that up then that's fine.
It wasn't clear at all.
You can challange my interpretation all you like but you implied the data wasn't there. Your exact words are quoted above.

I watched it during the BBC broadcast. If you want to find it go ahead.
As I said it's not obscure it's government data.

22 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

It wasn't clear at all.
You can challange my interpretation all you like but you implied the data wasn't there. Your exact words are quoted above.

Does the fact that it's government data guarantee its accuracy? 

It wasn't clear at all.

Ah, the root of the problem shows itself.

The government pumps out a lot of data and I don't watch TV. I don't generally watch these announcements online either. I therefore have no idea exactly what specific data you are relying on. Google is my friend but even friends need to know what I am looking for. I attempted to search for "Data which TPAK thingy mentioned on BAWA about nationwide covid spikes". Alas my friend was, not for the first time, found wanting. A link to "lovely Russian wives for you" holds promise but that is tomorrow's work.

So, we're at an impasse.

Edited by oaksoft

4 hours ago, oaksoft said:

The government pumps out a lot of data and I don't watch TV. I don't generally watch these announcements online either. I therefore have no idea exactly what specific data you are relying on. Google is my friend but even friends need to know what I am looking for. I attempted to search for "Data which TPAK thingy mentioned on BAWA about nationwide covid spikes". Alas my friend was, not for the first time, found wanting. A link to "lovely Russian wives for you" holds promise but that is tomorrow's work.

So, we're at an impasse.

Behave yourself you smelly, unwashed nonce.

The lad made a good point, no one needs you noncing hate all over it.

17 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Considering Scotland has the worst death ratio out of the 4 home nations the Scottish government are getting quite an easy ride.

Funny that. :rolleyes:

I think it's simply because they are being seen to be TRYING to do the right thing. The leader of the country is to the fore and, again, is being seen to be so. They have their test and trace in place and they're not being seen to be rushing to open up the country. Peoples perceptions are very important to their view of how things are being handled.

5 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I think it's simply because they are being seen to be TRYING to do the right thing. The leader of the country is to the fore and, again, is being seen to be so. They have their test and trace in place and they're not being seen to be rushing to open up the country. Peoples perceptions are very important to their view of how things are being handled.

That's irrelevant to the current death rate.

I think it's more to do with political bias.

To make it clear I am not criticising the Scottish government, this has been unprecedented and mistakes have been made by most governments.

It's the skewed views that do make me laugh.

OH, PS, the Scottish governments relaxation, schools apart, is not a million miles away for any other government.

The country, Scotland, is already opened up and will increase dramatically in the next week or two. 

Edited by faraway saint

57 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

To make it clear I am not criticising the Scottish government, this has been unprecedented and mistakes have been made by most governments.

OH, PS, the Scottish governments relaxation, schools apart, is not a million miles away for any other government.

The country, Scotland, is already opened up and will increase dramatically in the next week or two. 

It's not just the schools where the Scottish government has deviated. The test and trace is much more cohesive and the instructions as far as work is concerned is different. Stay at home is still largely the message with the caveat that you can have someone over to your garden remaining 2 mts away. Again. It's the perception driven by the message. If it were just party political Nicola Sturgeon wouldn't be showing up so well compared to Johnson south of the border. The barbeque with people bringing their own cutlery and food was a wee bit strange mind you. Meeting people in public was, in my opinion, never an issue as we all have mobile phones so could "arrange" to be exercising locally at a conveniently similar time. 

Guest TPAFKATS
Another reason might be that most folk can recognise that the death rate in England is worse than the other 3 parts of UK.

Of course it can be presented differently for the gullible like creepy from arbroath. They lap it up.

56 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Similar to economic policy where the SNP raise an extra !% compared to the rUK, Covid policy up here so far has been only more stringent than BJ/Westminster although the combination of the "3wee countries" did put a temporary break on BJs easing of lockdown 3 weeks ago. Clearly being tied to the UK obviously limits room for manoeuvre, even the schools issue falls neatly for the SNP with the extra 3 weeks lockdown and our earlier holidays. What has been different up here is that NS has been consistently strong in her daily briefings in contrast to some down South with BJ & PP being my "top wafflers".

FWIW I think the SNP will continue to try and stay "1% tougher on Covid" for political and practical reasons.

Guest TPAFKATS
So, we're at an impasse.
If you are that bad at searching t'internet for daily government data that is published and reported on during a pandemic you are wasting your money on broadband and would be wiser investing it in Russian brides.

5 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
13 hours ago, oaksoft said:
So, we're at an impasse.

If you are that bad at searching t'internet for daily government data that is published and reported on during a pandemic you are wasting your money on broadband and would be wiser investing it in Russian brides.

I do love a Russian doll...:whistle

eroticartmuseumdolls.jpg