Coronavirus

faraway saint

2 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Another professor throwing in their tuppence worth, I'm impressed. :lol:

PS Some other professor was on TV yesterday saying we were coming out of the lockdown too early.

He cited Italys numbers NOW compared to ours, forgetting Italy have been out of lock down for 4 weeks.

Not so bright these professors. :byebye

Edited by faraway saint

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Another professor throwing in their tuppence worth, I'm impressed. :lol:

PS Some other professor was on TV yesterday saying we were coming out of the lockdown too early.

He cited Italys numbers NOW compared to ours, forgetting Italy have been out of lock down for 4 weeks.

Not so bright these professors. :byebye

Well either the stats are prompt, accurate and consistent which takes hard work which our government doesn't like or we're stuck with the daily CoviDeath bingo which seems to lighten up your day so perhaps they're not totally worthless.

Um perhaps you could expand on the professor you're referring to it has no context and like Vienna means nothing to me. 

3 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:
7 hours ago, oaksoft said:
No, that won't work either. You need to normalise both graphs first. That's the only valid approach.

Is there a reason why he's gone from UK data over 5 years to talking about 3 years to now quoting a graph with US data?

No idea. Maybe his therapist knows.

9 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Well either the stats are prompt, accurate and consistent which takes hard work which our government doesn't like or we're stuck with the daily CoviDeath bingo which seems to lighten up your day so perhaps they're not totally worthless.

Um perhaps you could expand on the professor you're referring to it has no context and like Vienna means nothing to me. 

The stats are prompt, accurate and consistent...............well the ones I use.

I don't scrabble around to find other stats to back up my political view as NONE of my stats are posted with any political bias, unlike you and a few others, especially the twisted and dark minded @TPAFKATS

I post the daily figure and usually MY opinion what this is suggesting.

The professor stated the UK were coming out of lockdown too early..........................ok?

He then pointed towards Italy's CURRENT numbers which are under 100............................ok?

He then quoted our CURRENT numbers  which are around 250............................ok?

He seemed to be unaware that Italy had been out of lockdown for about 4 weeks and when they relaxed, as we've just done, their figures were around 200.........................close enough to our numbers to easily be relaxed.

Anyhow, there's enough professors/scientists producing conflicting shite that people produce to, aye, back up their political views. 

I tend to stick to worldometer.

I like the Vienna reference, well done. :wink:

Edited by faraway saint

10 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

One down side of my daily figures it's detracted me, overall, from the total number.

Currently around 39,000, considerably more than I thought we would reach.

Also the effects of this on people outwith the more obvious "older/underlying issues" group has been more debilitating than was publicised.

I was in the group who would have preferred to have caught his virus early on, not now. :(

PS Going back the "professor" point, I could have simply said he misrepresented the figures, and he's a diddy. :wink:

Edited by faraway saint

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

One down side of my daily figures it's detracted me, overall, from the total number.

Also the effects of this on people outwith the more obvious "older/underlying issues" group has been more debilitating than was publicised.

I was in the group who would have preferred to have caught his virus early on, not now. :(

PS Going back the "professor" point, I could have simply said he misrepresented the figures, and he's a diddy. :wink:

At least you can own up to your misjudgements, we have at least one (or several, suppose it depends how you look at it) that's doubled down on his very obvious errors. 

ONS stats out today

England & Wales care home deaths

Total in past 9 weeks
covid-mentioned 12,724

lockdown (excess where covid not mentioned) 13,216

Lockdown killing more folk in care homes than the virus

End the lockdown 

Edited by Sue Denim

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

At least you can own up to your misjudgements, we have at least one (or several, suppose it depends how you look at it) that's doubled down on his very obvious errors. 

Indeed. It’s about time that you owned up to your obvious errors. 

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Leaving aside the fact that many of these 39,000 are casualties of the lockdown and not getting access to the NHS as opposed to the virus, itself, this still leaves 20,000 excess deaths not covered by Covid.

Will lockdown have saved at least 20,000 lives to cover this?

As lockdown probably came after peak of infections and SAGE themselves doubted the effectiveness of a lockdown prior to 23 March, I’d say it’s doubtful. 

And factoring in the thousands of lockdown induced excess deaths still to come in the UK and the millions that will die worldwide, it’s been a disaster.

Let there be no mistake about this, the government was panicked into lockdown by public opinion and media hysteria.

Everyone who supported this has blood on their hands and will double down on it to try and avoid the uncomfortable truth.

12 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

ONS stats out today

England & Wales care home deaths

Total in past 9 weeks
covid-mentioned 12,724

lockdown (excess where covid not mentioned) 13,216

Lockdown killing more folk in care homes than the virus

End the lockdown 

If you believe those excess cases are all nothing to do with Covid19 you truly are mental 😂

What else is contributing to such excessive death in care homes exactly? Clearly an issue with reporting in england. 

3 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I don't see the 10s of thousands of human lives as expendable like you do so I don’t see any ‘obvious errors’ in my view. 

You see 20,000 human lives as expendable according to the ONS

You see 60,000 cancer patients as expendable according to Cancer Research UK

You see thousands of care home residents as expendable.

You see 125 million lives as expendable according to the UN

The blood is all on your hands 

Just now, Sue Denim said:

You see 20,000 human lives as expendable according to the ONS

You see 60,000 cancer patients as expendable according to Cancer Research UK

You see thousands of care home residents as expendable.

You see 125 million lives as expendable according to the UN

The blood is all on your hands 

You have provided nothing at all that suggests lockdown has caused more deaths that Covid19. Your claims are fantasy.

I can find nothing that correlates the 20,000 excess deaths as a result of the lockdown & not Covid19 

It takes a special kind of ignorant to think care home deaths in england have just coincidentally exploded with a bunch of new deaths unrelated to the current pandemic, while the same isn’t happening a short step over the border. It’s clearly an issue with reporting. If you disagree, where’s your praise for NS for it not happening in Scotland? 

The cancer patient number is a worst case scenario that hasn’t happened & doesn’t look remotely like happening. 

Your 125 million is also nonsense. 

you are just reading click bait ‘could’ stories or taking the word of unrealistic reports if it suits your agenda. All the while thousands of people are dying the world over from a pandemic. It’s shameful. 

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

You have provided nothing at all that suggests lockdown has caused more deaths that Covid19. Your claims are fantasy.

I can find nothing that correlates the 20,000 excess deaths as a result of the lockdown & not Covid19 

It takes a special kind of ignorant to think care home deaths in england have just coincidentally exploded with a bunch of new deaths unrelated to the current pandemic, while the same isn’t happening a short step over the border. It’s clearly an issue with reporting. If you disagree, where’s your praise for NS for it not happening in Scotland? 

The cancer patient number is a worst case scenario that hasn’t happened & doesn’t look remotely like happening. 

Your 125 million is also nonsense. 

you are just reading click bait ‘could’ stories or taking the word of unrealistic reports if it suits your agenda. All the while thousands of people are dying the world over from a pandemic. It’s shameful. 

ONS stats this morning show 12,932 excess deaths during the pandemic for England & Wales alone. Add in Scotland and the fact that many of the covid deaths were not really covid deaths then you’ll get to way more than 20,000

https://www.bmj.com/content/369/bmj.m1931

ONS stats this morning show 12,932 excess deaths during the pandemic for England & Wales alone. Add in Scotland and the fact that many of the covid deaths were not really covid deaths then you’ll get to way more than 20,000
https://www.bmj.com/content/369/bmj.m1931
From the same publication

https://www.bmj.com/content/369/bmj.m2193

News

Covid-19: Easing lockdown could risk second spike