Coronavirus

faraway saint

4 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

If you look back you'll see I posted this in more detail last week, some countries like the UK went for 2.0m, some 1.5m, others went for the WHO recommended 1.0m that the Tory right wing are currently agitating for.

Nobody knows what the right answers are yet but we're sure as hell not going to get them quickly from this government unless it improves it's ramshackle approach to data gathering - it's over 4 months since the first Cobra meeting on the pandemic and they're still not getting the basics right.

Try a bit harder next time and maybe you'll post something interesting...:snore

As usual you've missed the point.

It;s the inconsistency from "scientists" and "professors" et al I was pointing out, more than this particular U turn.

Stick to making bread, you're all over the place. :byebye

Tuesday Parliament stops being virtual and all MPs need to return to work........ Wednesday a Government Minister is ill at the dispatch box and is now isolating with suspected COVID. 

That contract tracing call will be interesting...... maybe he should have just used his ‘Great British common sense’. 

9 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

It;s the inconsistency from "scientists" and "professors" et al I was pointing out, more than this particular U turn.

No I'm spot on there are no correct answers yet and there probably won't be for a few years...

Correct answers are reached by examining the evidence and considering different and even conflicting ideas and repeating the process - it's usually a time consuming process...

The scientific approach mentioned above is not the same as our current government running three different sets of stats on how many people are dying of Covid, considering changing the social distancing recommendations to appease the Tory right or easing lockdown restrictions before all of the previously stated targets have been met, just another shrug of the shoulders from BJ - but hey "we're all in it together"..

Edited by Bud the Baker

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Can you show me this "official estimate".

As for the rate of infection, why do you think it's not coming down? 

You may have watched the Westminster "why are we so good" Briefing earlier this evening so you might have seen some discussion on this so apologies if I'm covering old ground.

Sir Patrick Vallance now talks through today's data slides.

He says there is a steady downward detection of new cases, however he notes the true number could be higher - up to 8,000 a day - as the data only counts those who get tested.  He says that is why it is important to make sure more people get tested.

On the infection rate he notes, "it is not coming down fast".  "That means we have to tread very carefully," he warns.

image.png.72577e2e46421977c8c886d48da28b3d.png

6 minutes ago, DumboBud said:

Tuesday Parliament stops being virtual and all MPs need to return to work........ Wednesday a Government Minister is ill at the dispatch box and is now isolating with suspected COVID. 

That contract tracing call will be interesting...... maybe he should have just used his ‘Great British common sense’. 

I’ve just seen a video of him in the commons today, it is like the scene near the start of all pandemic films where the first person suddenly falls ill. 

50 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Quite ironic, calling people "dicks" and "ignoramuses" shows that after 14 years of being a tosser you haven't changed.

It's been shown over the last few months umpteen scientist have been so far wrong they are as good as useless, not all, just some, and that includes you. 

Now, behave yourself or I'll rob your house of all the fecking toilet rolls you've stored over the last few months. 

If you can'y handle criticism pop off. 

That's a lot of hot air when "No thanks" would have sufficed.

17 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

No I'm spot on there are no correct answers yet and there probably won't be for a few years...

Correct answers are reached by examining the evidence and considering different and even conflicting ideas and repeating the process - it's usually a time consuming process...

The scientific approach mentioned above is not the same as our current government running three different sets of stats on how many people are dying of Covid, considering changing the social distancing recommendations to appease the Tory right or easing lockdown restrictions before all of the previously stated targets have been met, just another shrug of the shoulders from BJ - but hey "we're all in it together"..

Yes, you are quite correct.

It's been fascinating to watch a seemingly endless stream of poorly educated idiots, who haven't the faintest idea what science is and how science operates, quite happily making judgments about the leading scientists in our country, from their pulpit of almost total ignorance.

^^^^^ makes a change from it threatening to put me in hospital [emoji23]

Poor delusional fool, the only folk I've put in hospital weren't threatened. They might have been punched, kicked etc etc but i never threatened any of them. So why would I need to threaten someone as insignificant as yourself?

Come to think about it, I've worked it out. Now my knowledge of psychiatry is limited, but as you made it public I hope you don't mind me reminding you. I've traced back this lying to a time that you might have had a traumatic experience.

Remember that time when your wife mutually agreed separation two months before you did, it's so obviously fried the limited brain cells you had.

Now run along and let the adults talk about grown up stuff.

[emoji23]

34 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Exactly what is it about your brain that is stopping ypu from saying "You know what? I have no education as regards science and that precludes me from making a reasonable judgement on its value"?

Then when you've answered that perhaps you can explain why you continue to make these uneducated judgements of yours whilst chucking on a layer of sneering attitude towards other posters?

Differing opinions is one thing but this months long obsession of behaving like a total dick towards everyone is baffling.

Just now, oaksoft said:

Exactly what is it about your brain that is stopping ypu from saying "You know what? I have no education as regards science and that precludes me from making a reasonable judgement on its value"?

Then when you've answered that perhaps you can explain why you continue to make these uneducated judgements of yours whilst chucking on a layer of sneering attitude towards other posters?

Differing opinions is one thing but this months long obsession of behaving like a total dick towards everyone is baffling.

You are funny, better than everyone yet you have shown yourself to be an utter buffoon, not only on this thread but over the years.

A weird socially inadequate, with no understanding of other people and sadly a massively ironic character.

Sneering at other's is possibly the only thing you are competent in and, despite trying to court some support/pals, find yourself out on a limb time after time.  

Again, you're online patter, upping the sweary words and insults, is hilarious as I'm 100% sure you'd shit yourself if faced with anyone on here.

Toddle off, have a cocoa and slither back into your insular life where you only mix with your family, who I pity. :byebye

37 minutes ago, rabuddies said:

You may have watched the Westminster "why are we so good" Briefing earlier this evening so you might have seen some discussion on this so apologies if I'm covering old ground.

image.png.72577e2e46421977c8c886d48da28b3d.png

37 minutes ago, rabuddies said:

however he notes the true number could be higher

Ah, could be higher.

I suppose it could just as easily not be higher. 

I have already noted the death numbers have slowed down, I wouldn't say stalled, as week on week they have slowed, but not as much as I'd seen a week or two ago. 

I also agree things are in the balance and, as I've already said, I worry us "Brits" could feck this up, not the government, the hypocritical public. 

5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

You are funny, better than everyone yet you have shown yourself to be an utter buffoon, not only on this thread but over the years.

A weird socially inadequate, with no understanding of other people and sadly a massively ironic character.

Sneering at other's is possibly the only thing you are competent in and, despite trying to court some support/pals, find yourself out on a limb time after time.  

Again, you're online patter, upping the sweary words and insults, is hilarious as I'm 100% sure you'd shit yourself if faced with anyone on here.

Toddle off, have a cocoa and slither back into your insular life where you only mix with your family, who I pity. :byebye

I took you out of my ignore list and you lasted less than 3 days.

You can go back in there and rot with the family shull until this forum closes down permanently.

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You can go back in there and rot with the family shull until this forum closes down permanently.

I'm devastated. :lol:

PS Thicky is now in your team, a sure sign you are well and truly fcuked. :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

Just now, oaksoft said:

The man is a complete numpty. Two threads on the same topic. Has done somersaults with his views. Worth ignoring. 

Guest TPAFKATS
I think [mention=15909]Cookie Monster[/mention] must have had the same Maths teacher as the homophobic [mention=536]TPAFKATS[/mention]

[emoji23][emoji23]

Do you have an explanation yet to back up your theory that lockdown caused deaths in care homes?

No, just seeking attention again.

Please, for the sake of your mental health, go and get some professional help.

Guest TPAFKATS
I’ve just seen a video of him in the commons today, it is like the scene near the start of all pandemic films where the first person suddenly falls ill. 

I genuinely think this government can't get any more incompetent. Then once again they surprise me.

1 minute ago, TPAFKATS said:
1 hour ago, DumboBud said:

I genuinely think this government can't get any more incompetent. Then once again they surprise me.

The Scottish government are covered in roses...................................if you forget the amount of deaths. :byebye

Guest TPAFKATS
The man is a complete numpty. Two threads on the same topic. Has done somersaults with his views. Worth ignoring. 
They say a broken clock is still right twice a day.

Creepy from Arbroath is more like Stonehenge when it comes to his predictions in this pandemic - he might call it every 6 months.

Guest TPAFKATS

3 minutes this time for the arbroath response.
Although given that I quoted Ricky who creepy claimed he was ignoring even longer than he's been ignoring me, it probably took a wee while to find.

18 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

A quoted reply within 2 minutes of my post from faraway despite me not mentioning or quoting him in my post.

Creepy as f**k

16 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

3 minutes this time for the arbroath response.
Although given that I quoted Ricky who creepy claimed he was ignoring even longer than he's been ignoring me, it probably took a wee while to find.

A couple of things.....................why is the time to respond important?:blink:

It's purely that I'm on the forum after you post. 

Creepy? Only a creep would come up with that. :lol:

As for ignore, you are aware that it can be removed or are you that dim you don't get it?  :blink:

Overall, you're really losing any small plot you ever had, which is highly amusing. :lol:

See below, the irony is honking.

Can't handle it so he hides behind a supposed ignore and fails to respond.

Tragic. 

Edited by faraway saint