Coronavirus

faraway saint

Guest TPAFKATS
What's the figures referring to?
Its the z score. It allows comparisons of mortality rates between different countries.
The quoted source on the graph explains in a much more fuller and more scientific way.

7 hours ago, faraway saint said:

All heading towards the nest stage/phase happening as soon as the next review date comes along.

Pubs open for July?

At this rate their will be no Scottish games played behind closed doors. 

While I sincerely hope we get back to watching football at grounds, I doubt it. For some reason government's seem to be treating sports differently to the rest of society. I have no idea why they are insisting on twice weekly tests for all, costing a small fortune to clubs - I'm now back in work, working from home half the week and in the office the other half, and not been offered a test let alone taken one. No idea why sports which take place outdoors, where the transmission rate is much lower, seem to be viewed as so high risk.

12 minutes ago, Hendo said:

While I sincerely hope we get back to watching football at grounds, I doubt it. For some reason government's seem to be treating sports differently to the rest of society. I have no idea why they are insisting on twice weekly tests for all, costing a small fortune to clubs - I'm now back in work, working from home half the week and in the office the other half, and not been offered a test let alone taken one. No idea why sports which take place outdoors, where the transmission rate is much lower, seem to be viewed as so high risk.

Ask the player's union perhaps. 

1 hour ago, Hendo said:

I would assume you're office doesn't indulge in full contact situations. Or, DOES IT? 

8 minutes ago, Hendo said:

I work in social work, which I would suggest is much higher risk than football clubs.

I hope you are not all sharing showers and swapping shirts at the end of your shift. 

Edited by ALBIONSAINT
Spelling error

6 hours ago, Hendo said:

I work in social work, which I would suggest is much higher risk than football clubs.

Absolutely no doubt it's more important but your employer can take measures to limit your interaction with others and, if not possible, issue PPE which will help protect. In football, such measures are impossible.

10 hours ago, Hendo said:

I think its more to do with the mass gathering aspect of having crowds at the game. Things like football matches, concerts, theatre shows and cinema showings will be the last events to return to normal. Some may get allowed if we have max gatherings of 100 or 250 people, but the first two on the list are going to be out as live spectator shows for a while.

I could live without attending those two things for a while, if it meant getting everything else back.

3 minutes ago, southsidebud said:

I think its more to do with the mass gathering aspect of having crowds at the game. Things like football matches, concerts, theatre shows and cinema showings will be the last events to return to normal. Some may get allowed if we have max gatherings of 100 or 250 people, but the first two on the list are going to be out as live spectator shows for a while.

I could live without attending those two things for a while, if it meant getting everything else back.

Stages of recovery I think. Behind closed doors games with live streaming for season ticket holders then limited number, socially distanced with season ticket holders for us. 

2 minutes ago, southsidebud said:

The hospitality industry, pubs, restaurants, hotels etc, are currently making a lot of noise to reopen, under more joke guidlines.

1m distancing is the new "safe" distance magically.

The early science, less chance of this spreading in open spaces, is still the same.

Surely crowds at sporting events, even at reduced capacity, the new 1m distancing, could easily follow quite soon? 

Things are changing very quickly, I still can see only a few, if any, games in Scotland being played behind closed doors. 

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

The hospitality industry, pubs, restaurants, hotels etc, are currently making a lot of noise to reopen, under more joke guidlines.

1m distancing is the new "safe" distance magically.

The early science, less chance of this spreading in open spaces, is still the same.

Surely crowds at sporting events, even at reduced capacity, the new 1m distancing, could easily follow quite soon? 

Things are changing very quickly, I still can see only a few, if any, games in Scotland being played behind closed doors. 

Agree that things are changing quickly and Phase 2 on June 18 will be a huge psychological step forward (if it happens)

For football, I guess it will come down to how much the social distancing rules of the time apply. At the moment, even with one metre and an empty row between fans you are looking at quarter/fifth capacity max. It'll still be a strange atmosphere - nowhere near normal - and we'll prob just watch on telly until we can get back in as normal.

The first weekend the pubs open, outside beer gardens only or whatever - will be CARNAGE 😐 

Just now, southsidebud said:

Agree that things are changing quickly and Phase 2 on June 18 will be a huge psychological step forward (if it happens)

For football, I guess it will come down to how much the social distancing rules of the time apply. At the moment, even with one metre and an empty row between fans you are looking at quarter/fifth capacity max. It'll still be a strange atmosphere - nowhere near normal - and we'll prob just watch on telly until we can get back in as normal.

The first weekend the pubs open, outside beer gardens only or whatever - will be CARNAGE 😐 

Indeed as there's no way you can control people who will be hammering the bevvy.

There's no real lockdown, with the recent official changes, the daily numbers dropping like a stone it's all systems go.

I fail to see how pubs can open yet you can't attend a football match.

Let's wait and see. 

20 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Stages of recovery I think. Behind closed doors games with live streaming for season ticket holders then limited number, socially distanced with season ticket holders for us. 

Yes agreed - we (as in me and my son) will probably wait till it goes back to normal though - don't fancy all the faffing and possibilities of falling foul of regulations. Public transport may still be dodgy as well

Edited by southsidebud

17 minutes ago, southsidebud said:

Yes agreed - we (as in me and my son) will probably wait till it goes back to normal though - don't fancy all the faffing and possibilities of falling foul of regulations. Public transport may still be dodgy as well

Certainly a case of better safe than sorry 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Indeed as there's no way you can control people who will be hammering the bevvy.

There's no real lockdown, with the recent official changes, the daily numbers dropping like a stone it's all systems go.

I fail to see how pubs can open yet you can't attend a football match.

Let's wait and see. 

I fail to see how they can put 200 people on a plane, but small clubs with gates of 500 or so can't open their gates :huh:

DoH figure - 40597 (7/6/20)

ONS figure - 51,089 (31/5/20) - contemporaneous DoH figure (39,045) 

Excess deaths in the UK since the corona outbreak began - 63,596 (29/5/20) - contemporaneous DoH figure (38,819)

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/uk-coronavirus-live-boris-johnson-to-chair-cabinet-talks-on-lockdown-as-schools-may-not-fully-open-in-september/ar-BB15do0Y?ocid=spartanntp

The true death toll of the Corona virus is undoubtedly somewhere between 31/% (ONS) and 63% (excess death total) above the governments preferred figure.

Edited by Bud the Baker

18 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

DoH figure - 40597 (7/6/20)

ONS figure - 51,089 (31/5/20) - contemporaneous DoH figure (39,045) 

Excess deaths in the UK since the corona outbreak began - 63,596 (29/5/20) - contemporaneous DoH figure (38,819)

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/uk-coronavirus-live-boris-johnson-to-chair-cabinet-talks-on-lockdown-as-schools-may-not-fully-open-in-september/ar-BB15do0Y?ocid=spartanntp

The true death toll of the Corona virus is undoubtedly somewhere between 31/% (ONS) and 63% (excess death total) above the governments preferred figure.

The FACT there are various figures I would say there is plenty of doubt. 

58 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

The FACT there are various figures I would say there is plenty of doubt. 

Coming from the guy who was poo-poohing estimates that the correct total of deaths due to the virus was 50-70% higher if care home deaths were included back in April and who was unable to add up 4 numbers correctly at the time and comparing this against figures provided by the ONS I'll be sticking to undoubtedly.

The Office for National Statistics said the number of deaths involving Covid-19 in England and Wales was 52% higher than the daily figures for deaths in hospitals released by the government as of 17 April, according to official data that includes deaths in the community. 

The ONS said 21,284 people overall had died as of 17 April with mentions of Covid-19, the respiratory disease caused by the coronavirus, on their death certificates. 

That was some 52% higher than the 13,917 people who died in hospitals, as published by the government on 18 April.

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0428/1135310-uk-covid-19-death-toll/

Edited by Bud the Baker