Coronavirus

faraway saint

27 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Oh should we now refer to Bazil as royalty now. Or is it just because he usually makes a royal cnut of his posts?

I couldn't possibly comment on what everybody should do but you seem to have used the royal we as well. Hung by your own petard it seems. 

Guest TPAFKATS
Lol aye alright. A wee small troop on here that get off on moaning at any given opportunity isn't "everyone"
Ironically, he's one of the first to express fake outrage when anyone calls him similar names.

10 hours ago, theknickerwetter said:

Simple point is , you miss the point all the time it seems and then simply try to obfuscate the fact .  BBC, lol . Yeah keep it up , keep watching and listening , they love pilchard and will feed your insecurities. .

What kind of person thinks they are somehow better educated because they get their news from Facebook, Youtube and conspiracy theory websites? 🤣

Are you Sweeper07 or saintnextlifetime in disguise?

They used to post insane nonsense all the time.

You are, aren't you?

16 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Today's number, 15, is excellent news. 

Confirmed cases dropping like a stone as well.

Get things opened up, the virus has almost gone. 

The slow and conservative approach is working, must be careful not to undo all the good in opening up too fast. There are signs of second waves in a few countries now. Patience is a virtue, the virus is a long-way from gone. 

On 6/22/2020 at 9:19 AM, oaksoft said:

And of course you think that.

Look, antrin is decent enough. Just talk to him instead of being a dick about it.

Now go away and give me peace.

Stop patronising me!  :lol:

Your interpretation was correct. His was wrong.

i have no wish to further engage with his convoluted “thought” and response  patterns.

that is all.

nothing personal.
(That would be impossible anyway on an obscure forum with anonymous participants in a remote corner of the www.)

37 minutes ago, antrin said:

Stop patronising me!  :lol:

Your interpretation was correct. His was wrong.

i have no wish to further engage with his convoluted “thought” and response  patterns.

that is all.

nothing personal.
(That would be impossible anyway on an obscure forum with anonymous participants in a remote corner of the www.)

I deliberately threw in the word "enough" to stop myself from choking on the sentiment. :P

There will be a long term and fundamental change to working

my designated workplace is in the city centre and was opened 3 years ago for 1200 occupants

works to take the capacity up to 1600 and then on to 1800 started last year and are now abandoned as the projected long term capacity is now 400

the spend so far is close to £100,000,000

I will be a home worker now for the 5 years until I retire and out of my team of 7 we can have 4 half days a week between us in the one desk we can use at base

this will have implications for the big new builds north and south of the river that won’t open for 2 years as aircon, furniture and finishes are already ordered at this point but probably can’t be used in the intended format

opportunity now arises for existing under utilised space and for fully occupied space to be remodelled and repurposed 

this will not be the last pandemic and the above is an example “learning to live with the virus” for the future

put you pension money in MDF, Perspex fabrications and signage folks

15 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

my designated workplace is in the city centre and was opened 3 years ago for 1200 occupants

works to take the capacity up to 1600 and then on to 1800 started last year and are now abandoned as the projected long term capacity is now 400

I will be a home worker now for the 5 years until I retire and out of my team of 7 we can have 4 half days a week between us in the one desk we can use at base

this will have implications for the big new builds north and south of the river that won’t open for 2 years as aircon, furniture and finishes are already ordered at this point but probably can’t be used in the intended format

opportunity now arises for existing under utilised space and for fully occupied space to be remodelled and repurposed 

this will not be the last pandemic and the above is an example “learning to live with the virus” for the future

Personally I'd be surprised if, long term, buildings are underutilized as you suggest.

This situation is close to ending and companies and people, more so when a vaccine is available, will return to normal. 

Remember, you suggested Boris was dead when he was hospitalised and you also told us you heard a whisper construction would return mid May.

I'll look elsewhere for advice thanks. 

So your employer has already made a decision that SD will be a requirement permanently from here on. I doubt many will take that line.

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

Now that is patronising 

Here's "patronising"...

(though I prefer to call it, "informative".)

Not only should it be "hoist", it's also "by" not "on".

A petard is/was a wee bomb.  Thus "Hoist" is a poetic "blown up into bits"

It doesn't merely lift you by any part of your anatomy or clothing. 

More likely it would transform you into smithereens and momentarily disperse fragments of you here and there in the sky and thence to the surrounding terrain.

However... Shakespeare was scribbling several centuries ago, so in his era an older archaic understanding of "hoist" was to "lift and remove" so we may cut some slack there...

Then again, amusingly enough.... 

"Although Shakespeare's audiences were probably not familiar with the origin of the word, the related French word "petarade" was in common use in English by the 17th century meaning "gun shot of farting" making it appear likely that the double-meaning was intended by the Bard as a joke."

What fun!

A farty joke!

I hope this helps? :)

Edited by antrin

41 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

Let's be a wee bit more optimistic.  :)

I agree that - short term - the bleak description you offer of office life is unattractive, yet functional and likely...

But when the antidote is delivered then normal life will resume.  

All this talk of a "new normal" is simply a temporary condition.  It will be the new abnormal until the antidote is delivered.

Similarly we'll take greater notice of the threats that pandemics undoubtedly have been threatening (and ignored ) for decades.  Human life will adapt to recurring differing  virus, but not simply in the ways you suggest but also to ensure a virus won't catch us so unprepared and defenceless in future. 

And we'll go on the offensive.

Guest TPAFKATS
Social distancing down to 1m in England from 4th July.
Pubs, restaurants, social clubs and caravan and campsites all opening same date.
This puts a lot of pressure on Sturgeon to get moving.
Does it, aye

Guest TPAFKATS
So your employer has already made a decision that SD will be a requirement permanently from here on. I doubt many will take that line.
As long as government guidance continues to state a need for social distancing then employers will continue to follow it.

Social distancing down to 1m in England from 4th July.
Pubs, restaurants, social clubs and caravan and campsites all opening same date.
This puts a lot of pressure on Sturgeon to get moving.
Hasn't she already said 15 July, hardly pressure given it's a matter of days behind only. 2 July 2nd 2m review too ie before 4 July. We are going along ok if we maintain the 10 days or so behind them, seems sensible.

32 minutes ago, antrin said:

Here's "patronising"...

(though I prefer to call it, "informative".)

Not only should it be "hoist", it's also "by" not "on".

A petard is/was a wee bomb.  Thus "Hoist" is a poetic "blown up into bits"

It doesn't merely lift you by any part of your anatomy or clothing. 

More likely it would transform you into smithereens and momentarily disperse fragments of you here and there in the sky and thence to the surrounding terrain.

However... Shakespeare was scribbling several centuries ago, so in his era an older archaic understanding of "hoist" was to "lift and remove" so we may cut some slack there...

Then again, amusingly enough.... 

"Although Shakespeare's audiences were probably not familiar with the origin of the word, the related French word "petarade" was in common use in English by the 17th century meaning "gun shot of farting" making it appear likely that the double-meaning was intended by the Bard as a joke."

What fun!

A farty joke!

I hope this helps? :)

I do like a bit of pedantry

Great