Coronavirus

faraway saint

13 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

5th April

Matt Hancock:

The Health Secretary said the virus is expected to peak within 10 days but said the ventilator capacity will likely be below 18,000

The Health Secretary has admitted the goal ventilator capacity for 18,000 patients is unlikely to be in place for the expected peak of the virus, despite saying the government scheme is on track.

Actual number of ventilators used at peak was 3,301 just 7 days later

clueless

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/04/05/ventilator-target-will-not-hit-expected-peak-admits-matt-hancock/

F54059CA-15A8-48AC-AD9E-B0C3759D585A.jpeg

Well done the lockdown for doing its job. 

Had to make an unscheduled trip into our server centre this afternoon so caught the train. First time in a few weeks and although busier than last time still extremely quiet. About 70/30 wearing masks (yes I did wear mine) but no attempt to enforce the "compulsory " wearing.

29 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Had to make an unscheduled trip into our server centre this afternoon so caught the train. First time in a few weeks and although busier than last time still extremely quiet. About 70/30 wearing masks (yes I did wear mine) but no attempt to enforce the "compulsory " wearing.

Surprised that people were allowed to board without masks. Not disputing your account. 

Guest TPAFKATS
Whataboutery. 
To be fair to the arbroath epidemiologist I did chose a day. However had I chosen a week or even a month it wouldn't have been better reading for England.

Guest TPAFKATS
A 30 minute radio show packed with stats about the pandemic's career, so far.
hosted by Tim Harford, statistician on Radio 4 and for the FT.
Clear, accurate, realistic - interpreting the data to be comprehensible.
You need to have the concentration greater than that of an oyster, though...
Your decision.  [emoji4]
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000kfpy

Didn't catch today, however I have listened to the last 3 weeks. A great wee programme.

As I first pointed out back in March.

However, the point of test and trace has nothing to do with suppressing the virus. It’s all about pretending that the government is doing something and to try and get folk to return to normality. But just like the wearing of masks - it’s worthless. 

Indeed, all it does is perpetuate the panic-demic

stay alert - refuse to be tested - refuse to wear a mask - save lives 

A7AE1EFC-2FC6-4122-8B4A-E6C52AE3036A.jpeg

That’s me and the burd booked up for a couple of nights in the Lake District next week. Looking forward to a visit to the pub again.

But before that, I have another multiple household indoor house party this Saturday.

What can I say. I’m a very popular guy. 

22 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

That’s me and the burd booked up for a couple of nights in the Lake District next week. Looking forward to a visit to the pub again.

But before that, I have another multiple household indoor house party this Saturday.

What can I say. I’m a very popular guy. 

I heard that there are some luxury lodges available in Scotland. Pitlochry and Stonehaven perhaps. 

6 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
7 hours ago, faraway saint said:
Council Tax rises imminent seemingly. 
Everyone better dig deep, going to be costly. emoji3525.png

C/tax rises cannot happen mid financial year and in Scotland are capped. They go up by virtually the maximum permissible every year so nothing new here.

Times are a changing.......................Council group warns of 50% council tax rise unless law is changed to help local authorities

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/council-group-warns-50-council-22271462

Mexico locked down at the same time as the UK

Its almost as if the virus has ignored the lockdown and followed seasonality. Funny that.....

How could countries have been so stupid to go into a lockdown out with the virus’ season only to start coming out before the peak?

The stupidity of governments worldwide....

9B221EED-B4C2-43E8-AFEC-0088AE111CBF.jpeg

Times are a changing.......................Council group warns of 50% council tax rise unless law is changed to help local authorities
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/council-group-warns-50-council-22271462
I sit in meetings with COSLA representatives monthly. They are extreme pesimists constantly berating a lack of cash. The article admits it would need a law change and it's being championed by a labour MSP. 50% will never happen. I'd be stunned with even 20% of that. It's the start of horse trading with the SG over Covid mitigation funds. Expect a lot more of those sort of headlines from COSLA and the LAs in the lead up to budget time in December

Just now, Ayrshire Saints said:
35 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I sit in meetings with COSLA representatives monthly. They are extreme pesimists constantly berating a lack of cash. The article admits it would need a law change and it's being championed by a labour MSP. 50% will never happen. I'd be stunned with even 20% of that. It's the start of horse trading with the SG over Covid mitigation funds. Expect a lot more of those sort of headlines from COSLA and the LAs in the lead up to budget time in December

There's a gaping hole, cash will be needed or massive cuts are ahead.

You don't get nothing for nothing.

13 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
1 hour ago, faraway saint said:
There's a gaping hole, cash will be needed or massive cuts are ahead.
You don't get nothing for nothing.

Absolutely hence the horse trading has started.

I admire your restraint in concentrating on the paucity of sense in his argument rather than his grammatical errors. 

15 hours ago, faraway saint said:

No, a fact, don't you understand facts? :lol:

14 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Thanks Google. :thumbs2

I didn't say it wasn't, I said it was whataboutery. I made a point, you pretty much said "what about this other point" That's whataboutery. :whistle

12 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

Mexico locked down at the same time as the UK

Its almost as if the virus has ignored the lockdown and followed seasonality. Funny that.....

How could countries have been so stupid to go into a lockdown out with the virus’ season only to start coming out before the peak?

The stupidity of governments worldwide....

9B221EED-B4C2-43E8-AFEC-0088AE111CBF.jpeg

Looks like someone forgot to tell Covid19 that it was summer in Alabama, Florida, Texas and a bunch of other US states :whistle 

I said that the increase in cases in Leiecester was down to increased testing.

Once you start testing more people beyond hospital and care home settings then you fill find more cases.

And what do we find?

The investigation into the reason behind the rise in cases in Leicester says it’s down to "growth in availability of testing" in Leicester.....

Doh!

The increase is most marked in age group under 19s..... an age group for which the vast majority are asymptomatic and the remainder get a cold FFS

So you start testing an age group you weren’t testing before, you test them and lo and behold.... you find a handful of them are positive cases

Doh!

Other than the increase in testing, the report finds “There is no obvious source for a recent surge in coronavirus cases”

Doh!

The virus has been here for months. Why the feck did they think they could find the source?

Utterly ridiculous.

Its clear that the people running this country have absolutely no idea what they are doing

Yet people continue to believe the shite being fed to them by the governments and the media

From SAGE minutes on 4th June:

”Potentially one half of hospital admissions labelled as COVID admissions are readmissions or not acute COVID admissions. It is necessary to understand how the NHS is recording these patients to know if this data is distorting modelling work”

FFS......

And this is what government policy is based on