Coronavirus

faraway saint

That’s me and the burd booked up for a couple of nights in the Lake District next week. Looking forward to a visit to the pub again.
But before that, I have another multiple household indoor house party this Saturday.
What can I say. I’m a very popular guy. 
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/seven-people-arrested-after-cops-22304150

We can only hope. [emoji23]

In Italy, bars, restaurants and hairdressers opened on 18 May.

There has been no increases in cases or deaths in Italy.

Why are the SNP following the lead of England in maintaining these restrictions.

Why not follow the lead of Europe?

Why is Nicola Sturgeon trying to be more English than the English and more Tory than the Tories?

I thought she wanted to leave the U.K. and join Europe?

You couldn’t make it up. 

politics instead of people 

'Disgusted'

Scottish Health Secretary's letter uses wrong name for Midlothian pensioner 'needlessly' moved from hospital to nursing home where he picked up Covid-19 and died

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/health/disgusted-scottish-health-secretarys-letter-uses-wrong-name-midlothian-pensioner-needlessly-moved-hospital-nursing-home-where-he-picked-covid-19-and-died-2904051

The death toll in Scotland is a man made catastrophe. 

Man made by the SNP police state government

excess deaths in Scotland during the crisis:

076BEBC2-DDB5-4D08-B487-6347179519F2.jpeg

Edited by Sue Denim

38 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

Cloth masks significantly increase the risk of catching influenza type virus

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4420971/

“They thank as well to the staff from the Hanoi hospitals who participated. They also acknowledge the support of 3M for testing of filtration of the facemasks. 3M was industry partner in the ARC linkage project grant; however they were not involved in study design, data collection or analysis. The 3M products were not used in this study”

Mask manufacturer funds research into the efficacy of masks against cloth covering, I wonder what the results will be?
should also be noted that the trail took place in hospital wards. I would not be expecting face coverings to perform better than clinical mask in this environment. 

5 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

Cloth masks significantly increase the risk of catching influenza type virus

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4420971/

Oh FFS you are not even trying now are you?

This was a test to compare cloth masks to using medical masks amongst health workers who were in daily contact with covid patients.

NHS workers used the masks every shift for 4 weeks.

How on earth does that relate to what we are being asked to do?

I don't like being told to wear these masks any more than you do but you are hardly helping by posting utter shite.

Edited by oaksoft

14 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

'Disgusted'

Scottish Health Secretary's letter uses wrong name for Midlothian pensioner 'needlessly' moved from hospital to nursing home where he picked up Covid-19 and died

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/health/disgusted-scottish-health-secretarys-letter-uses-wrong-name-midlothian-pensioner-needlessly-moved-hospital-nursing-home-where-he-picked-covid-19-and-died-2904051

The death toll in Scotland is a man made catastrophe. 

Man made by the SNP police state government

excess deaths in Scotland during the crisis:

076BEBC2-DDB5-4D08-B487-6347179519F2.jpeg

***Breaking News***

India becomes the latest culprits not to tell Covid19 they're not in a winter flu season.

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

***Breaking News***

India becomes the latest culprits not to tell Covid19 they're not in a winter flu season.

Of course, you ARE aware that the recognised seasonality of flus and/or similar pandemics has its dwindling impact constrained whilst at the same time increases potential to be wildly successful in spreading by the widespread use of air conditioning?  (cf Arizona and Florida)

Superficial point-scoring serves no useful purpose in any attempt at serious debate.

I should know.  :)

On 2/27/2020 at 7:18 AM, faraway saint said:

I've just sneezed, had a Chinese meal last night.....................great, two weeks off work, locked in a room, watch as many box sets as possible and eat as many oranges as Morrisons can supply. :rolleyes:

Really? 

On 2/22/2020 at 9:09 AM, faraway saint said:

BBC continue to milk this, the poor souls who were stuck in a cruise ship, pure hell 😂, are now getting a nice flight home.

So interesting the BBC are showing the flight path. 😴😴😴

Hysteria. 😂

Hysteria? Really? 

Covid didn’t originate in China

https://www.smh.com.au/world/europe/coronavirus-pandemic-may-not-have-started-in-china-experts-say-20200706-p5599t.html

as per Edgar Hope-Simpson’s theory:

https://virologyj.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1743-422X-5-29

Yet the time foil hat public lap up the official line 

Covid didn’t originate in China
https://www.smh.com.au/world/europe/coronavirus-pandemic-may-not-have-started-in-china-experts-say-20200706-p5599t.html

Yet the time foil hat public lap up the official line

The headline....

Coronavirus pandemic may not have started in China, experts say

The very first line....

Coronavirus may have lain dormant across the world and emerged when environmental conditions were right for it to thrive - rather than starting in China, an Oxford University expert believes.

#thichasfcuk.......

A big boy did it and ran away. [emoji23]

2 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

Seriously Andy, you have GOT to start reading these articles you are posting.

You missed the following rather important thing that Whitty said:

“The only people we do sometimes use masks for are people who have got an infection and that is to help them to stop it spreading around," he added.

2 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Coronavirus may have lain dormant across the world and emerged when environmental conditions were right for it to thrive - rather than starting in China, an Oxford University expert believes.

One problem with that theory is that we are expected to believe that virtually overnight every part of the world created the exact conditions for this dormant virus to explode into life. That seems highly unlikely.

I suspect this has either spread through human to human contact, or through food/goods. I can't think of anything else which could have spread it so quickly.

One problem with that theory is that we are expected to believe that virtually overnight every part of the world created the exact conditions for this dormant virus to explode into life. That seems highly unlikely.
I suspect this has either spread through human to human contact, or through food/goods. I can't think of anything else which could have spread it so quickly.

Do you mean that the whole world doesn't have the same seasons at the same time?

Well that fcuks up #thichasfcuks theory.