Coronavirus

faraway saint

23 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Semantics. Your comment "Indeed, people have been talking about this for over 2 months."  doesn't add anything to if there will and if there wont. People being concerned about a second wave doesn't just evaporate because two months has passed. There's a very real possibility of it, it isn't "knicker wetting"

"massive overreaction" in China (it wasn't) 

It then continued with such comments as 

"what a fuss about the flu"

"Hysteria"

"Mass hysteria, Nice way to get two weeks off work"

and that was only about halfway down page one when I stopped. :whistle

Bazl. You expect too much from Wee Boaby. His reason d'etre isn't fact but solely how to prolong endless "sound bites" eminiating from himself... Even if it means directly contradicting what he has already said. 

5 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Don't need to care, my fault for giving you too much credit.

You made mistake after mistake, you underplayed the severity for weeks. It came back to bite you and it seems like you're putting yourself in a similar position by thinking anyone that's concerned about a second wave is a "knicker wetter" 

No doubt if there is a second wave the semantics will come back out to protect your precious pride. 

No I haven't and you are a shambles hiding behind your defence of "semantics" when I proved you to be wrong. 

Now, you've got the forum idiot agreeing with you, that's a sign you're fecked. 

Thanks for playing, easy as usual as your simpleton approach always let's you down. 😂😂😂

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Over half a million people have died, the coronavirus pandemic is an emotive issue, surely you agree with that?

I was simply pointing out my hope there isn't a second wave but that concluding there definitely won't be seems very premature. From the very first post you've been wrong on this pandemic. Credit where it is due, you've addressed you've been wrong at times unlike Andy who has doubled down. Do you not feel it could be a lesson learned for you not to jump the gun on topics and say there won't be a second wave just because it hasn't happened for two months? 

Baz, I hate to break this to you but people die.

If it hadn't been covid, 500,000 would have died of something else.

It would have been a different 500,000 of course but unfortunately this is life.

45 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Semantics. Your comment "Indeed, people have been talking about this for over 2 months."  doesn't add anything to if there will and if there wont. People being concerned about a second wave doesn't just evaporate because two months has passed. There's a very real possibility of it, it isn't "knicker wetting"

"massive overreaction" in China (it wasn't) 

It then continued with such comments as 

"what a fuss about the flu"

"Hysteria"

"Mass hysteria, Nice way to get two weeks off work"

and that was only about halfway down page one when I stopped. :whistle

He didn't say there definitely wouldn't be a second wave.

You made a mistake accusing him of saying that.

Now do the decent thing and accept that and let's all move on shall we?

20 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

No I haven't and you are a shambles hiding behind your defence of "semantics" when I proved you to be wrong. 

Now, you've got the forum idiot agreeing with you, that's a sign you're fecked. 

Thanks for playing, easy as usual as your simpleton approach always let's you down. 😂😂😂

8 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

He didn't say there definitely wouldn't be a second wave.

You made a mistake accusing him of saying that.

Now do the decent thing and accept that and let's all move on shall we?

So it isn't semantics? Is your view there could very well be a second wave and people should be worried about that possibility or not? It's a very common defence mechanism on here for people that can't admit when their view is wrong, ridiculous or some combination of the two "ah but I didn't exactly say that word for word"

His view is anyone worried about a second wave is a knicker wetter, his view in February was this didn't warrant all the attention it was getting. You'd think he'd learn lessons on jumping the gun. 

Also glad to see an abandonment of the three posts a day approach, can I expect more than a limit of 1,095(8) posts a year now? Maybe more likely you'll try spin what was meant by that.  :whistle

16 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Baz, I hate to break this to you but people die.

If it hadn't been covid, 500,000 would have died of something else.

It would have been a different 500,000 of course but unfortunately this is life.

Covid19 has hastened people to their death, people have died that would have been alive today had we not had this virus. It isn't a comfort that other people die, don't be ridiculous. 

9 minutes ago, shull said:

It really is a major hoax all this flu doodah. 

Everybody on this Thread has been duped apart from the boy named Sue. 

Shull uses fishing as a coping mechanism for the things he can't control on here. 

• Last season being called early
  • St Mirren fans still enjoying going to St Mirren games 
  • Football fans still willing to pay money for the sport 
  • Players wages 
  • Jack Ross resting players in a Challenge Cup match

On 7/11/2020 at 10:06 PM, TPAFKATS said:
On 7/11/2020 at 5:22 PM, insaintee said:
Well, I would disagree. with that. 

It's OK, he's just posting soundbites and gibberish. He's got nothing to back up that statement.

This rarely used word popped up the other day, and hey presto, the forum airhead copies it today. :lol:

2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Bazl. You expect too much from Wee Boaby. His reason d'etre isn't fact but solely how to prolong endless "sound bites" eminiating from himself... Even if it means directly contradicting what he has already said. 

6 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

This rarely used word popped up the other day, and hey presto, the forum airhead copies it today. :lol:

Oh dear. Spit the dummy out why don't you. Small man, small mind and very limited vocabulary. 

Edited by St.Ricky

So it isn't semantics? Is your view there could very well be a second wave and people should be worried about that possibility or not? It's a very common defence mechanism on here for people that can't admit when their view is wrong, ridiculous or some combination of the two "ah but I didn't exactly say that word for word"

His view is anyone worried about a second wave is a knicker wetter, his view in February was this didn't warrant all the attention it was getting. You'd think he'd learn lessons on jumping the gun. 

Also glad to see an abandonment of the three posts a day approach, can I expect more than a limit of 1,095(8) posts a year now? Maybe more likely you'll try spin what was meant by that.  :whistle

Sigh! FFS!

Covid19 has hastened people to their death, people have died that would have been alive today had we not had this virus. It isn't a comfort that other people die, don't be ridiculous. 

Yes and it's called life.

You don't seem to understand how it works.

BTW I didn't use the word "comfort" at all.

Edited by oaksoft

19 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

So what? 

You forget how dim he is. A very limited vocabulary. If at no other time he would have been reminded of it often when watching articles on politics. Perhaps also when, like me he trained in giving interviews to the press, radio and TV. Then again, I doubt that. Wee man syndrome. 

Edited by St.Ricky

2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

You forget how dim he is. A very limited vocabulary. If at no other time he would have been reminded of it often when watching articles on politics. Perhaps also wnen, like me he trained in giving interviews to the press, radio and TV. Then again, I doubt that. Wee man syndrome. 

Sound bites. :lol:

wnen? :hammer

Edited by faraway saint

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Sound bites. :lol:

Dim.. Very dim. 

Once you learn to read joined up writing you might improve your range and choice of words. Doubtful, but we can live in hope. When did you do your media training? I would ask for a refund if I were you. 

Edited by St.Ricky

13 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Yes and it's called life.

You don't seem to understand how it works.

BTW I didn't use the word "comfort" at all.

So what do you suggest we do? I don't see at all the point you are making here. 

That's a lie isn't it? 

And like Ricky notes, I didn't say you did. 

Just now, bazil85 said:

Yes you appear to be, I don't understand why else you would bring it up, hardly a big deal. 

Doesn't he just. 

You have to remember that he hasn't had much exposure to variety of language. Just look at his posts. Repetitive and generally monosyllabic. Good for a laugh though but one really shouldn't laugh at the afflicted. It's bad form. 

Just now, bazil85 said:

Yes you appear to be, I don't understand why else you would bring it up, hardly a big deal. 

What about the forum fools posts above? 

How do they sit in your new role as forum decision maker on what defines a worthwhile post? 

Between you, simple Simon, and him, dimmer than a 2 watt bulb, I'm feeling threatened. :lol:

Now, feck off, I've wasted 2 days worth of posts on you already today. :byebye

1 minute ago, St.Ricky said:

Doesn't he just. 

You have to remember that he hasn't had much exposure to variety of language. Just look at his posts. Repetitive and generally monosyllabic. Good for a laugh though but one really shouldn't laugh at the afflicted. It's bad form. 

It's a bit baffling, anything and everything to have a pop. 

hOw DaRe YoU uSe A wOrD uSeD bEfOrE 

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

What about the forum fools posts above? 

How do they sit in your new role as forum decision maker on what defines a worthwhile post? 

Between you, simple Simon, and him, dimmer than a 2 watt bulb, I'm feeling threatened. :lol:

Now, feck off, I've wasted 2 days worth of posts on you already today. :byebye

Little man. Tom Thumb of Arbroath. Wee Boaby. Calm down there son. This is just a fans forum. Oh.. Wait.. You are not a fan.