Coronavirus

faraway saint

All the punters looking for an excuse................................be ashamed.
Asthma my arse.

To be fair to the folk I know who suffer from being asthmatic, most have been wearing masks with a few explaining the anxiety of having it on for a long period can bring on an attack.

4 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Scotland is not seeing 4000 new covid cases per week.

Scotland is part of the UK, if the virus can circle the globe in a very short period of time, it can get from England to Scotland and spread in a country where "all restrictions" have been lifted. Your ignorance is astounding. 

4 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

@bazil85 is clearly an imbecile

Scotland recorded 5 new cases today 

And at these low levels with such an inaccurate test, it’s likely that they were all false positives 

I pointed out Oaks mistake in another post 

4 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

We’ve protected the NHS by dying at home. Well worth clapping for, eh @bazil85?

B9E4D291-4167-4574-8B20-9AABA40A9482.jpeg

Yet again you bastardise figures to just show a snippet of relevant information. "In week 27 the number of deaths were 0.5% below the five year average." Lock-down has massively helped control the virus and it hasn't cost more lives from other causes. here's a big picture graph to show the gravity of the Covid19 impact and how we've started to get it under control. Given we factually know more contact = more people getting sick, it is beyond doubt your approach of zero lock-down would have killed far more people and overwhelmed our health-service. Again walls closing in and proving you wrong. 

Your graph just highlights what we already know. That process has been put in place for more home care and more people not to be admitted to hospital, 0.5% below the five year death average proves that isn't causing more people to die. 

image.png.a342998a7d8cc2cda98eadd9f74f9283.png

3 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

@bazil85 Can you offer a good explanation of how Sweden managed to contain the pandemic? Three weeks ago, it had 1800 cases a day. Yesterday, it had 34. The trajectory of their pandemic has followed exactly the same curve as the U.K. That's with no lockdown, no mask mandate. Schools open, shops open, bars and restaurants open. They're nowhere close Imperial College’s assumes herd immunity levels. 

As we now know that lockdown has killed tens of thousands in the UK, you can surely account for Sweden, can’t you baz? 

9CDE04F5-81C9-40A9-88BC-DFC9A52CD00B.jpeg

I have done many times, Sweden is a far less densely populated country with far fewer multi-generational households and far more one person households. As such comparisons to the UK need caveated. Why don't you ever compare US where they have lifted lockdown too early? Strange you hang onto Sweden, it's all you've got and it's an easily beaten comparison given the mentioned points. 

It makes more sense to compare other similar countries to Sweden and you'll see they have went for a policy that has killed thousands of people, evidence of other similar countries points to that being avoided if they locked down. They went with economy over human life and it greatly backfired with their economy likely to still take a big hit. Shame on them and shame on anyone with a view like yours, that human life is so expendable. 

26 minutes ago, shull said:

The dopes have been duped. 

There was a mild flu for a wee while. 

Bring back Extinction Rebellion. 

Ha ha ha ha ha halfwits 

Oh Shull, still pure raging at the season being called, champions being declared, St Mirren not getting relegated and St Mirren fans paying £300 for season tickets. Trolling is your only coping mechanism.

Kick the unhealthy habit Shull, you can do it. 🤣

7 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:
13 hours ago, faraway saint said:
All the punters looking for an excuse................................be ashamed.
Asthma my arse.

To be fair to the folk I know who suffer from being asthmatic, most have been wearing masks with a few explaining the anxiety of having it on for a long period can bring on an attack.

Anxiety? 

Are they anxious they will spread the virus if they don't or anxious about the mask? 

13 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Asthma my arse.

I've not posted on this thread before but felt I needed to respond to this clown in the video, if he really is a doctor/surgeon he needs to get his ass back to university because he's talking absolute bollocks....

Edited by Helmettroll

Just now, Helmettroll said:

I've not posted on this thread before but felt I needed to respond to this clown in the video, if he really is a doctor/surgeon he needs to get his ass back to university because he talking absolute bollocks....

Is he?

The machine shows very clearly the anxiety that people may have do not suffer any lack of oxygen intake.

14 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I know, it's weird, somebody having a VIEW without Googling everything in their life. :lol:

Try thinking. It serves most of us quite well. You change your views as the mood takes you. Overreaction one day. Terrible the next.

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Is he?

The machine shows very clearly the anxiety that people may have do not suffer any lack of oxygen intake.

I'll respond in more detail later as I have to leave for work, but wearing face coverings promotes the person to breathe in an unnatural and unhealthy way, ie through the mouth, especially in people with I'll health, heart disease, respiratory illness and unfit overweight folk, when you breath in this manner you upset the balance of air and Co2 by overbreathing , which in result can l cause all sorts of illnesess as well as heightening anxiety levels and seriously compromise the person immune system, as I said I need to shoot out for work but, do some research on the benefits of nasal breathing rather than mouth breathing you may be surprised of the complications it will cause..

6 minutes ago, Helmettroll said:

I'll respond in more detail later as I have to leave for work, but wearing face coverings promotes the person to breathe in an unnatural and unhealthy way, ie through the mouth, especially in people with I'll health, heart disease, respiratory illness and unfit overweight folk, when you breath in this manner you upset the balance of air and Co2 by overbreathing , which in result can l cause all sorts of illnesess as well as heightening anxiety levels and seriously compromise the person immune system, as I said I need to shoot out for work but, do some research on the benefits of nasal breathing rather than mouth breathing you may be surprised of the complications it will cause..

Not sure you need to provide more than you have. 

As @FTOF suggested, he's probably aiming this at people who are trying to use this as an excuse.

Apologies for any poor form on my behalf. 

Edited by faraway saint

29 minutes ago, Helmettroll said:

I'm in favour of wearing face masks. I get what you say about the effects of overbreathing through the mouth. Long story cut short. This was demonstrated on a visit to a Top Harley Street Immunologist during a consultation. For some people the Impact can quickly lead to disorientation and black out. So.. I can see why there might be medical exemptions. 

1 hour ago, Helmettroll said:

Hyperventilation(or overbreathing) is a well recognised accompaniment of anxiety attacks and will result in a reduced CO2 level in the bloodstream leading to pins and needles in the hands and feet, which reinforces the anxiety. This will happen whether a mask is worn or not. The problem is not the mask but the anxiety.

Depressing true story from a paramedic

“I work for an out-of-hours service in the south of the UK. We receive cases from 111 and then ring patients to discuss their problems and then either give advice over the phone, send them to a clinic to be seen in person or, if elderly or infirm, send a car to see them at home. One of the services we provide is recognising death, allowing bodies to be taken away to funeral homes before the GP fills in the death certificate.

I cannot give exact details to maintain the family’s privacy but I was recently called to a lady who had died of cancer at seventy-two. Her husband seemed particularly unsettled so after I had seen her and filled out the paperwork we sat down across from one another at the dining-room table. I took off my mask so we could speak freely and asked him what was nagging at him.

The husband said he wanted his wife’s death to be recorded as from cancer and not Covid as his wife had been due to receive immunotherapy when the lockdown began but she had been told, flat, that her treatment was to be postponed indefinitely. A senior medic personally rang her and told her that he had been instructed not to continue treatment of his patients and that nothing could be done, even the oncology unit waiting-room had been turned into a makeshift Covid ward: there would be phone calls every six weeks or so to see how she was. In the second of these phone calls two months later she was told that immunotherapy was available up in London “but that is was probably too late”.

She was dead within weeks.“

Latest ONS and NRS stats out this week. Only had time for a quick look so far but can see that, across the U.K., weekly mortality levels continue to be lower than the 5 year average

Chart below shows excess mortality in Scotland by setting for last week

As can be seen, deaths in care homes continue to be below the 5 year average. This is due to the high excess mortality earlier this year caused by the SNP throwing thousands of sick and elderly patients out of hospital and denying hospital treatment to care home residents

Desths in hospital continue to be well below the 5 year average. This can be attributed, as mentioned above, to throwing thousands of sick and elderly patients out of hospital and denying treatment to not just care home residents but indeed anyone.

And finally, people continue to die in record numbers at home due to being denied hospital treatment.

How anyone can have supported the SNP’s lethal lockdown policies is beyond me

005FEA4D-DB9A-4B75-BACB-CCDE43CDABF7.jpeg

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Not sure you need to provide more than you have. 

As @FTOF suggested, he's probably aiming this at people who are trying to use this as an excuse.

Apologies for any poor form on my behalf. 

Indeed.

It's not helpful to promote a "one size fits all" approach to any form of respiratory/cardiovascular disease and face mask wearing. Different people will cope differently with face masks relative to their illness.

Certainly for the majority of healthy individuals, wearing a face mask whilst on a shopping trip, is unlikely impair your health or breathing, whether you breathe orally and/or nasally. I tend to find that I breathe pretty normally when wearing a face mask or covering. My major problem is my specs steaming up.

Finding the correct mask/face covering that is most comfortable for you is important too. I actually find that the light blue disposable ones are the easiest to wear, along with a couple of scarf type ones that I've bought from the internet.

I've ordered a couple of fabric face masks recently. One with The Ramones on it and another Stranglers one with the Rattus Norvegicus album cover on it.:)

There was a guy in Morrisons the other day with a Rezillos face covering. I asked him where he had got it and he said that his wife had made it from an old T-shirt. Definitely a market out there for this sort of thing.

2 hours ago, smcc said:

Hyperventilation(or overbreathing) is a well recognised accompaniment of anxiety attacks and will result in a reduced CO2 level in the bloodstream leading to pins and needles in the hands and feet, which reinforces the anxiety. This will happen whether a mask is worn or not. The problem is not the mask but the anxiety.

Naw mate this will not happen if a person is breathing in a correct and natural way ( diaphragmatic breathing = nasal breathing), it insures your respiratory system will work efficiently and your blood gases are in balance to provide the maximum oxygen intake into your blood stream, Wearing facemasks will upset this balance where the person will be more prone to mouth breathing which can cause a sorts of chronic diseases as well as anxiety, and other mental health issues... Are facecoverings any use to prevent the spread of Covid, feck knows... but theyll have a adverse effect on peoples health especially those who are suffering from a number of illnesses atm...