Coronavirus

faraway saint

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

Has anyone ever used the word "stop" in this context?

Everyone I've seen commentating on the matter have stressssssssssed that face coverings are use to "mitigate" the spread.

I'm no fan of air travel C'apn but I'd contribute to a one-way ticket to Florida for you!

Ah, right, it’s not meant to stop you passing the virus on to someone, it’s meant to just mitigate it 😂

does you get less severe symptoms if the virus you get has been mitigated? 😂

you’re a semi sensible poster btb but the fact that even you believe every word the governments and the MSM feed you is worrying. 😜

1 hour ago, Sue Denim said:

Ah, right, it’s not meant to stop you passing the virus on to someone, it’s meant to just mitigate it 😂

does you get less severe symptoms if the virus you get has been mitigated? 😂

you’re a semi sensible poster btb but the fact that even you believe every word the governments and the MSM feed you is worrying. 😜

I resent and refute that allegation... 😜

12 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

Another of my mad graphs 

Note for @Ayrshire Saints just cos you don’t understand it doesn’t mean it’s mad

It just means you’re stupid 😃

FD476E62-64D4-40E3-871E-EFDB81EDB10A.jpeg

Yeah but we've just found out that UK (English) figures are pretty much bollox....

The British government has put on hold releasing daily updates on the number of coronavirus fatalities, after scientists noticed serious oddities in the way Public Health England counts the overall death toll.

The announcement comes shortly after Health Secretary Matt Hancock told Public Health England to urgently review its methodology of calculating Covid-19 death figures.

“Currently, the daily deaths measure counts all people who have tested positive for coronavirus and since died, with no cut-off between time of testing and date of death,” reads a short message on the UK government’s website. 

Edited by Bud the Baker

6 hours ago, FTOF said:

Coronavirus: Are mutations making it more infectious?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53325771

More scientists media whoring for attention.

This research is nowhere near ready to be published on a mainstream media channel obsessed with finding the next episode of Drama Queenery.

Come back when they have had the decency and professionalism to prove a link.

Edited by oaksoft

49 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

More scientists media whoring for attention.

This research is nowhere near ready to be published on a mainstream media channel obsessed with finding the next episode of Drama Queenery.

Come back when they have had the decency and professionalism to prove a link.

https://www.news-medical.net/news/20200703/Mutated-European-strain-of-coronavirus-more-contagious-but-less-potent.aspx

Some of us read these articles because they're interesting and contain a lot of really good Biology. 

There's no drama queenery. If you want to see that, go back and read your own posts mid May.

Edited by FTOF

11 hours ago, FTOF said:

https://www.news-medical.net/news/20200703/Mutated-European-strain-of-coronavirus-more-contagious-but-less-potent.aspx

Some of us read these articles because they're interesting and contain a lot of really good Biology. 

There's no drama queenery. If you want to see that, go back and read your own posts mid May.

So there's no proven link yet.

As I said, it should be nowhere near the BBC.

Some of you are just gagging for the next thing to panic about.

Edited by oaksoft

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

I seen an article this morning that 25% of the population (no sure how they arrived at that figure) would NOT take the vaccine.

I'd not shed any tears for any of the 25%. 

I'll be quite happy to let others be the guinea pigs first and see what happens. If all is relatively OK I'll be happy to take it too.

Anything to get rid of these fecking masks.

Up to 210,000 people could die as a result of delays to healthcare brought about by the response to Covid-19, according to an official government report written in April. The report also estimated that up to 12,000 could die as a result of a social distancing-induced recession.

S0120_Initial_estimates_of_Excess_Deaths

The MSM beginning to reveal the truth 

CORONAVIRUS fatalities could be “less than half the official toll”, a former World Health Organisation chief has said.

“It could end up that more people have died because of lack of medical care directly caused by the unavailability of it, because its facilities have been taken over for Covid.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11837547/coronavirus-deaths-half-official-toll-docs-wrongly-mark-certificates/

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/06/07/lockdown-restrictions-not-simple-lives-versus-livelihoods/

Edited by Sue Denim

Guest TPAFKATS
I'll be quite happy to let others be the guinea pigs first and see what happens. If all is relatively OK I'll be happy to take it too.
Anything to get rid of these fecking masks.
Not quite anything. If it was "anything" you'd be at the front of the queue for the vaccine instead of seeing how it goes with others.

Lots of public sector workers to get pay rises above inflation, keep it quiet, not everybody likes a good news story.
Inflation is low right now but, hey, it's better than unemployment which a lot of people will have or be getting soon. 

Only doctors and dentists plus judges and senior civil servants will benefit in Scotland.

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
59 minutes ago, faraway saint said:
Lots of public sector workers to get pay rises above inflation, keep it quiet, not everybody likes a good news story.
Inflation is low right now but, hey, it's better than unemployment which a lot of people will have or be getting soon. 

Only doctors and dentists plus judges and senior civil servants will benefit in Scotland.

Better tell wee Nicola to get down the back of the couch, Scottish workers deserve a rise as well.