Coronavirus

faraway saint

Only took you the 5 million years... Here comes Sarti "technically that wasn't how long it took" lol 
Also you absolutely did disagree with me on a number of things to get the argument going, that actually is a fact.
There was me thinking we had turned a corner with all the likes, silly me :whistle
Of course we disagreed.
I'm sensible! [emoji12]

2 hours ago, smcc said:

If Nicola Sturgeon really was a fascist dictator you would have been locked up (or shot) long ago. Remember Franco, Hitler and Mussolini?😀

Good comparison

All 4 were / are egotistical, narcissistic nationalists you took away people’s liberties and whose policies killed thousands of people. 

Edited by Sue Denim

Dr John Lee

The government painted itself into a corner very quickly. It doesn’t know how to get out of that corner apart from by acting out the scenario that it came up with in the first place, which is why, months after we could have abolished all these restrictions and got back to normal, we are going through more months of public virtue-signalling and ritualistic behaviour. When you convince yourself the sky is falling, it is quite difficult to un-convince yourself of it, especially if you have invented various methods which you think are effective in keeping it up.

That's the BBC  now reporting that 16,000 extra deaths have been directly caused by lockdown.

It seems a lot of people who would have sought medical help didn't do so.

I suppose they believed that it wasn't safe to go to hospitals or GP surgeries.

Also, they probably and very wrongly believed that hospitals were swamped due to covid cases.

Apparently that's 2 extra deaths for every 3 covid deaths.

As I have repeatedly said to the virtue signallers (Baz, TPAK thingy etc.) on this forum - covid is not, has never been and never will be a moral issue. It is a health and political issue. There was no solution which would have resulted in no deaths.

Edited by oaksoft

That's the BBC  now reporting that 16,000 extra deaths have been directly caused by lockdown.
It seems a lot of people who would have sought medical help didn't do so.
I suppose they believed that it wasn't safe to go to hospitals or GP surgeries.
Also, they probably and very wrongly believed that hospitals were swamped due to covid cases.
Apparently that's 2 extra deaths for every 3 covid deaths.
As I have repeatedly said to the virtue signallers (Baz, TPAK thingy etc.) on this forum - covid is not, has never been and never will be a moral issue. It is a health and political issue. There was no solution which would have resulted in no deaths.

Have been, then.........

It seems,

I suppose,

Probably,

Apparently.

So what is it?

46 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Have been, then.........

It seems,

I suppose,

Probably,

Apparently.

So what is it?

I didn't write the article.

Email the BBC.

Better still, go and read it for yourself.

So many lazy people....:P

Edited by oaksoft

2 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

I did try to find it, I was unsuccessfull. If you could provide a link to it, it would be very much appreciated. emoji6.png

I'll let you off just this once because the buggers have either moved it or removed it or changed the title.

They have a bad habit of doing that.

Here's an "optimistic", (perhaps...) BUT reasonable assessment of cv19 and what its real impact upon the world may be.

From an MD who has been and is working on the frontline in Sweden.

https://sebastianrushworth.com/2020/08/04/how-bad-is-covid-really-a-swedish-doctors-perspective/

(warning: this link contains opinions that may be enjoyed by Sue Denim.)

8 hours ago, antrin said:

Here's an "optimistic", (perhaps...) BUT reasonable assessment of cv19 and what its real impact upon the world may be.

From an MD who has been and is working on the frontline in Sweden.

https://sebastianrushworth.com/2020/08/04/how-bad-is-covid-really-a-swedish-doctors-perspective/

(warning: this link contains opinions that may be enjoyed by Sue Denim.)

Maybe, in hindsight, The Cap'n was correct about Sweden although as ever scientific opinion is not universal :rolleyes:, what they did have going in their favour is making a decision early about social distancing and what restrictions to take and sticking to them - it was never the free for all that the PotUS has allowed in the land of the free and the home of the brave.

The lead story on the virus today is closing pubs & restaurants and as a means to keep schools open, again I think this is wooly thinking by the government bracketing the two together - social distancing seems to be difficult to maintain as the evenings wear on at pubs but it's not as if people go on restaurant crawls.

I've always said we should err on the side of caution so supported the lockdown but 6 months on perhaps we are in a better position to say how we focus our prevention strategy until a vaccine is available.

Oh and FWIW I am maintaining my hygiene regime with regards to my facemasks, both Steampunk & Saints varieties...

32 minutes ago, insaintee said:

Thanks for these two interesting but unconvincing links.

The first produced by number-crunching people, who have their place, but who recognise that their reports are not scientific evidence that masks work in the public domain but that because lots of countries have adopted them it is worth ding...

The second stresses that the effectiveness of masks has been proven but only in clinical settings, and those findings are possibly not  attributable to wearing masks in public.

The doctor I linked to above in Sweden on the front line is honestly upfront saying that his 'report' is necessarily anecdotal.  

Same as, if you read the phrasing of your two links - they're also admitting "wearing masks is a good thing" is just as anecdotal as his was

Good to know.

18 minutes ago, antrin said:

Thanks for these two interesting but unconvincing links.

The first produced by number-crunching people, who have their place, but who recognise that their reports are not scientific evidence that masks work in the public domain but that because lots of countries have adopted them it is worth ding...

The second stresses that the effectiveness of masks has been proven but only in clinical settings, and those findings are possibly not  attributable to wearing masks in public.

The doctor I linked to above in Sweden on the front line is honestly upfront saying that his 'report' is necessarily anecdotal.  

Same as, if you read the phrasing of your two links - they're also admitting "wearing masks is a good thing" is just as anecdotal as his was

Good to know.

Forunately it is not you that needs convinced, it public health officials and experts. Not wish to dis your *ahem* scientific credentuals 

2 hours ago, insaintee said:

Forunately it is not you that needs convinced, it public health officials and experts. Not wish to dis your *ahem* scientific credentuals 

You're perfectly right that - in the wider world - it's PH Officials and experts that need to be convinced.

But I wasn't responding under some illusion that you'd posted those links on this venue because you'd thought this would be the best place such people might find it.

There was silly me, thinking that you posted it in here, so that us dreary, ordinary punters might learn something! 

Ah well...  :rolleyes:

Edited by antrin