Coronavirus

faraway saint

5 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

I'm almost sure there's no sane person will refute gravity. emoji6.png

Funnily  enough, there are plenty of scientists looking at this very thing.

I believe it's gravity which is preventing a unified theory of everything.

Plenty of smart folk thought it might even be a pseudo-force.

On 8/14/2020 at 9:51 PM, Sue Denim said:

Cuomo admits that lockdown may have spread the virus.

As you pointed out @bazil85, more contact means more infection....

doh!

https://gdspoliticalanimal.blogspot.com/2020/08/cuomo-ny-lockdown-may-have-caused-some.html?m=1

Cuomo (a politician not a scientist or remotely linked to the expertise regarding a virus pandemic) speculates. The article includes such quotes as "I don't even know" and from an "opinion section" and "there is a theory" 

If only someone could poke some holes in this post, doh! 

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

Masks but no mention of face covering which are different - without context your post (as so many others) is meaningless.

Do you mean things like scarves and jumpers, for which there is no shred of evidence that they have any effect at all?

8 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

The woke virtue signallers are killing people left right and centre 

Vital Renfrewshire group that battles suicide quits town in row over social distancing

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/vital-renfrewshire-group-battles-suicide-22533037

I take my hat of to the two guys running this venture, but to class this group as vital is stretching the truth somewhat, something the Daily Record has a track record for doing. 
RAMH, breathing space and your GP all provide crisis services for mental health issues. 

2 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Used to go out with mates on a Thursday for something to eat, changed to a Tuesday this month.

First time last night in Mirage (The Old Bruno's) was one of the few places not fully booked.

Have heard and seen comments on line of a couple of restaurants complaining about no shows.

Imagine it's nice... 

2 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Used to go out with mates on a Thursday for something to eat, changed to a Tuesday this month.

First time last night in Mirage (The Old Bruno's) was one of the few places not fully booked.

Have heard and seen comments on line of a couple of restaurants complaining about no shows.

Customers can be entitled bastards sometimes.

Ordering stuff for collection, you go to the effort of looking it out, packaging it and putting it to one side......and the buggers don't collect.

Then you've got all those scumbags who won't pay their invoices.

That's before we talk about shops having to deal with arseholes ordering stuff knowing in advance that they'll return 90% of it.

We moved to a "pay up front" model years ago and we've never had a moments trouble ever since.

These pubs and restaurants are going to have to learn really fast.

Whoever said "the customer is always right" obviously never ran a business 😀

Edited by oaksoft

3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Customers can be entitled bastards sometimes.

Ordering stuff for collection, you go to the effort of looking it out, packaging it and putting it to one side......and the buggers don't collect.

Then you've got all those scumbags who won't pay their invoices.

That's before we talk about shops having to deal with arseholes ordering stuff knowing in advance that they'll return 90% of it.

We moved to a "pay up front" model years ago and we've never had a moments trouble ever since.

These pubs and restaurants are going to have to learn really fast.

Whoever said "the customer is always right" obviously never ran a business 😀

Let me guess, was it faraway who didn't pay the invoice   :rolleyes:

The eat out to help out is a ridiculous waste of resources. It's targeted at people who could well afford to eat out without help. given they've been stuck at home and given the length of queues outside the drive ions at the likes of MacDonalds it's clear people would have been desperate to get out if they had the cash. It's those families who are struggling to put food on  their own table who are in need.  This money should have been put to better use.

25 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

The eat out to help out is a ridiculous waste of resources. It's targeted at people who could well afford to eat out without help. given they've been stuck at home and given the length of queues outside the drive ions at the likes of MacDonalds it's clear people would have been desperate to get out if they had the cash. It's those families who are struggling to put food on  their own table who are in need.  This money should have been put to better use.

I think you need to lie down FFS.

Alternatively, go an educate yourself about the aims of that scheme.

As for those people in need, the government have been paying people to sit at home for months and have significantly increased things like tax credits and universal credit.

The government have done OK during this so far.

48 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I think you need to lie down FFS.

Alternatively, go an educate yourself about the aims of that scheme.

As for those people in need, the government have been paying people to sit at home for months and have significantly increased things like tax credits and universal credit.

The government have done OK during this so far. HAVE THEY FECK.

No I don't.

I have, And I fully understand it. Unlike you apparently.

They are worried about the businesses. NOT the employees. They believe in trickle down economics and are happy to maintain a level of unemployment that suffocates the ambitions of the working man. They had no alternative to paying this money as there was no way they could do otherwise without causing a mass revolt over forcing people to isolate. They have been behind the curve at all times with this pandemic. They now have the audacity to give money to employers, a lot of whom could quite easily afford to fund their own revival while ignoring those who really have suffered. You know. Those who no longer have a job. Those who have been thrown on the scrapheap by unscrupulous employers who have used this situation to "restructure". Anyone who believes this government has done all they have out of some sort of benevolent angle needs their head examined. 

10 hours ago, stlucifer said:

No I don't.

I have, And I fully understand it. Unlike you apparently.

They are worried about the businesses. NOT the employees. They believe in trickle down economics and are happy to maintain a level of unemployment that suffocates the ambitions of the working man. They had no alternative to paying this money as there was no way they could do otherwise without causing a mass revolt over forcing people to isolate. They have been behind the curve at all times with this pandemic. They now have the audacity to give money to employers, a lot of whom could quite easily afford to fund their own revival while ignoring those who really have suffered. You know. Those who no longer have a job. Those who have been thrown on the scrapheap by unscrupulous employers who have used this situation to "restructure". Anyone who believes this government has done all they have out of some sort of benevolent angle needs their head examined. 

Blah blah the working man blah blah thrown on the scrapheap blah blah yawn.

Did I get the gist of your 1980s rant?

Maybe if you stopped complaining so much you'd be much happier. Honestly, it's always raining where you are. How do you get out of bed in the morning?

Edited by oaksoft

Maybe if you stopped complaining so much you'd be much happier. Honestly, it's always raining where you are. How do you get out of bed in the morning?
Don't know about him but the first thing I have to do when getting up is try get two lazy-arsed border collies to move.

27 minutes ago, Slarti said:
4 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Don't know about him but the first thing I have to do when getting up is try get two lazy-arsed border collies to move.

My dog pretends not to need the toilet.

3 hours ago, Slarti said:
7 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I pity you