Coronavirus

faraway saint

On 8/19/2020 at 8:22 AM, Cookie Monster said:

Used to go out with mates on a Thursday for something to eat, changed to a Tuesday this month.

First time last night in Mirage (The Old Bruno's) was one of the few places not fully booked.

Have heard and seen comments on line of a couple of restaurants complaining about no shows.

I can imagine you being the fat guy sitting by yourself eating a curry with your imaginary pals 😂

20 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

I see the staunch unionists running Aberdeen City Council are playing political games over lockdown measures.

From the supporter of of the person who has used the whole pandemic to play political games - and killed thousands in the process and destroyed the economy.

A tad ironic. 

On 8/19/2020 at 6:51 PM, stlucifer said:

The eat out to help out is a ridiculous waste of resources. It's targeted at people who could well afford to eat out without help. given they've been stuck at home and given the length of queues outside the drive ions at the likes of MacDonalds it's clear people would have been desperate to get out if they had the cash. It's those families who are struggling to put food on  their own table who are in need.  This money should have been put to better use.

Indeed.

The furlough scheme was a ridiculous waste of money as well.

A far better idea would have been to encourage people to carry on as normal rather than scaring people.

It was have cost a few hundred billion less and 30k less people would have died. 

12 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Blah blah the working man blah blah thrown on the scrapheap blah blah yawn.

Did I get the gist of your 1980s rant?

Maybe if you stopped complaining so much you'd be much happier. Honestly, it's always raining where you are. How do you get out of bed in the morning?

I'm really glad I didn't rush home expecting sensible replies as I would have been seriously disappointed. WTF has what year it is got to do with real tragedies of people losing their livelihoods? In fact your answer reflects the "greed is good" eighties culture.

3 hours ago, stlucifer said:

I'm really glad I didn't rush home expecting sensible replies as I would have been seriously disappointed. WTF has what year it is got to do with real tragedies of people losing their livelihoods?

In fact your answer reflects the "greed is good" eighties culture.

No it doesn't. 😅

I'm having a wee dig at your over-emotional claptrap. 😅

You are always fecking raging on here. What the hell is wrong with you?

3 hours ago, Long John Baldy said:

Over 11m people have used the eat out to help out.

It, obviously, won't make up for the months of no custom but it will be much needed and could well save the business's that need it.

Becoming more normal every day. 

But how can you be happy? The Tories have not solved every single problem that people face in the world.

You are not allowed to find any joy until the last person in trouble has been saved.

Heartless bastard!

(I just wanted to know what it felt like to be a left winger like Lucy or TPAK thingy. Blimey, what a soulless existence.)

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

But how can you be happy? The Tories have not solved every single problem that people face in the world.

You are not allowed to find any joy until the last person in trouble has been saved.

Heartless bastard!

(I just wanted to know what it felt like to be a left winger like Lucy or TPAK thingy. Blimey, what a soulless existence.)

Strange how you can imagine that people - who show concern about the plight of those disadvantaged - are soulless in comparison with you who arrogantly and regularly state that you only care about yourself and your family, f**k all others.

:unsure:

3 hours ago, antrin said:

Strange how you can imagine that people - who show concern about the plight of those disadvantaged - are soulless in comparison with you who arrogantly and regularly state that you only care about yourself and your family, f**k all others.

Well it's quite elementary dear antrin.

It's all wafer thin virtue signalling on your part.

Words are easy. Action is what counts.

I'm just taking the piss out of that fakery whilst being honest with how I feel about others.

As for me, seeing as how you have never actually asked what I believe in, preferring to concoct your own conclusions, I believe that Homer said it best when he said "I love the idea of humanity. I just hate other people". It's great that we have people like BuddieInEK and an army of others who actually DO things for disadvantaged people rather than bleat about unfairness online like you, TPAK thingy and the lord Lucy do. It's a good thing that we help the weakest in society. Just don't expect me to want to help out other than via taxes or NI contributions etc. Helping others isn't my passion and there's absolutely no reason why it should be. It's not a moral issue and you continually beating the drum on that from the safety of your own couch isn't going to make it one.

Only a complete fool would accuse anyone on a social media platform of "virtue signalling", given that they have no idea what that person does in real life or indeed motivates them.

It smacks of lazy, smug posturing from an individual completely lacking the ability to rebut someone's point of view on a specific matter.:)

As far as I'm concerned, my family can get to f**k too, it's all about ME!!!! :)

Guest TPAFKATS

Well it's quite elementary dear antrin.
It's all wafer thin virtue signalling on your part.
Words are easy. Action is what counts.
I'm just taking the piss out of that fakery whilst being honest with how I feel about others.
As for me, seeing as how you have never actually asked what I believe in, preferring to concoct your own conclusions, I believe that Homer said it best when he said "I love the idea of humanity. I just hate other people". It's great that we have people like BuddieInEK and an army of others who actually DO things for disadvantaged people rather than bleat about unfairness online like you, TPAK thingy and the lord Lucy do. It's a good thing that we help the weakest in society. Just don't expect me to want to help out other than via taxes or NI contributions etc. Helping others isn't my passion and there's absolutely no reason why it should be. It's not a moral issue and you continually beating the drum on that from the safety of your own couch isn't going to make it one.

I see you've referred to me in your raging post, or was it the other TPA from Jersey who was getting your "savaging"?

To quote your own post - you don't know what I do for others, you just prefer to assume [emoji57]

You're not really all that bright, are you oakster?

On 8/21/2020 at 6:15 AM, Cookie Monster said:

Your imagining imaginary pals. emoji1788.png

Shame to see it taking advantage of the pandemic to line it’s own pockets by defrauding the taxpayer.

And again, it’s “you’re” not “your” 

stupid 

hope it enjoyed the table for one 😃

Edited by Sue Denim

19 hours ago, antrin said:

Strange how you can imagine that people - who show concern about the plight of those disadvantaged 

They pretend to show concern about the plight of others. 

Certain people on this forum have loved pandemic as it suits their political agenda. 

The fact that there have been tens of thousands of collateral deaths and millions of livelihoods destroyed  has not bothered them one bit. It’s a price worth paying to allow them to virtue signal.

2 hours ago, Long John Baldy said:

English schools getting into a frenzy about not having enough guidance on returning.

Sounds like the Scottish government, local authorities and schools have coped using large slices of common sense.

English schools seem to be needing spoon fed to cover every eventuality.

Scottish teachers and the unions fought it tooth and nail up here but backed down when they realised public opinion was against them.

It's not surprising to see England and Wales face the same issues. They'll back down as well.

Granddaughters school, primary, have sent 8 kids home today from one class who had "cold" like symptoms.
Yip, going to be a long few months when lots of children sneeze/cough.
Chaos for parents trying to get back to normal. 
PS I've made this post without consulting an expert. 
Hope they get test and results back as quick as a mate did. His daughter had a cough on friday, got result back Saturday morning, negative. [emoji106]

3 hours ago, Long John Baldy said:

Granddaughters school, primary, have sent 8 kids home today from one class who had "cold" like symptoms.

Yip, going to be a long few months when lots of children sneeze/cough.

Chaos for parents trying to get back to normal. 

PS I've made this post without consulting an expert. 

Cold symptoms and Covid 19 symptoms are quite distinct.