Coronavirus

faraway saint

Fascists Boris and Nicola will step up the Mask wearing over the next few weeks. 
All children will be forced to wear masks in the classroom. 
All people will be forced to wear masks outside in public. 
Will end with all folk having to wear masks inside their own houses. 
Just say no. 

https://questioningcovid.com

19 hours ago, freethinker said:

Fascists Boris and Nicola will step up the Mask wearing over the next few weeks. 

All children will be forced to wear masks in the classroom. 

All people will be forced to wear masks outside in public. 

Will end with all folk having to wear masks inside their own houses. 

Just say no. 

478BD988-8829-46E5-9519-61F5A573B21E.jpeg

2 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

The vast majority of “scientists” have proved beyond any reasonable doubt throughout this pandemic that they are clueless.

I agree. But you don't prove that by referencing work by economists you daft twat. :lol:

For me, this stopped being "science" when the mask/scarves nonsense started.

It's depressing to watch the whole affair turn into pseudo-science overnight.

This is me in my current mask...

plague-lead-2.jpg

On a serious note the main priority of the governments (at Holyrood & Westminster) at the moment should be to acknowledge is that no perfect solution(s) are available and that until a vaccine arrives it must be a case of getting as much information to the public and publicising the trade-offs that have to be made, will Westminster prevent a spike in parents demanding tests children with non-Covid symptoms over the next few weeks - again they have a chance to avoid a predictable pratfall that we've fallen into north of the border.

At her daily briefing today NS was emphasising that parents should not book tests for kids with runny noses but no other Covid symptoms - it remains to be seen whether this will happen.

Edited by Bud the Baker

1 hour ago, Long John Baldy said:

I remember someone using the word "hysteria" on this thread in the early stages, seems it's back in fashion...................

Nearly 17,500 children were tested for coronavirus across Scotland over the past week - but only 49 were positive, Nicola Sturgeon has said.

Demand for testing has increased "significantly" since pupils returned to schools earlier this month

But the first minister said the 49 children aged between two and 17 who tested positive last week was only two more than the previous week.

Ms Sturgeon said there "may have been some technical issues" which led to people being "directed erroneously to testing centres in England", and that work was ongoing to resolve the problem.

It’s always been with us. The worried well are going to destroy our NHS. Before Covid I spoke with someone from NHS 24 who told me they regularly had calls about sunburn!! 

7 hours ago, Long John Baldy said:

Scaremongering, another word that was used in this thread some time ago.

Oh, I know because the person in this video isn't a scientist or expert her views will be dismissed but there's a whole lot of sense in what she says.

Honestly, I had to switch off after 5 minutes because her screeching voice was doing my head in.

She does make some good points though.

IMO you have a government scared of being blamed for this so they are hiding behind the science. You then have the scientists getting caught up in all the attention being showered on them, the money being thrown at them and the increased importance being given to them and I can tell you this, they'll find ways of presenting data which allow them to retain the status quo for as long as possible.

What is needed is for our politicians to lead and make their own decisions. Get the country fully open, stop the farcical mask wearing pish and accept that covid is another risk we have to manage in life. We cannot continue like this.

Edited by oaksoft

Re Ms. Welch I don't think you can directly compare a Virus like Covid that can be spread with conditions like cancer and heart disease that can't. Having said that she is quite correct that the Westminster government has lost it's nerve like on the school face-masks issue where the worst of it is the hardline No-No-No approach followed by an abrupt U-turn. 

There is a debate to be had about how much we'll just have to "grin and bear" Covid if & when it becomes more prevalent in the winter - I've personally said I prefer a cautious approach such as wearing face coverings in shops but I'm not so sure about schools where multiple on/off operations might prove counterproductive and am unsure how often people will use their "single use" masks (changing daily would seem about right to me) and how often people wash their reuseable ones again a daily wash would seem the best option after all they're worn on the outside and unlike underpants can't be expected to stay clean for a week.

Much of the date we have on the virus is incomplete, decisions will have to be made on this basis and flexibility will be required by organization based on their circumstances - we just have to trust that the majority of organizations will behave in the "best interests" of the public in general.

5 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Re Ms. Welch I don't think you can directly compare a Virus like Covid that can be spread with conditions like cancer and heart disease that can't. 

Her point is that every health issue bar Covid is being neglected and this is ending up killing far more people than the virus.

Lockdown has killed far more people than the virus.

11 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

Her point is that every health issue bar Covid is being neglected and this is ending up killing far more people than the virus.

Yeah I'm well aware of her point, I just don't think that comparing infectious and non-infectious diseases is valid I still think the decision to lockdown in March was correct.

Can you prove lockdown in the UK has killed more people than the virus - nothing you've posted so far has?

Edited by Bud the Baker

19 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

You have no idea(and never will have) how many people would have died from Covid-19 infection if lockdown had not been instigated.